UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shamrock to Swick: 'I was making you a man'

11/24/10 9:35 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Frank Shamrock suffered a war of words with Dana White that included a video ostensibly in support of a nationwde anti-bullying is school campain, making dark reference to being "bullied for telling the truth." Mike Swick responded with outrage, accusing Shamrock of injuring training partners, holding chokes through tapouts until unconsciousness, and, generally, being a heinous bully. The quarrel spilled over into twitter:

Mike Swick:

He is obviously not sincere in the least if he cant at least make an apology video to all those he bullied first. http://tinyurl.com/25kr79n

Come on Shamrock, if ur gonna be an advocate, be a man & admit u were a bully & apologize. Bet that video never surfaces! Don't be fake!

I cant even list the fighters Franks injured & passed out after they tapped & now he's an antibully advocate because he was cyberbullied?!

You made this video: http://tinyurl.com/2f3wyom Then after getting cyber bullied started a campaign against bullies? @frankshamrock #Irony

Frank Shamrock:

Mik swick callying me a bully is lame. I used to whoop his butt for sure cuzz he wanted to be a champ. Always respect and love 4 him.

Guess swick forgot how I used to write his fan mail bak when he in the military. Or how I bled for him and trained him personally.

@officialswick sorry Mike if i hurt your feelings. i was making you a man and a champion, as you requested. Plez @standuptogether

Mike Swick:

I'll delete the last one but its true. No need to say anything else. U know how I feel. U had 7yrs to talk to me. @FrankShamrock

Frank Shamrock

@officialswick yeah talk to your management bro. don't air garbage. If you want to talk like a man i am around SJ today. later,

11/24/10 9:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chill__Owl
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds homo

11/24/10 9:41 AM
T-Ham
315 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ people arguing on twitter.

So gay.

11/24/10 9:44 AM
HULKSMASH
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did Shamrock ever finish elementary school? Phone Post
11/24/10 9:47 AM
lordbreakdown
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do these people know other people are reading this girl drama? how fn lame.
11/24/10 9:54 AM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swick > Black and Decker pecker wreckers.
11/24/10 10:01 AM
Cockblock
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmm ttt
11/24/10 10:12 AM
Body Shots
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit just got real! Damn! Phone Post
11/24/10 10:16 AM
ausgepicht
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what -  "I was making you a man" screams of entitlement and double standard. Phone Post
Maybe it was true.

11/24/10 10:20 AM
Fake Rassler

Edited: 11/24/10 10:20 AM
LOL Frank is making sound like Kid Lion was his sex bitch, like Colin farrell and Kevin spacey (true)

edit: allegedly
11/24/10 10:31 AM
RyanPleasure

Sounds like the dude from bully beatdown... He was just trying to help AKA get the "poison" out. Phone Post
11/24/10 10:47 AM
standupwarrior
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very douchy
11/24/10 11:08 AM
ender852
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I was making you a man"
is the oldest excuse for bullying people, i.e. "I was just toughening you up because you were weak. It was for your own good. Now take this pink-belly for being a pussy."
11/24/10 11:09 AM
Madaptation

The lions den was notorious for this kind of training. Not shocking that Frank dished a little of it out when he went to aka. Phone Post
11/24/10 11:10 AM
KC007

"I was making you a man" is exactly what bullies use as their reason for bullying. Go "Mik" Swick Phone Post
11/24/10 11:28 AM
Alumynabjj

This makes me laugh. So here it goes. LOL.
11/24/10 11:41 AM
T Bag

Coaches need to "bully" their guys on occasionally. This is nowhere near the same as bullying kids in school for being gay or black or whatever...really lame.
11/24/10 11:50 AM
Poindexter
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swick vs. Shamrock for charity?
11/24/10 11:59 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is EXACTLY how Shamrock himself came up and became a champion....he's just simply using what he learned coming up to be a winner...LOL @ comparing that to kids being bullied and beaten up in school....Swick needs to jump off Dana's nuts.
11/24/10 12:00 PM
anunaki
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/10 12:05 PM
frank may be an asshole, but he's old school...ken prolly beat on him too.

alot of things my wresting and karate coaches made us do back in the day did are considered being "too hard" on the kids now. is it only coincidence that kids are pussies these days?

We had bullies in my school/neighborhood to. my old man said: "if a bully ever whups you you are going to fight him everyday until you beat him or earn his respect, then he'll never pick on you or your friends again"

we punched each other and shit! we did not shoot each other or run off and cry to talk about our "feelings", or kill ourselves.

Some coaches are throwbacks (lol I'm only 32) I guess.

Frank has accomplished more in this sport than swick could do in 2 lifetimes.

btw, im no fan of frank and wanted to see him get tko'd by vitor at ultimate brazil. that is the #1 fight that should have happened but never did, imo.
11/24/10 12:00 PM
BigWilliam
329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Shamrock's defense you are generally going to get treated a bit more roughly when training if you make it clear you want to be a pro fighter than if you are just a hobbyist. And really that's the way it should be to prepare someone for fighting.
11/24/10 12:01 PM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T-Ham - <p>LOL @ people arguing on twitter.

So gay.</p>

So-called pro fighters arguing on twitter.

For shits sake, when is this gossip girl shit gonna draw the line?

11/24/10 12:13 PM
othree
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anunaki -
alot of things my wresting coaches back in the day did are considered being "too hard" on the kids now.

I agree with this 100%. It's funny, but the things my coaches had us doing would get them fired these days. It's sad but Clint Eastwood spoke the truth when talking about the pussification of this country, it is definitely happening.

And I don't agree with bullying. I also understand that different methods push different people. But I progressed better when I had a coach who would chew my ass out over the smallest mistakes, and then make me do ridiculous drills for hours when I made huge mistakes. It pushed me to become better, and more importantly, made me reflect on my mistakes even more. But it was voluntary, as I didn't have to wrestle. My mother tried to get me to do shotput/discus instead of wrestling in the spring because of ring-worm, staph, etc that I would end up with at least once every season.

So yeah, Swick needs to keep his mouth shut. He could have went elsewhere to train if he didn't agree with Frank's methods. AKA was still pretty decently sized back then so I want to say he probably could have just trained with others at AKA instead of Frank. Either way, pretty shit move by Mr. Swick.
11/24/10 12:17 PM
jensapw

Shamrock sounds like a douche and always has.
11/24/10 12:24 PM
catbath
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullying is bullying. Whether its in a structured environment or not.

Anyone who's played sports knows the difference between an athlete/coach who pushes you to make sure you're mentally and physically prepared for tough situations -- and one that's getting a selfish thrill out of imposing their dominance.

None of us were there -- and it doesn't seem like too many fighters are coming to either man's defense. But choking guys out smaller athletes after they tap definitely falls into the latter category, imo.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.