UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Muay Thai monster De Randamie coming to MMA

11/26/10 3:19 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Racking up a record of 45-0, with an incomparable amount of knockouts, while also holding a win over current Strikeforce fighter Julia Budd, germaine De Randamie did just about all she could do in the Muay Thai world, and that’s when a light bulb clicked and she got a new idea to further her fighting career.

“I was a little bit burned out in Muay Thai, and I had many girls who said yeah they wanted to fight me and in the end they said ‘no I’m not ready, I need a few more build-up fights before I fight Jermaine.’ When I was younger I did some wrestling and I liked it. I always watch MMA,” De Randemie told MMAWeekly.com.

“I think it’s the ultimate for a woman to stand in the cage and fight another woman. I always wanted to challenge myself and push myself to the limit. I think in MMA I’m doing that because I’ve been doing stand-up fights for so long, and now I’m doing wrestling, jiu-jitsu, boxing, stand-up, it’s so hard, but it’s a challenge. I love it.”

“I made a big mistake in my first fight, and I’m never going to make that mistake again. I’ve got myself a good team now, and I’ve still got a lot to learn.”

“Of course I will be known as a stand-up fighter, but I want to develop myself as a complete MMA fighter. A real martial artist."

Read entire article...

11/26/10 3:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
h2hkiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The ONLY way Cyborg can beat her is on the ground. She would be destroyed if she tried to stand with her.
11/26/10 3:34 PM
MMARising

MMARising.com, Owner
She's already fought twice in MMA. She lost once two years ago and got her first win this past September. That's detailed in the MMAWeekly article, but not until later on.

And yes, like h2hkiller said, anyone opting to stand and trade with her is probably in for a short and painful night, though there are a couple of fighters who might do okay. Julia Budd is one of them, but Germaine did beat her in Muay Thai. I know that some people want to see a rematch in an MMA bout and Germaine has had positive things to say about Julia and her Strikeforce fight.
11/26/10 4:23 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Germaine KOd Julia quite easily. Im not sure why Julia would do okay on the feet in a rematch

11/26/10 7:26 PM
Baki Stout

I need to find me a hot Muay Thai chick!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.