UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Bar Study Courses in California?

11/27/10 7:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KeyBoardWarriorJD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am currently a 3L, I live in California and am looking into Bar prep courses. The majority of the students at my school are enrolled in BarBri. I am tempted to do the same, but it costs about $4,000. I've heard of other programs that are highly rated, but don't have any real leads. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.
11/27/10 8:01 PM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You might try posting this on the legalground too.

Good luck. From what I hear California is the biggest beast of them all.

11/27/10 8:03 PM
KenTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heh, just saw it over there.

On a side note, does your school allow for financial aid to cover BarBri? I know some schools are doing it now.

11/28/10 4:01 PM
KeyBoardWarriorJD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KenTheWalrus - 

Heh, just saw it over there.

On a side note, does your school allow for financial aid to cover BarBri? I know some schools are doing it now.

There are 'Bar Loans,' but they are handled by a private institution and the interest rate begins accruing immediately.
11/28/10 5:20 PM
KenTheWalrus

What I meant is that some schools are looking at including bar courses into the third-year cost of attendance, so it counts towards DoE financing.

The difference is that these cover only the course, where bar prep loans cover living expenses and other costs, not just the prep course.

This is what I've heard from a financial aid rep. I paid for BarBri out-of-pocket so I haven't personally had to take a loan for the courses. Just thought I'd share what little information I had. Cheers.

6/11/11 5:40 AM
Windfall
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2/11/14 7:23 PM
mmaresearchstudy
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mixing drinks?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.