UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Brown not cut by UFC

11/28/10 11:58 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

In the rush to get to the next big story as quickly as possible, sometimes details get overlooked and the truth gets obscured or even outright forgotten. UFC star Matt Brown likely had a fun few hours when he first got hold of an online report stating that he had been released from his UFC contract. That turned out not to be the case

Bleacher Report gives us a nice little synopsis of this particular mini-scandal: earlier this week, on a broadcast of ESPN’s “MMA Live”, it was reported that Matt Brown had been cut from the UFC after losing three straight fights, all of them by submission. According to famed internet journalist Ariel Helwani, however, that is not the case. Helwani recently took to Twitter to announce that Brown will in fact remain employed with the UFC, citing the UFC itself as his source.

Read entire article...

11/28/10 12:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's white.
11/28/10 12:04 PM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the definition of a fighter that brings it everytime and has never fought hesitant or "skurt" his entire career.

He deserves it, IMO.  And he's white.
11/28/10 12:35 PM
michaelkaras
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no hes brown
11/28/10 12:43 PM
EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's easy to jump to the conclusion that someone is going to get from the UFC after three losses... but bad journalism is bad.
11/28/10 1:12 PM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UhUmWellUm - ahhhh consistency!! gotta love it!!! lose 1 out of 4...cut.....lose 3 in a row...all finished....secure!!....lol....funny shit!! :)

That's actually entirely consistent, as "winning or losing" isn't the fulcrum for this situation. 
11/28/10 1:21 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cain valasquez is proud of him
11/28/10 1:27 PM
DiscoNfrno
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/28/10 1:27 PM
UhUmWellUm - 
Uncle Justice - 
UhUmWellUm - ahhhh consistency!! gotta love it!!! lose 1 out of 4...cut.....lose 3 in a row...all finished....secure!!....lol....funny shit!! :)

That's actually entirely consistent, as "winning or losing" isn't the fulcrum for this situation. 

Uh...no...."winning and losing" is EXACTLY the fulcrum....just like in any other "professional" sport!!!....this is what keeps MMA from becoming pro-wrestling!!....
Wrong again.  I'll watch Matt Brown 10 times out of 10 over the likes of Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, etc.

People want a show. 

Was Gina Carano ever the best female fighter?  No, but she was the one everyone wanted to watch.

Danika Patrick the best Race driver?  Nope.

Anna Kournikova ever even close to being the best female tennis player? Nope but she made more in endorsements alone than the top players did on and off the court.

Would you want Blanket Maynard to be the LW champ or would you want Jose Aldo?  It's just as much about the performance as it is the end result.

11/28/10 1:27 PM
Haulport

UhUmWellUm - 
Uncle Justice - 

Uh...no...."winning and losing" is EXACTLY the fulcrum....just like in any other "professional" sport!!!....this is what keeps MMA from becoming pro-wrestling!!....
You apparently have zero clue what martial arts are about and simply get your information out of Dana White's cock.

Matt Brown is a WARRIOR and leaves it all in the cage. THAT is what MMA is about. Just because he lost his last three against some of the best at 170 doesn't mean he doesn't belong in the UFC.

I love how you use other sports as your example yet in Tennis, football, hockey, basketball, etc. etc. people and teams lose ALL THE TIME but no one says that Roger Federer shouldn't be invited to the US Open because he lost a bunch of matches recently. As a matter of fact Federer has LOST 174 tennis matches. Wow! What a loser, huh?????
11/28/10 1:34 PM
K-Dub-"T"

I think Gerald Harris fucked BLUFF's favorite ring girl.

11/28/10 1:44 PM
Nacirema

I love it. Back when PRIDE was around and they kept exciting fighters regardless of record, UFC fanboys were critical. But the UFC does it so it's now OK.
11/28/10 1:46 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1050 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IMMORTAL/
11/28/10 1:49 PM
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent news. I will always pay to watch a Matt Brown fight, because they are always exciting. Brown, Lytle, Serra, Lesnar and Guida will always get my PPV dollars. "Winning" fighters like Edgar and Maynard? No thank you.
11/28/10 1:49 PM
pass the dutch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good news for Matt, he needs to win his next fight tho for sure.
11/28/10 2:06 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got to remember that being in the UFC isn't a title or a belt, it's just an opportunity. Lots of guys in the UFC are coming off losses and aren't in the running for the belt. That doesn't mean that they don't deserve to fight in the UFC. Matt Brown is an aggressive, competitive fighter. I don't think he deserves to be on the main card of a payperview right now, but he is a good test for new talent, and is always in entertaining fights. Not sure why everyone is calling for his head. Every time two guys get in the cage one of them is going to lose. Doesn't mean they're dog meat.
11/28/10 2:14 PM
TheBear228
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DiscoNfrno - 
UhUmWellUm - 
Uncle Justice - 

Wrong again.  I'll watch Matt Brown 10 times out of 10 over the likes of Jon Fitch, Josh Koscheck, etc.

People want a show. 

Was Gina Carano ever the best female fighter?  No, but she was the one everyone wanted to watch.

Anna Kournikova ever even close to being the best female tennis player? Nope but she made more in endorsements alone than the top players did on and off the court.

Would you want Blanket Maynard to be the LW champ or would you want Jose Aldo?  It's just as much about the performance as it is the end result.

Dude, people wanted to watch Gina, Danika, and Anna because they fantasized about their vaginas. They have little skill in their professions and are not entertaining in that sense. They are entertaining because of sex appeal. Using them as an example to compare Matt Brown and Gray Maynard is a fucking joke, IMO

11/28/10 2:45 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for a fight that ALWAYS comes to scrap!!!!

Gotta love that, that's what we pay for!!!
11/28/10 2:59 PM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/28/10 3:00 PM
Matt Brown is an exciting fighter no doubt. Should he be cut? Who are we to say. He may not be a top contender but he is a tough challenge for anyone who faces him

I will say that theres no way in hell that Harris should have been cut though. His wins were exciting finishes. If Brown stays then Gerald should have too
11/28/10 3:04 PM
DiscoNfrno
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheBear228 - 
DiscoNfrno - 
UhUmWellUm - 
Uncle Justice - 

People want a show. 

Dude, people wanted to watch Gina, Danika, and Anna because they fantasized about their vaginas. They have little skill in their professions and are not entertaining in that sense. They are entertaining because of sex appeal. Using them as an example to compare Matt Brown and Gray Maynard is a fucking joke, IMO

Was merely showing that the poster I quoted was wrong in saying it "was all about winning"    It's never been all about winning in other sports either as was suggested.  Way to miss the point.
11/28/10 3:14 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BROTHER WISDOM - Matt Brown is an exciting fighter no doubt. Should he be cut? Who are we to say. He may not be a top contender but he is a tough challenge for anyone who faces him

I will say that theres no way in hell that Harris should have been cut though. His wins were exciting finishes. If Brown stays then Gerald should have too
I've never seen Matt Brown do completely nothing, then stall out a 3rd round when he KNEW he lost the entire fight so far.  I did see Gereld Harris do that, and that's why he was cut.  It's the fashion he lost in, and it's not like we're talking about Rampage, or Evans, or Tito, this is Gerald Harris...most, probably all casual fans don't even know who he is.  He should have been sent to the undercards for one more chance, but people do not pay to see THAT.  Brown's fights are always free on Spike TV because they know it will always be exciting, and competitive.

11/28/10 3:16 PM
NHB USA

Justinmacd - Jon Anik gets another scoop completely wrong.

I hate that douchebag.  That's where I heard "Matt Brown was cut" as well.

Like Joe Rogan says about that show... "If your names not Kenny Florian... PLEASE STFU!"

hahahaha !
11/28/10 3:46 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should be cut IMO.

With an overall record of 11-10, and 3 straight losses in a row it seems to me that he's not of the caliber of fighter who should be fighting in the UFC.

I'm sure that there are plenty of young up and comers who could do more with his spot in the UFC.

I'm sure he'd do great in a smaller show.
11/28/10 4:14 PM
epwar
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/28/10 4:14 PM
Isn't James McSweeney still on the roster with a 4-6 record. He's no Gerald Harris. 'nuff said.
11/28/10 5:12 PM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NHB USA - 
BROTHER WISDOM - Matt Brown is an exciting fighter no doubt. Should he be cut? Who are we to say. He may not be a top contender but he is a tough challenge for anyone who faces him

<b>I will say that theres no way in hell that Harris should have been cut though. His wins were exciting finishes. If Brown stays then Gerald should have too</b>
I've never seen Matt Brown do completely nothing, then stall out a 3rd round when he KNEW he lost the entire fight so far.  I did see Gereld Harris do that, and that's why he was cut.  It's the fashion he lost in, and it's not like we're talking about Rampage, or Evans, or Tito, this is Gerald Harris...most, probably all casual fans don't even know who he is.  He should have been sent to the undercards for one more chance, but people do not pay to see THAT.  Brown's fights are always free on Spike TV because they know it will always be exciting, and competitive.

So 1 bad round in 4 fights is reason to get cut? There is absolutely no way to justify that. Douchebag move by the UFC imo
11/28/10 5:23 PM
NHB USA

^^^ I did say I thought Gerald should've gotten an undercard slot before getting cut.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.