UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Your favorite throw?

12/7/10 10:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/10 10:52 AM
 I wish i had the long legs to be an uchi mata guy. My uchi mata is much closer to an uki goshi I enter with the legs, but to finish I almost always have to pull them into the half hip.  (see 15 seconds in for my trusty uki goshi)
12/8/10 7:07 AM
judoblackbelt
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice throw. Uki goshi seemed to work well in this situaion where you can get in close. And just like I thought. Another lefty poses different attack's and you do attack the front leg first for a setup. Same here. I just what our readers to understand that the stance of the opponent right/left is a big determining factor in where we grip the sleeve and what attacks to use. thanks,
12/8/10 10:06 AM
Bull_in_chinashop
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

judoblackbelt - understand that the stance of the opponent right/left is a big determining factor in where we grip the sleeve and what attacks to use. thanks,
thanks!

Yeah stance certainly plays a role because of the angle. (two righties are parallel, a right vs lefty are perpendicular) and attacks and setups will reflect this. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.