UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Freddie Roach predicts Left hook KO of Koscheck

12/1/10 10:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stop_it_right_meow
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I find it funny that Georges was nervous to work with Manny. I would be intimadated too if after watching you work out for 18 rounds on the mitts. We will see if you are right senior Freddie Roach. I was thinking more Pierre by keeping Kos down all 5 rounds.
12/1/10 11:04 AM
Terraform
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Freddie Roach = Boxing God

Freddie Roach = Knows fuckall about MMA
12/1/10 11:19 AM
stop_it_right_meow
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Terraform - Freddie Roach = Boxing God

Roach isnt teaching him mma though, he is working on georges boxing technique.

12/1/10 11:20 AM
gaycuckold
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Georges does knock him out with a left hook, Greg Jackson will try to take credit for it.
12/1/10 11:27 AM
A Dingo Ate My Creepy

new KO face KOS for post fight photoshops, I'd be eternally grateful to GSP
12/1/10 11:30 AM
jjj2121

stop_it_right_meow - 
Terraform - Freddie Roach = Boxing God

Roach isnt teaching him mma though, he is working on georges boxing technique.

Freddie Roach also predicted Andrei Arlovski was going to KO Fedor.
12/1/10 11:34 AM
Tony Manifold

gaycuckold - If Georges does knock him out with a left hook, Greg Jackson will try to take credit for it.

I doubt it. Greg is the first guy to tell you that all the guys in the extended camp are better than he is. He just plays a role. When it comes to Georges, he helps put everything together. He is the generalist. In a very real sense Greg is a coach not a trainer.
12/1/10 11:49 AM
jct71

So Johnson admitted on TUF that a slip Roach taught him helped in his fight yet he doesn't know mma? Every mma fighter has striking coaches etc, I dont get how Roach is targeted as clueless all the time. Coaches always predict a KO for their guy anyway, just to infuse confidence. Doesn't make him a newb in mma though.
12/1/10 11:55 AM
Pugilist82
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jjj2121 - Freddie Roach also predicted Andrei Arlovski was going to KO Fedor.

Arlovski's boxing looked good against Fedor, his down fall was the flying knee attempt. You can't really fault Freddie for that.

For the record, I think Fedor would have eventually beat AA regardless.
12/1/10 12:10 PM
Pernicious
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jct71 - So Johnson admitted on TUF that a slip Roach taught him helped in his fight yet he doesn't know mma? Every mma fighter has striking coaches etc, I dont get how Roach is targeted as clueless all the time. Coaches always predict a KO for their guy anyway, just to infuse confidence. Doesn't make him a newb in mma though.

Big name, high expectations, at least one notable fail (AA)
12/1/10 12:17 PM
Firecrap
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure why he needs Roach when he has phil training him in a art that uses knees, fists ellbows and kicks.   Much more relevent to mma.   I don't want to see george getting loose.  I think that him being stiff is what makes him so explosive.
12/1/10 12:21 PM
jct71

I agree on all the AA stuff, he was doing well before the stupid knee, cant put that on the boxing trainer in that instance. I'm just going off how Team GSP seemed to be really psyched when Roach walked in. I don't think many fighters would balk at having him teach them, whether it was mma or boxing. He was def correct when he said Margarito's corner didn't do him any favors by not stopping the fight.
12/1/10 12:33 PM
Poindexter
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great video. I'm a fan of Roach.
12/1/10 12:35 PM
Attdude
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's very optimistic about GSP's standup considering he hasn't knocked anyone out in a few years but I really do hope Freddie is right and George shuts Fraggles ass up!!
12/1/10 12:41 PM
goggs2009

Great video it would be good to see Roach in his corner. I picked Koscheck to win but this could be a confidence boost for GSP with his stand up. He might stand as he looks bad not standing against Hardy after Condit getting 1st rd KO of him. And GSP's main event get booood a lot. Im starting to think he will destroy him like he did to Fitch and mix it up.
12/1/10 12:42 PM
goggs2009

gaycuckold - If Georges does knock him out with a left hook, Greg Jackson will try to take credit for it.

your name makes me laugh everytime is that a screen name bet?
12/1/10 12:46 PM
Ingo Weigold
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos is faster with his hands but less technical. I could see a hook stopping him. Phone Post
12/1/10 12:52 PM
Amashinga
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strong, hard hitting, heavy handed but slow. That description can be applied to 90% of mma strikers yet fans dont realize it because the opponents are equally as well trained.

Roach is not going to try and train GSP in mma, he is concentrating on boxing. Most mma fighters could benefit from this training. They avoid damage with exaggerated movement, instead of slipping punches. They often take themselves outside of a counter range instead of using angles correctly. They often hit hard, but dont have great handspeed because they just dont start out at a relexed enough state.

GSP is already very good. If he can learn and apply what roach teaches, and incorporate it into his current strengths, he will be absolutely amazing.
12/1/10 12:55 PM
ShadoKhan
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh man, it would be great if he KO'd him, but not sure if he will...

GSP always goes and learns new skills,
can't wait for Dec 11!
12/1/10 1:06 PM
MrBoone
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilist82 - 
jjj2121 - Freddie Roach also predicted Andrei Arlovski was going to KO Fedor.

Arlovski's boxing looked good against Fedor, his down fall was the flying knee attempt. You can't really fault Freddie for that.

For the record, I think Fedor would have eventually beat AA regardless.

Yep. Also how can you say anything less with I guy you're training. Not good business.
12/1/10 3:48 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/1/10 3:51 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12/1/10 3:54 PM
A Dingo Ate My Creepy

cool vid jeff thanks
12/1/10 3:58 PM
LiftStrong
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goggs2009 - Great video it would be good to see Roach in his corner. I picked Koscheck to win but this could be a confidence boost for GSP with his stand up. He might stand as he looks bad not standing against Hardy after Condit getting 1st rd KO of him. And GSP's main event get booood a lot. Im starting to think he will destroy him like he did to Fitch and mix it up.
There is no way GSP will get boo'd in Montreal.  As long as he is winning, the crowd wont care. 

12/1/10 4:04 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good interview!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.