UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Price of Silver.

1/7/12 10:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EasyTapper
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sooooo bitter.

Last night a guy on Craigslist had 10 1oz silver Maple leafs for $290. Of course my intention was to wait a day and offer $275. Didn't help that he's an hour away. Also being new at this, I'm a little nervous of being scammed or robbed. Anyway, they're gone now. :( Phone Post
1/8/12 1:09 PM
MoreThanUFC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easy, and everyone else, listen up.

Right now on the nucleo exchange, the bid is over spot on EVERY SINGLE SILVER PRODUCT under 100 ozs. This doesnt happen often. Usually when it does, the price is set to rise.
Spot 28.752
1 oz bar - Bid 29.80 Ask 31.20
10 oz bars - B 293 A 311.50
Those "coins" and rounds I hate so much are also way over spot by 2-3 per oz.

Only 3 100oz bars are even for sale right now.

This is where the Nucleo Exchange can be used to make a little cash off of physical silver. You can buy it and sell it, in physical, without ever touching it.
1/9/12 10:18 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, I only go for physical silver. Screw trusting someone to hold it for me!

Silver is at 29.03 now. T-1 year it will be 40+. T-20 years we will be in the 100+... But, 40 may come sooner than later friends. I hope to get a lot before it hits 40 and hope I'm wrong about it hitting 40 this year. Heck, I hope it goes down to 26 so I can get more silver ounces for my money!
1/10/12 5:24 PM
EasyTapper
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Going up, up, up. Phone Post
1/11/12 1:31 PM
EasyTapper

Kennedy halves on eBay going at around $13 per today (26 x face). Phone Post
1/11/12 6:02 PM
MoreThanUFC

EasyTapper - Kennedy halves on eBay going at around $13 per today (26 x face).

$10.81 melt value as of today.
1/12/12 8:32 AM
EasyTapper

MoreThanUFC -
EasyTapper - Kennedy halves on eBay going at around $13 per today (26 x face).

$10.81 melt value as of today.
I haven't really been able to find any cheap ones. On Saturday, a LCS was asking something along the lines of 11.76 before tax. Gainesville coin is 11.68 shipping right now. Phone Post
1/12/12 9:11 AM
MoreThanUFC

I cant buy from Gainesville, being a Fl res they have to charge me sales tax.

If you guys really want to buy junk silver, just put up an ad on craigslist and say you will pay spot price according to Coinflation's prices on the day of sale. This way you avoid the up charge by LCS's.
1/12/12 9:38 AM
SirPrize
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good idea, MoreThanUFC. I'm tired of the Local coin shop markups. This is probably a good way to sell, too, rather than going through a shop. Phone Post
1/12/12 11:20 AM
EasyTapper

SirPrize - Good idea, MoreThanUFC. I'm tired of the Local coin shop markups. This is probably a good way to sell, too, rather than going through a shop. Phone Post
Selling to coin shop is the worst thing you can do (imo). Phone Post
1/12/12 11:21 AM
EasyTapper

Damn. Up to 30.45 so far. Phone Post
1/12/12 1:50 PM
MoreThanUFC

SirPrize - Good idea, MoreThanUFC. I'm tired of the Local coin shop markups. This is probably a good way to sell, too, rather than going through a shop.

It is a great way to sell. With eBay, you are going to lose 3% of your profit, at least, just on placement fees and Paypal.
1/15/12 5:14 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
1/17/12 4:56 AM
EasyTapper

MoreThanUFC -
SirPrize - Good idea, MoreThanUFC. I'm tired of the Local coin shop markups. This is probably a good way to sell, too, rather than going through a shop.

It is a great way to sell. With eBay, you are going to lose 3% of your profit, at least, just on placement fees and Paypal.
True, but with eBay, you're going to get top dollar for your coins generally. Even with silver a lil down over the weekend, ebays still getting 24x face value consistently. And it doesn't matter if it's small lots or large ones. Phone Post
1/17/12 4:59 AM
EasyTapper

24x face value including shipping. Phone Post
1/21/12 8:47 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz

Good posts AG_Bull!

MorethanUFC...

I have always had the silver bug, but now even more than ever. Can we agree that we will see $5000 gold in our lifetime? What would silver be at that point? When gold goes up .5%, silver goes up 4% (for example). Silver was at a 15-1 ratio in 1840. Silver may get to that again, as it's more affordable than gold.

Silver's at $32.20. Looks like we may have to pony up more money boys! Still, it's a bargain at this price. Considering it was 49+ less than a year ago, it still has 33%+ to increase in the near term (within a few years).

When we get into a worse recession than 2007 (dare I say, err Depression?), I can see silver hitting 100 sooner than expected.

1984...Apple Stock was at $25.00

2012...Apple Stock is at $420.00

Think it can't happen to Silver???
1/22/12 1:35 PM
MoreThanUFC

Heineken Man - Here are the miners bob chapmn recommends:

: Well, I recommend four stocks, Agnico-Eagle Mines Ltd. (NYSE:AEM; TSX:AEM), Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG; TSX:G), Silver Standard Resources Inc. (TSX:SSO; NASDAQ:SSRI) and Minefinders Corporation (TSX:MFL; NYSE:MFN). That's it. If people want to speculate, that's fine.

from here: http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/7366

I know nothing about the miners. What do you guys think?

I thought it was in this thread.... guess not.
I listen the miners I have stakes in on another thread somewhere.

US Silver - ussif
MegaPrecious Metals - MGP.V
Mines Management - MGN
South American Mines - SAC.TO
Silvermex - GGCRF.PK
Nautilus Minerals - NUSMF.PK

I will add the stocks you mentioned to my watch list.
1/22/12 1:55 PM
MoreThanUFC

My take on the recent surge in silver - it is very temporary. Sprott worked his magic and devalued PSLV again, bringing his NAV back on track. He then used those funds to buy up cheap, long contracts, with an expectation that he will take delivery. At least, that is what I'm reading.
I still think some form of QE3 will occur in March. Plosser and the other hawks are out as voting members of the FOMC, all being replaced with stimulus doves, Lackert, Lochhart, and I forget the last one. I'm thinking $600B in MBS acquisitions and $400B in direct stimulus.

The Fed/FOMC meets Tues and Wed this week. I expect that meeting will lay the groundwork for the usually signifigant Mar 13 meeting. What happens to commodities next week will depend on what rumblings come out of the FOMC meetings.

Another big event regarding PMs is the near weekly news of more and more countries abandoning the dollar for commodities exchanges, most recently between Japan and India. All those excess dollars will have to go somewhere... I'm guessing the chickens come home to roost, and we see native/non-stimulus inflation for the first time in most of our lives ( except those of us old enough to remember Carter's gas lines! ).
1/24/12 10:47 PM
hagarules
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ur thoughts? cause i'm still waiting.....

$1500 SILVER - Mike Maloney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0iAYtYKnA&feature=related
1/26/12 6:06 AM
MoreThanUFC

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-25/fed-says-benchmark-interest-rate-will-remain-low-until-at-least-late-2014.html

Like I said, this weeks FMOC meetings would be eventful. The Bernake has announced that the Fed my ease again.

I type this at 6 am EST. Silver up at least a buck today.
1/26/12 6:07 AM
MoreThanUFC

hagarules - ur thoughts? cause i'm still waiting.....

$1500 SILVER - Mike Maloney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0iAYtYKnA&feature=related

We could have this discussion all day, but silver is hypothecated around 9 times or so, so if silver is $50 an oz, it's actual price should be $450 per. I've seen intellectual excersices that put silver at $900 and gold at $15000..... it's all fun and games until the market says so.
1/26/12 7:02 AM
EasyTapper

MoreThanUFC - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-25/fed-says-benchmark-interest-rate-will-remain-low-until-at-least-late-2014.html

Like I said, this weeks FMOC meetings would be eventful. The Bernake has announced that the Fed my ease again.

I type this at 6 am EST. Silver up at least a buck today.
Kennedy halves on eBay going for over 26x face. Will probably be over 14$ ea. today. Phone Post
1/26/12 11:35 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz

I can see silver at 450 in our lifetime, but no way will it ever hit 1000 until we're all six feet deep
1/27/12 6:19 AM
MoreThanUFC

SgtJustinTeplitz - I can see silver at 450 in our lifetime, but no way will it ever hit 1000 until we're all six feet deep

Are you just trolling? Really, we dont troll on the SG. You are interrupting a pretty good thread.
1/27/12 8:14 AM
SirPrize
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why did news of continued low interest rates cause PMs to rise? Is it because that signals more QE in the future? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.