Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MoreThanUFC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Closed at over $30 today.
12/29/10 1:08 PM
MoreThanUFC

Bloomberg today reported a consortium of analysts expect the silver surge to continue throughout 2011 ending the year above $40.  They also expect any commodities that China has a problem domestically producing, copper, soybeans, cotton, and platinum as solid gainers for the year.
1/22/11 4:03 PM
Dan W
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a downtrend now, i half agree with heineken man. I think we have support around 26.50 so i'm hoping we don't go below that point.

with that said, i can easily see this moving down to 24, but i do see us climbing back into the 30's and beyond!
1/24/11 11:14 AM
MoreThanUFC

This is profit taking.  A lot of money is moving into stock shorts right now.  Quicker gains in shorting overinflated dow 30 stocks and such than holding silver.  For me, my silver isnt for short term, its to secure a portion of my value against the coming hyperinflation.  I hit 500 ounces finally and am feeling a lot more secure. 

Now if my little civil dilema that I poste about on the main OG would vanish, I'd feel even better...!
2/1/11 6:10 PM
MoreThanUFC

Heineken Man - Wow apmex is out of all types of silver. Everything from 1/2 rounds to 100 ounce bars are out of stock. A year from now 28 dollar silver will seem like a dream. Just wait until the public at large thinks about picking up silver.

When silver hit 26.50, it was flying off of websites faster than bats from a cave.  Most of the reputable places are out of stock except the Nucleo.
2/1/11 6:10 PM
MoreThanUFC

I hope everyone took advantage of that.
2/3/11 4:54 PM
Atomic Douchebag
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect the Turd

http://www.tfmetalsreport.blogspot.com/
2/3/11 11:30 PM
kanotoa
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was going to by a bunch if it hit 24, never did. I have enough I guess but I was just looking to get some to flip for a fast profit.
2/4/11 2:37 PM
Atomic Douchebag
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heineken Man - Thanks Douchbag!

The OG. Bringing people together, one post at a time.
2/6/11 2:12 PM
MoreThanUFC

For my SG brethren:

My best friend is a the VP at a really big private insurance company here in Cen Fl.  They got info to prepare of Armageddon come March, as the FED is tell Fannie and Freddie to dump inventory holdings of foreclosed home for whatever they can get for them, and the Fed will cover some of the loss.  He is telling my unemployed ass to go get my 220 insurance license, or a home inspectors license or anything to take advantage of this.  I might just do that.

But it seems like the bottom is really gonna fall out from the real estate market finally and let the market make the correction instead of falsely propping it up.

I think silver and gold may take a huge hit as people cash out to buy up basement priced housing.  Might be a good time to sell, then buy back if it hits $18/$900 again. Just a thought.
2/6/11 4:22 PM
MoreThanUFC

He is saying it will start in March.
2/6/11 4:45 PM
Atomic Douchebag

MoreThanUFC -  He is saying it will start in March.

Go on Turds blog and post what you posted above. I would be interested in seeing his response. Make sure "OG" is in your screen name! I'm "Gog and Magog" over there...
2/8/11 1:02 PM
Atomic Douchebag

FUBM
2/8/11 7:51 PM
Atomic Douchebag

http://twitpic.com/3xthsi
2/8/11 10:27 PM
qcddog03

since ive read this thread about a week ago and doing a little research ive bought 17 oz of silver. My goal is to have at least 100 oz by July. What is everyone's thoughts on copper pennies and the future of silver?
2/9/11 12:36 PM
kanotoa
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Copper pennies are a good buy (pre 1983), face value is 1 cent but the metal value is 3. If you could somehow buy a bunch of old pennies at face like my friend did from an old toll booth you have a pretty affordable source of bullion. You need space to store that shit though.

Nickles are an easier solution. Any nickle in circulation is worth 7.5 cents, give or take. Less profit but easy to get. I am thinking of getting a few hundred dollars soon and stashing it somewhere, like under the house. You almost can't lose because it is legal tender and can't go below 5 cents. Each nickle has 75% copper and 25% nickle, good and cheap exposure to these metals.

Check out www.coinflation.com for the current melt value. Soon these coins will be taken out of circulation like the silver coins.
2/9/11 1:32 PM
qcddog03

Thanks, this forum has really opened my eyes. The fall of the dollar is inevitable. With nickles wouldn't it take some time for them to rise above the 7.5 cent because they are so available? I understand the price of nickle and copper is going to rise but it just seems to easy for someone to pick up a roll of nickles. What do you think about melting pennies and nickles to make bars? just keep them in coin form since the coin is backed buy us gov?
2/9/11 1:58 PM
kanotoa

Why does it matter if the coins are plentiful? If the price or copper and nickle go through the roof they will become scarce really fast.

It is illegal to melt them, and why would you? You have a perfectly recognizable coin that is US tender. There is no question as to the purity of the coin, it is broken down into small units for small purchases or bartering. Only draw back is it takes up space.
2/9/11 2:24 PM
qcddog03

thanks that is what I figured but im new to this so wasn't sure if it would be better to melt and have more space. How far off do you think we are to getting rid of the penny?
2/9/11 3:03 PM
kanotoa

I dunno about the new penny, the old one will be taken out of circulation soon by the Government or the people when the price of copper goes up and the dollar is devalued to the point where the 1982 penny melt value is worth many times the face value, it is already 3-1 the last time I checked.

Too much of a PITA to sort them though my eyes hurt after sorting 50. If I could get some kids to do it for me it might be worth it. Nickles are better because they are instantly recognizable. I am going to start collecting them today.
2/9/11 4:37 PM
qcddog03

well I guess im going to start filling up the 5 gal water tanks with nickles and old pennies. silver is at $30.22/oz you think we'll see 50 by the end of the year?
2/10/11 3:58 PM
kanotoa

That's not a bad deal^ I would get it if I didn't have to pay for shipping.

I heard a lot of talk of silver to $50 this year, I don't know, I'm in for long anyway. I was hoping to buy a bunch at $25 and hoping to flip it when silver hit $50. I was going to use the profit to buy a car.
2/10/11 5:55 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There may still be some opportunities to buy silver early this year. Although the trend is definitely upwards, there is resistance above 31 and support below 26.
2/10/11 9:00 PM
kanotoa

When the spot price for silver is more than the futures price?
2/11/11 2:38 PM
Dan W
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just think of backwardation as people paying more to get silver now.

most likely to take physical delivery.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.