UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Price of Silver.

8/13/11 8:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MoreThanUFC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kanotoa - NIA got caught pumping and dumping penny stocks if I'm not mistaken. I like your advice on stocks however.

That was Schiff blabbering on.  NIA always discloses their positions if they have one.  Besides, pumping a stock based on fact is not a crime at all, it occurs constantly.  MGP, their latest pick, has doubled my money for me.  I just wish I had tossed more than $1000 at it.
8/22/11 3:59 PM
kanotoa
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Selling some 100 oz bars tomorrow. Looking to buy Eagles with the money when the price dips again.

I'm worried that 100 oz bars will be impossible to sell when the price rises. I heard of more fake bars too.
8/22/11 5:03 PM
kanotoa
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the price can drop $4 I'll be happy, then go to the moon or pluto.
8/23/11 11:17 AM
AG_bull
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

personally I feel it will take another shot at $50 before the end of Sept.

Im still projecting $82 by end of the year (Assuming the comex lets it slowly rise and doesnt bat it down too much).

My guess is the COMEX will raise margins again to keep it below that $50 magic number, else they might lose control or at least slow the acceleration to a more gradual increase.
8/26/11 2:55 PM
kanotoa

Trying to talk my fiancee into buying some metal ETFs with her Etrade. Told her I would cover her loses but she would have to give me 25% of her profits, free money for her, and me i think.
9/5/11 5:35 AM
Manny Yarbrough GOAT

Edited: 09/05/11 5:38 AM
F
9/5/11 7:34 PM
MoreThanUFC

Heineken Man - 43 right now

33 in late July was the time to buy

My dad put his limit at 32 and it never hit.  He is kicking himself.

I just sold a large position in physical and am going to pick up another house in the 20-30k range.  My realtor has about 20 houses for me to look at.
9/7/11 8:11 AM
AG_bull
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoreThanUFC - 

I just sold a large position in physical and am going to pick up another house in the 20-30k range.  My realtor has about 20 houses for me to look at.

where are you buying a house for 20-30K? Detroit?

My plan is to swap out gold/silver for investment property once realestate drops and PM are higher, what exactly are you looking for in a house? Personal or for business cash flow?
9/10/11 8:15 PM
MoreThanUFC

AG_bull - 
MoreThanUFC - 

where are you buying a house for 20-30K? Detroit?

My plan is to swap out gold/silver for investment property once realestate drops and PM are higher, what exactly are you looking for in a house? Personal or for business cash flow?

Central Florida, man.  Debary and Deltona are on the list of the ten most bankrupcy repossed houses in the nation.  For me, these are investments.  I owe my home free and clear and I'm only 40.  I pay $200 a month total for TI.  But honestly, there are lots of place in good areas and growing states with situations like this.

A good trick an investor friend taught me was to go into the community banks, not the big guys, and ask who handles REOs.  Tell them you have X amount in cash ( have $30k cash right now, and another $30k on the way ) and what would they sell you for that.  He said sometimes they laugh, and sometimes they return with 5 houses and say pick one. 

He is building an empire in southern GA, northern Fl right now doing this.  His best deal was 5 acres, platted for up to 20 lots, with a central well, power poles and lines already run out, and the access road paved for $10k.  He just bought a house for $22k and threw $10k or so at it in upgrades.  He rents it for $700 a month when he COULD get $850, but it makes for better tenants when you help them out.  He pays back his investment in, what, 38 months minus TI and maintenance? And look at his ROI:

$8400 in rent minus $1400 in taxes and $800 in insurance = $6200 a year.  So, what's that, 19% or so.

Easy to make some money in this market if you have the money to start.
9/10/11 8:17 PM
MoreThanUFC

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29655038/States_With_the_Highest_Foreclosure_Rates?slide=11
9/20/11 12:17 AM
RoidsGracie

Silver is below 40 bucks, time to buy some more?
9/21/11 3:05 PM
MoreThanUFC

RoidsGracie -  Silver is below 40 bucks, time to buy some more?

Wait until Bernacke's non-announcement today gets priced it.  Commodities were floating a bit on expected announcements.  The only variable I see in the PM markets is the BoE announcing more QE.  The UK is a big player in the gold and silver markets.  I'm trading silver to real estate right now while silver is at price I'm comfortable getting out at.  Not to say I wont buy back in if it hits $34.
9/21/11 4:27 PM
RoidsGracie

Do you guys think silver will get over $50? If it does, I might be cashing out.
9/21/11 6:07 PM
MoreThanUFC

RoidsGracie - Do you guys think silver will get over $50? If it does, I might be cashing out.

It will be a cold day in hell for CME lets that happen. 

If you mean cashing out into cash, I dont agree.  You need to trade one hedge for another.  If you want any advice about buying real estate, I can help.  Someone from this thread has contacted me, and a number of OGers on FB have inquired.
9/21/11 9:14 PM
RoidsGracie

I'm still fairly young so I'm not in a position to make a down payment on a house yet despite houses being cheap as dirt right now...unless you know something that I don't. In that case please let me know that something :)
9/22/11 12:12 AM
kanotoa

i'm hoping to by the ag lot right next door to me. i'll have a pretty good compound!
9/22/11 10:40 AM
MoreThanUFC

Look at silver drop!!!!!  Woohoo!

Listen, the market today is unravelling all of the expectations about what The Bernack might have done.  And silver is taking a beating.  But you know what?  There wasnt that much momentum in silver proir to yesterday.  And if this pendulum swings too far down like I think it will, today is a GREAT buying oppurtunity for silver.  Maybe Ag deserved to drop a half or a full dollar, but not $2.60. 
9/22/11 2:05 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

these bankster shorts are just compressing a spring. James Turk has been pretty spot on in his predictions , and he's targeting 2000 gold by end of october.
9/23/11 10:53 AM
MoreThanUFC

jaywill -  these bankster shorts are just compressing a spring. James Turk has been pretty spot on in his predictions , and he's targeting 2000 gold by end of october.

Agreed.  Sept 30 is a big day for JPM.  Not sure on the number, but an outrageous amount of their Bear Stearns-acquired naked silver shorts will come due.  They have actually been vaulting silver for delivery to real companies that need the silver, but any speculator/investing asking for delivery will get the same offer as last time, take your $40 ounce payoff or we'll get Treasury to sick the SEC and IRS on you.

Once Sept 30 is crossed, I expect a HUGE bounce.
9/23/11 12:21 PM
jaywill
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

32 $ sickneing, pro shares etf would give a 50% return instant if it bounced back to 40.   crap my bank is not that speedy responsive to orders, oh well. 
9/23/11 1:43 PM
MoreThanUFC

So glad I got rid of 3/4 of my position. But tomorrow I'll be renting a U Haul and driving around to every pawn shop in florida.

If you hadnt gotten in, DO IT NOW!

Once in a lifetime, guys.
9/23/11 3:37 PM
jaywill

30 $ , Im dyin here , by the time i transfer more $ over itl be monday probably now , then the trade takes another 24 hrs or so.  heres a retirement moment folks if you ever had one.
9/23/11 5:52 PM
RoidsGracie

Out of curiosity, how much do all of you pay over sport per ounce? Do you guys pay more if it's an Silver Eagle or Englehard bars?
9/23/11 7:29 PM
MoreThanUFC

RoidsGracie -  Out of curiosity, how much do all of you pay over sport per ounce? Do you guys pay more if it's an Silver Eagle or Englehard bars?

I dont buy any coins.  I dont believe in numismatic value in proof coins.

As far as over spot, I buy from the nucleo exchange on Bulliondirect.com, usually, so spot can be all over the place.  Because no one today was giving any good deals online, I went to a physical dealer near me and I paid 3390 for 100 oz bar and 650 for 50c piece junk.  At the time, silver was 31.75 an ounce or so.  Come Monday, the money meant for my third investment property is instead going 50/50 into silver and gold bars.  I never thought a day like today would come!  By Oct. 3, I'm thinking all this will be corrected and silver could be back to $40 or so and gold at $1775.

There are times, if you follow the nucleo closely, that you can buy under spot or at spot....

http://www.bulliondirect.com/index.jsp
9/23/11 7:31 PM
kanotoa

JP RAPE!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.