UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attention: Big Daddy

12/4/10 8:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
torquemada
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone is listening...credit to 411mania.com

Rep For DREAM Talks About Gary Goodridge's Pay Situation
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 12.04.2010

He doesn't know why he hasn't been paid either...

Mike Kogan, the U.S. representative for the Fighting and Entertainment Group, the parent company of DREAM, has no idea why Gary Goodridge hasn't been paid.

"I didn't sign his contract, but I'm sure it doesn't say it takes a year to get paid," Kogan said. "Obviously, there's something fishy going on. I feel bad for the guy."

Kogan is going to Japan next week for the K-1 Grand Prix 2010 Final 8 on December 11th.

"I'm going to find out what the hell's going on," he said. "I can't speculate as to why he hasn't been paid. Other fighters have complained, so obviously he's not the only one. But they've all been paid since, and he hasn't."

Goodridge fought on New Year's Eve at "Dynamite!! 2009", where he lost in a first-round TKO to Gegard Mousasi. Goodridge tried to rally fans this week to urge DREAM to cut him a check.

"I stayed quiet because I thought they were going to pay me, but I still haven't seen a penny," he said on The Underground MMA forum. "I have bills I have to pay. I worked for the Japanese people for over a decade, and I never thought they would treat me like this. I was in rough shape before I took the fight against Mousasi, but they needed a fighter with only a week to go before the show, so I stepped up for the fans. Now they won't answer my calls, and nobody will talk to me. I have had my lawyer and my manager call them, but they have not been able to get an answer."

Kogan said he has spoken to Goodridge, but was unable to give him answers.

"I think they should get paid," Kogan said. "If they're not paid, it's wrong, whether it's my employer or not that's doing it. Fortunately – and I'm not using this as an excuse – late or not, they've always paid people. There's yet to be a fighter that's been flat-out stiffed. But still, it's terrible."

Kogan says the problem is how much cash and FEG have on hand.

"It's no secret that FEG is in financial difficulties," he said. "So I think it becomes prioritizing which fighters get paid first and which don't based on their need or how they're been used. There are event tournaments throughout the year. You've got to pay the guy that's going to show up again in two months, or he's not going to show up. I think the process needs to improve. A lot of things need to improve. But at the same time, nobody's blinded by the truth. It's not like anybody is under the illusion that this is normal procedure. It's not. My bosses know it, too."

The company recently entered into a partnership with PUJI Capital.

"There were days when FEG used to pay ahead of time," Kogan said. "So obviously it's not a general practice or policy. It's just kind of necessary evil. At the same time, I'm not condoning it."

Credit: MMAJunkie
12/4/10 9:43 AM
SPoulin
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a start.
12/4/10 10:08 AM
Hessian
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3t
12/4/10 10:10 AM
Seamus619
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
12/4/10 10:56 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
933 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bangin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/4/10 7:14 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PAY UP F.E.G.!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.