UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Judaism could learn a thing or two...

12/5/10 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
770mdm
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was talking to a friend today and we were discussing some differences between what we see from Rabbi's and what we perceive about Priests, or the like.  Right now Jews are so trying to keep their Synagogues going and bring in new members.  I don't question the substance of Judaism but some Rabbi's seem to be afraid to put the peoples feet to the fire to become more religious.  Priests, on the other hand, have no problem getting really real with people, unafraid to loose anyone from coming to their Church.  Judaism is a hard life and to inspire someone to change what they're doing to what they should be doing is not easy work.  Would any of you see that Christianity is more direct in changing peoples lives?  
12/5/10 9:23 PM
martial_shadow
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

have you not seen any of the mitzvha tanks and outreach programs the Lubavitchers have all around north america?
12/5/10 9:39 PM
770mdm
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes but the local Lubavitcher on the street corner doesn't have a Shull to take care of.  If they do then it's out of their own home or something.  I'm talking about what do the guys say in those Mega Churches that get people to go?  I mean I think they're outright telling people they need to change or talk to the Devil.  Many Rabbi's are very charasmatic but they may not be coming across the same way as Christians. Many Rabbi's maybe afraid of offending those that come into their Shulls.  Their sermons may sound more campy then reality check.  I'm also talking about a Rabbi's sermons not his ways so much.  What he says to the community from the Bima.  
12/6/10 3:02 AM
Juijitsuboxer
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is because the Holy Spirit is alive and working in the Christian Church, that God produces real changed in people's lives. That is my belief at least.
12/6/10 3:04 AM
Juijitsuboxer
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 Peter 1:2-4 (New King James Version)

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
12/6/10 9:43 AM
770mdm

Edited: 12/06/10 11:31 AM
It's not like I don't know strong Rabbi's I do.  But the bigger the Shul, I'm wondering, the less rebuke in their sermons, Reform shuls being the biggest and most beautiful therefor having the highest overhead.  I know several Rabbi's in Israel that are the 'real deal' and the ones in the US I know who have a strong delivery aren't responsible for overhead.  Yeshivah Rabbi's are strong too, their students are strong.  

I'm wondering that if in it's opposite in the Christian world.  The smaller the Church the more campy the sermon. Would that be true?  

12/6/10 1:42 PM
Ridgeback
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish this was true, but plenty of priests and pastors are lukewarm and more interested in liberal philosophy than the gospel.   

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.