UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> One and Done (Still alive)

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/6/10 7:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We started with 173 players and we are down to 8 now.. thanks to San Diego losing at home to Oakland. We are trying to work out a way to split the pot. Looks like we are going to split it to where we each get $460 and then first place will get an additional 1k.

It's either that or don't do a split and play for the whole $4675.00.. which is dumb in my opinion. It takes a good bit of luck to make it this far and I could lose at any time.

So for week 14, it looks like my best options are below. I'm heavily leaning towards NYJ at home against Miami.

NYJ at home vs. Miami
ATL at Carolina
JAC at home vs Oakland
12/6/10 7:16 PM
Tommy Gunnz
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bro, I enjoy breaking your balls but seriously DO NOT put $4000 on the Jets against the Dolphins!!!

Could they win? sure. Should they win? sure. But think of it like a college rivalry game, even though the Dolphins aren't great they could definitely win this game and the JETS for whatever reason are not playing well at home this year (I have season tix I know)
12/7/10 12:14 PM
caleb
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tommy Gunnz - bro, I enjoy breaking your balls but seriously DO NOT put $4000 on the Jets against the Dolphins!!!

Could they win? sure. Should they win? sure. But think of it like a college rivalry game, even though the Dolphins aren't great they could definitely win this game and the JETS for whatever reason are not playing well at home this year (I have season tix I know)

Hmmm.. I usually don't listen to a damn thing you say, but I know you are a hard core Jets fan and know that team 100 x better than I do. So now I'm leaning towards Atlanta.. but I don't feel good about them either even though they are playing a 1-11 team. I see Carolina playing desperate and going for it often on 4th down etc.

Do you think Atlanta beating Carolina is more likely than the Jets beating the shitting Dolphins? My ass is on the line here.
12/7/10 12:33 PM
Tommy Gunnz
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

are the dolphins a HORRIBLE team? absolutely not. Are the panthers are HORRIBLE team? absolutely.....

and after last nights debacle, the jets are either gonna CRUSH the phins on sunday or completely give up and get manhandled like the little bitches that they are
12/7/10 12:44 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - are the dolphins a HORRIBLE team? absolutely not. Are the panthers are HORRIBLE team? absolutely.....

and after last nights debacle, the jets are either gonna CRUSH the phins on sunday or completely give up and get manhandled like the little bitches that they are

The thing is the last 2 games Carolina has played have been close.. they were beating up on Seattle, before Seattle came back.

I'm thinking the Jets will get a lashing behind closed doors and will want to come out and kill the Dolphins. Three things bother me about this game though, The Dolphins playoffs hopes are still alive, the Jets ONLY scored 3 points last night, and you telling me to stay the hell away.
12/7/10 12:50 PM
Tommy Gunnz

Look I can't tell you about the other teams or other games like an "expert" but there is nobody that you know that knows the jets better than me. they are the better team and should win the game but do you have any idea how many games like that i have seen them lose? the jets are a clusterfuck garbage franchise and for you to put $4000 on them is INSANE in my humble opinion. Like I said, the Jets should and probably will win but I sure as fuck wouldnt put 4k on it and they are MY team

FYI, about 15 years ago I was in a similar position as you except there were only 3 of us left in a "one and done" league and I picked the Jets against a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE bears team at that time and they fucked me in the ass! I'm just lookin out for a forum brother that the same shit doesn't' happen to you.
12/7/10 2:04 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - Look I can't tell you about the other teams or other games like an "expert" but there is nobody that you know that knows the jets better than me. they are the better team and should win the game but do you have any idea how many games like that i have seen them lose? the jets are a clusterfuck garbage franchise and for you to put $4000 on them is INSANE in my humble opinion. Like I said, the Jets should and probably will win but I sure as fuck wouldnt put 4k on it and they are MY team

FYI, about 15 years ago I was in a similar position as you except there were only 3 of us left in a "one and done" league and I picked the Jets against a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE bears team at that time and they fucked me in the ass! I'm just lookin out for a forum brother that the same shit doesn't' happen to you.

Alright, I have heard enough. I'm going with Atlanta this week. They are 10-2 and facing a 1-11 team. If I do get knocked out... it's not because I did anything wrong.

Thanks for your advice on the Jets. I certainly don't know them like you do. I have to go with the odds and take Atlanta.

Thanks for looking out for a forum brother!
12/7/10 5:01 PM
endochokedme
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am rooting for you Caleb

i like Atlanta (more than the jets this week)
12/7/10 5:49 PM
caleb

Thanks Endo! I need all the help I can get. I realize I'm lucky by making it this far. I don't want some bullshit upset to knock me out. 7 out of the 8 people agreed to split the pot.. but we have one loser who won't, so this is getting played until the end.. unless he gets knocked out first.
12/7/10 7:18 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know there are no locks in football, but the Falcons are as close as you can get. They are just not the sort of team that will take a divisional road trip lightly. They will be prepared and focused and control the game beginning to end. The Panthers are just not a good team this year, and no matter how fired up they get, they simply don't have the talent to hang with the Falcons.

The other two games should be close enough to make you nervous. Falcons all day.

12/7/10 7:39 PM
saucylv33
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was hoping you were going to give an update on your pool. Good luck, I'll be rooting for the Falcons.
12/7/10 9:46 PM
caleb

Thanks for the type up Waylay... I'm feeling better and better about taking the Falcons. This one and done league really messes with your head and before long you don't trust any of the teams cause you realize just how easy it is for them to lose.

Saucy,
I really appreciate you rooting for the Falcons. I will update everyone on this thread with the results of the league and who everyone else picked. The pickings are getting really slim... week 15 looks like it will be a bitch too. Hopefully a few get knocked out this week and then we can just split the pot!
12/8/10 3:34 PM
deus ex machina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My best friend and my girlfriend are both huge Falcons fans so I'll be rooting for you, caleb. They are a young team but they play with intensity and discipline and they very rarely turnover the ball. Their offense just eats up clock and they have bonafide superstars at RB, WR, and TE, and despite flying below the radar, Matt Ryan has taken the next step in his development this year. We don't see the crazy statistical production that we equate with elite level quarterbacks(the fantasy football goggles), but his play is definitely elite this year in his ability to manage the game, read defenses, and make clutch cold-blooded plays. Their defense is definitely their weakness, but they have played well this season. As they say, any given sunday, but of the three choices, ATL is the best bet. Good luck.
12/8/10 5:32 PM
caleb

Deus,
Thanks for all the added information. Atlanta is one team I have not followed closely this year so it helps to hear some insight. They will be the first team I have taken on the road this year in one and done. I just hope Carolina doesn't have much fight left in them after losing to Seattle and having a 1-11 record.
12/9/10 8:50 PM
caleb

**Update** 2 guys in the league picked Jacksonville over Oakland. They have much better picks to use as well. One of them has NO, and the other still has Atl. Oakland and Jacksoville are unpredictable teams.... I think Jacksonville will win.. but the game could certainly go either way.
12/10/10 11:55 AM
saucylv33
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go Raiders!! :)
12/10/10 12:46 PM
caleb

saucylv33 - Go Raiders!! :)

Haha.. yup.. first time in my life I'm going to route for them. Besides when I used their team in Tecmo bowl. Bo Jackson FTW!!!
12/12/10 10:08 AM
caleb

**Update**  We have 8 people left and this is who they picked. 3 picked ATL including myself, 2 picked JAX, 1 picked NO, 1 picked SD, and 1 picked NYJ. The guy who picked the NYJ was the ONLY one who would not split the pot when it was down to 8 players left. Tommy... I'm sorry.. but I have to root against them this week. It's also Ironic that you told me to stay away from them and the one guy in our league that would not split, took them. 

12/12/10 11:46 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck. Goooo Raiders, Rams, Chiefs and Dolphins.
12/12/10 12:39 PM
caleb

Waylay - Best of luck. Goooo Raiders, Rams, Chiefs and Dolphins.

Thanks Waylay! One of the teams you listed is bound to win. I guess out of all of them I have to root for the Raiders the hardest... 2 people would get knocked out of they win.
12/12/10 4:14 PM
caleb

Worthless ass Raiders. Damn.. just gave the game away! Pathetic!
12/12/10 9:16 PM
caleb

The bastard who wouldn't split last week got knocked out by picking the Jets. He and I had it out via email too. He told me he was this far purely based on skill. He gets nothing now.

THANKS A TON TOMMY! Glad I was smart enough to listen to you. When someone is a season ticket holder and a huge fan of a certain team, their opinion is music to my ears.
12/12/10 9:43 PM
Tommy Gunnz

no problem, now when you win a couple grand do the right thing and take care of ya boy on here who saved you
12/12/10 9:52 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - no problem, now when you win a couple grand do the right thing and take care of ya boy on here who saved you

I'm hoping to split the pot early which would only net me $525 and then a shot at an additional 1k, but if someone wants to be greedy and play it all the way out.. I can win some big money..or get knocked out and win nothing. If I'm a winner.. you will get hooked up.
12/12/10 10:02 PM
Tommy Gunnz

Good man, as a gambler it's the right thing to do. I'm just surprised the jets didnt get blown out Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.