UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> One and Done (Still alive)

12/13/10 9:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok..I have to plan for next week now. My pickings are slim as you may imagine being in week 15 of a one and done.

I don't like any of these to be honest. I guess I would lean the most towards Oakland. Just because of how bad Mcfadden tore them up last time. Oakland won 59 to something and that was in Denver's house. With that said, I can't stand Oakland and don't know if I can bring myself to pick them in a suicide league. I have some time to decide.. what does everyone else think?

At Miami -6 Buffalo

At Dallas -6.5* Washington

At Oakland -6.5 Denver
12/13/10 4:58 PM
deus ex machina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does your pick have to beat the spread or is it just straight up?
12/13/10 5:21 PM
caleb
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deus ex machina - Does your pick have to beat the spread or is it just straight up?

Just straight up.. all they have to do is win. I just put up the points to show people the odds on the games.

I'm heavily leaning towards Oakland. Denver has lost 4 straight, fired their head coach, only won 3 games all year, got beat 59-14 at home earlier in the year by Oakland IN Denver, and got crushed by a shitty Arizona team last week.
12/13/10 5:49 PM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oakland is a reasonable pick. It took alot of big plays from the Jaguars to beat them, big plays I can't see the Broncos replicating.

Your original post confused me, is your option Dallas or Washington? If Dallas, that is also a reasonably safe pick. Washington is cover your eyes awful, and the Cowboys are playing well at the moment, stretching good Saints and Eagles teams right to the end. If Washington, good god run from this pick as fast as you can.

Miami v Buffalo, anything could happen in this game, I would definitely stay away.
12/13/10 6:06 PM
caleb

Waylay - Oakland is a reasonable pick. It took alot of big plays from the Jaguars to beat them, big plays I can't see the Broncos replicating.

Your original post confused me, is your option Dallas or Washington? If Dallas, that is also a reasonably safe pick. Washington is cover your eyes awful, and the Cowboys are playing well at the moment, stretching good Saints and Eagles teams right to the end. If Washington, good god run from this pick as fast as you can.

Miami v Buffalo, anything could happen in this game, I would definitely stay away.

Yeah, I was talking about Dallas.. not Washington. I didn't make it this far being crazy! Haha. Yeah, I'm thinking Oakland is the safest option right now and plan on taking them.

I think Dallas will win that game too.. but the Redskins just get too excited every time they play the Cowboys, so I have to stay away from that rivalry game.

Thanks for your input Waylay. The more input the better I feel. So far everyone likes the Oakland pick.
12/13/10 6:28 PM
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my first thought was taking Dallas. Washington is just a very very bad team
12/13/10 7:27 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - my first thought was taking Dallas. Washington is just a very very bad team

This is where my experience as a Cowboys season ticket holder and fan come in. Dallas/Washington games are usually close. Washington thinks they are in the superbowl every time they play the Cowboys. Yes, the Redskins and their fans are faggots and have penis envy when it comes to the Cowboys.

I think Dallas will beat them and I know Dallas is the better team. I just can't risk it.. It's like the Jets Dolphins game.
12/13/10 10:25 PM
deus ex machina

I don't know if you want to risk $4k on the Raiders bro.
12/14/10 11:14 AM
caleb

deus ex machina - I don't know if you want to risk $4k on the Raiders bro.

I know, it just doesn't feel right. I'm starting to lean towards Miami. Just because Miami has a top ranked defense and they are fighting for a wild card spot in the playoffs at 7-6. Lee Evans got hurt, so now Miami can double team Johnson to help eliminate that threat.

They beat Buffalo earlier in the year in Buffalo and should be able to handle them at home. Like I said.. they are fighting for the playoffs as well... so they should be playing tough.

Oakland still has a chance at the playoffs but its slim.... and their defense gives up too many points.
12/14/10 11:24 AM
Tommy Gunnz
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buffalo is not as bad a team as people think they have lost ALOT of close games. could easily have 7-9 wins right now! they have lost 3 overtime games and 6 games by 8 points or less....
12/14/10 11:37 AM
SecondBase
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dallas is the safest pick imo.
12/14/10 12:41 PM
caleb

Sounds like I have a real mixed bag here. Some of you say Dallas, some say Oakland, and I'm saying Miami.

Last week was a slam dunk.. this week is rough. This one is going to come down to the wire.... keep bringing your opinions everyone. I need all the help I can get.
12/14/10 12:43 PM
Tommy Gunnz

i haven't paid attention to this since the beginning, can you pick ANY team in any game? or are you only allowed to use a team once all season?
12/14/10 1:51 PM
caleb

Tommy Gunnz - i haven't paid attention to this since the beginning, can you pick ANY team in any game? or are you only allowed to use a team once all season?

Only allowed to use a team once all season. After I use them.. I can't ever use them again. So my picks are getting harder and harder. Particularly this week. I have to take everything into consideration before picking them. Miami has a shot to make the playoffs.. so I know they will be playing tough. Oakland still has a shot as well and is a good pick. Dallas has lost the last 2.. although they have put up a lot of points, but the Redskins always get excited to play them. All 3 of the teams I mentioned should win.. but I don't trust any of them.. haha.
12/15/10 7:55 AM
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would stay away from that Miami game. Buffalo have had a hell of a lot of close loses to some very good sides, they have been playing alot harder than the Redskins or Broncos, despite what the records indicate.
12/15/10 10:36 AM
caleb

Damn... now I am back on to Oakland. My official pick this week is Oakland. I just put it in. Thx for everyones help.
12/17/10 1:23 PM
caleb

Rex Grossman is starting in place of Donovan Mcnabb for the Redskins. I just switched my pick over to Dallas. The Redskins appear to want to lose on purpose to get a better spot in the draft. That is all I can think of.

Payback is coming this week in Dallas.
12/17/10 5:28 PM
micmac
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caleb - Rex Grossman is starting in place of Donovan Mcnabb for the Redskins. I just switched my pick over to Dallas. The Redskins appear to want to lose on purpose to get a better spot in the draft. That is all I can think of.

Payback is coming this week in Dallas.

I think that's a good pick, although Oakland is a good one too.
12/19/10 4:33 PM
deus ex machina

Close one. Congrats on surviving though.
12/26/10 2:47 PM
saucylv33
749 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who do you have this week?
12/26/10 2:51 PM
caleb

saucylv33 - Who do you have this week?

I took KC. I originally had Jacksonville but switched to KC after realizing they have not last at home this year, and if they win the next 2 games this year they win their division. It appears to be the right decision..they are winning 31-7 right now.

One guy took Dallas (He is gone) and another took SF which is crazy as hell.. but they are winning right now. The other 2 took Philly...which should be an absolute lock.
12/26/10 4:22 PM
caleb

So now we are down to 3 including me.. the other 2 have Philly.. so if by some miracle Minnesota beats Philly... then I will win the last remaining 1k. If not, it goes to week 17 and if I win I'm guaranteed another $333.33.. in addition to the $735 I already won.
12/26/10 5:17 PM
Waylay

Nice work. Can't wait to see what choices you have left for the last week, Phone Post
12/26/10 5:41 PM
caleb

There should be a few teams sitting starters in week 17, I will probably take a team playing them. Hopefully I can find one where a team is fighting to get into the playoffs playing against a team that is sitting starters.

As of right now, these are some of the games I can take. The team I would consider, I listed first. None of them look great, but out of all these right now, I would take NYJ at home against Buffalo.

Miami against NE

NYJ at home against Buffalo

Houston at home against Jacksonville

Detroit at home against Minnesota (If no Favre/Peterson)

San Fran at home against Arizona

St. Louis at Seattle
12/26/10 11:59 PM
Tommy Gunnz

Stay away from the jets!!!!!! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.