UnderGround Forums
 

NFLGround >> One and Done (Still alive)


12/27/10 2:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 9/30/08
Posts: 1646
Wow, what a terrible slate of choices. The Patriots traditionally play full strength for a fair part of these dead games, so Miami is iffy. Tommy says no Jets, and they have nothing to play for, so trust him. The Jaguars will still have a playoff shot so I wouldn't risk Houston. San Fran is a basket case and just sacked Singletary, that is a crap shoot. St Louis and Seattle both have chips in that game.

That leaves you with Detroit. They have actually played fairly well the last three weeks. Favre playing makes no difference, they a bad at QB with or without him. If Peterson is out, I would take the Lions.
12/27/10 7:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 5500
Yeah, tell me about it. All of my choices suck. My fear with the Detroit/Minnesota game is that it will be Favres last game and I'm sure there will be a bunch of hoopla surrounding that game and how Brett wants to go out with a bang etc. Plus I just don't know if I can bring myself to pick Detroit in a one and done league. It was hard enough picking Cleveland earlier in the year.

San Fran is a 6 point favorite over Arizona.. I don't know why they would be 6 point favorites though. 3 points sounds more reasonable to me. They are terrible.. but so is Arizona. So San Fran may be a decent pick considering the circumstances I'm in.

Maybe after the Philly/Minnesota game... granted Philly wins (The other 2 guys picked Philly) I will ask if they want to split. That way we all get $333.33 each and I won't have to pick this last week.
12/27/10 11:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 5503
I'm probably gonna have to take SF, one of the two guys said he would split now.. just waiting on the other one to respond.
SF should be able to take out the Cardinals at home. They fought decently well this past week against a better St. Louis team.


Would you take the $333.33 now, or play out the last week for the 1k? Their possible picks are just as bad as mine.
12/27/10 2:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 9/30/08
Posts: 1647
Don't worry about the Favre hoopla, he may want to go out with a bang, but he has been god awful all year and he is so broken down at this point it would be a miracle if he even finished the game, let alone turned in a great performance.
12/27/10 5:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 5506
I just can't take the Lions, something deep down won't let me do it.
12/27/10 5:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 9/30/08
Posts: 1656
Heh heh, I understand.
12/27/10 5:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
saucylv33
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 8/14/02
Posts: 11101
You already won money. Play out the last week.

Don't take the Jets, they said they will most likely rest key starters.

Can you take Jacksonville?
12/27/10 6:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 5508
saucylv33 - You already won money. Play out the last week.

Don't take the Jets, they said they will most likely rest key starters.

Can you take Jacksonville?


I can take Jacksonville but they just lost to the foreskins.. and at home. I have zero faith in them going to Houston. I almost picked them last week at home against the foreskins too.. they would have burned my ass. I came to my senses and took KC because they have been playing great and needed that win badly to stay on top of the division. Smart move.

Jacksonville is a 2 point favorite to beat Houston in Houston. I can't take them after they played so terrible last week though.

It will either be SF at home against Arizona. SF is a 6.5 point favorite. (Yes SF is terrible but they played tough yesterday and they are playing an equally terrible team with a 3rd string QB in Arizona).

Or Detroit who is a 7 point favorite at home against Minny. I will have to watch Minny this week in Philly to consider this one. I hate the idea of picking Detroit though.

Just pull for Minny to beat Philly tomorrow. If that happens I win the whole thing and won't have to go to week 17. Stranger things have happened.
12/29/10 5:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Waylay
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 9/30/08
Posts: 1663
caleb - 

Just pull for Minny to beat Philly tomorrow. If that happens I win the whole thing and won't have to go to week 17. Stranger things have happened.


As an Eagles fan I am raging upset over this game. But am stoked that it put you up for the win. Congrats man.
12/29/10 12:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
saucylv33
786 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 8/14/02
Posts: 11103
Congrats Caleb!!
12/29/10 2:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
endochokedme
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 8/26/02
Posts: 5466
GREAT WAY TO END 2010. Congrats!
12/29/10 7:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 5509
Thanks to all of you and for following and helping. Yup, I won the whole thing last night thanks to Philly taking the Vikings too lightly. What a weird game right? How the hell did Philly lose to the Vikes? Just goes to show you how lucky I was making it this far. Only about 40% was skill..the other 60% was luck. I can't believe I beat out 173 people and won the whole thing!

For the record, I would have taken San Fran the last week. Sure, I know they suck but Arizona is worse and the game is in San Fran.

I'm doing the right thing and donating the money to charity. God has been blessing me all year and it's time I pay it forward.
12/30/10 11:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 7553
Couldn't have happened to a better guy, congrats bro!!! Phone Post
12/31/10 8:02 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
deus ex machina
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 7/28/08
Posts: 751
caleb - Thanks to all of you and for following and helping. Yup, I won the whole thing last night thanks to Philly taking the Vikings too lightly. What a weird game right? How the hell did Philly lose to the Vikes? Just goes to show you how lucky I was making it this far. Only about 40% was skill..the other 60% was luck. I can't believe I beat out 173 people and won the whole thing!

For the record, I would have taken San Fran the last week. Sure, I know they suck but Arizona is worse and the game is in San Fran.

I'm doing the right thing and donating the money to charity. God has been blessing me all year and it's time I pay it forward.


Outstanding.
1/11/11 2:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Doomsday
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 4837
Just awesome. Voted up.

You picked the right teams at the right time. Not an easy thing to do.

Paying it forward? Doesn't get any better!
1/11/11 8:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
caleb
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Member Since: 1/1/01
Posts: 5564
Doomsday - Just awesome. Voted up.

You picked the right teams at the right time. Not an easy thing to do.

Paying it forward? Doesn't get any better!


Thanks Doomsday. Paying it forward felt better than winning the whole thing too.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.