UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> COSMO VS YOD II

12/6/10 3:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sevenone
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who do you think won and why?
12/6/10 3:09 PM
sevenone
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VythEjIeFdw
12/7/10 8:25 AM
Khun Kao
1256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/07/10 3:36 PM

Wow, that was a CLOSE fight!

I'm not totally confident in my scoring of the bout, but I see it like this:

ROUND 1: Cosmo was landing the most strikes, but Yod was controlling the movement. Cosmo landed the highest number of scoring strikes, but Yod landed the most effective strikes, especially right at the end when Yod twisted Cosmo off balance and landed a knee. That scores HUGE in MuayThai! I'm calling this round 10-10, though I could see an argument for it being called in either fighters favor.

ROUND 2: Yod was completely in control this round. I scored this round 10-9 for Yod.

At this stage of the fight, I'm sure we can all pretty much agree that the fight will be decided by the final round. Whoever wins this round wins the fight.

ROUND 3: What a great round! Yod started out in control, a perfect example being the kick he landed at 5:37 (a CLEAN, HARD round kick to the body), but then Cosmo dumped him in the clinch. Here is where things get tricky. A throw/dump in MuayThai doesn't typically score in an outright fashion. It shows ring generalship, and in an otherwise close round can swing the fight in your favor. The reason why Cosmo's clinch dump didn't score as highly as you might think is because he ONLY dumped Yod. Refer back to the 1st round where Yod twisted Cosmo off-balance AND landed a strike. THAT scores HUGE! But in this case, Cosmo has simply swung the advantage in his favor.

Yod continues to press the action landing kicks to Cosmo's arms (which is a scoring tactic), and Cosmo actually loses some advantage when he slips as he attempts to kick back at Yod. Balance is a HUGE part of the score in MuayThai. If you don't maintain your balance, even if you land a successful strike it may not score, or score highly.

Then you have Cosmo trapping Yod's kick and plowing him into the ropes while landing a successful round kick. This scored pretty highly, but Yod evened the score by using the momentum of the exchange to twist Cosmo around and finish the exchange with a successful counter knee. Notice that the referee attempted to stop Cosmo from charging Yod into the ropes because what Cosmo did was technically illegal. A fighter can only take 2 steps forward while holding onto his opponents leg before striking or releasing.

What sealed the round for Yod was the round kick that dropped Cosmo to the canvas. Though it (rightfully) was not given a count, this is the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak.
12/7/10 8:43 AM
Outkaster
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow those guys are tough.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.