UnderGround Forums

Pinoy UnderGround >> Mabuhay Pilipinas

12/6/10 9:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
El_Varaco
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/06/10 9:42 PM

I'm not sure if we have football fans here, but the Philippines just pulled off the biggest upset in South East Asian football by shutting out  defending champs Vietnam 2-0!

12/7/10 5:35 AM
PTM2020
911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very Cool!!!  Big congrats to Team Philippines!!!!
1/16/11 10:48 AM
EKPOGI
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cool,ill rub it in my viet gf later
1/17/11 1:28 AM
El_Varaco
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the team's gunning for a world cup slot in a couple of years, and they're gearing up by getting pinoy hapas from europe.

so far the hapas have performed excellently, I hope the skill rubs off on the locals, the same way the hapas in the PBA did
2/14/11 12:33 AM
PTM2020
911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how did it go with them in the asia cup tourney?  i didn't follow it over here but Evil Yoshida has been talking about team Japan beaing successful early on.
2/14/11 9:31 PM
El_Varaco

we're not part of the asian cup yet as we're classified as a developing country (a country that has an underdeveloped football program), we're in the Asia challenge cup, which from what I understand, is like a wildcard entry into next year's Asian cup. We just beat Mongolia 2-0 at home (in Bacolod), but the next game's an away game in Mongolia, but the boys should be able to handle that game as well.

the new german coach has been good for the team, and the local boys have definitely stepped up their game to keep up with the boys from europe. There's still a few more euro boys coming in, one coming in from Real Madrid.

I really hope we develop football here, as this is a game where pinoys can really kick ass. The Azkals have been great for the sport though, and it helps that they pull truck loads of teenage girls to their games.
7/11/11 7:36 AM
El_Varaco

right, soccer!

anyway the Philippines just won in their first ever World Cup Qualifying match against Sri Lanka (hey a win is a win and I'll take it)

we're in the second round now against Kuwait (July 23rd is an away game in Kuwait and July 28th is a home game)

never thought I'd see the day that the Philippines would go soccer crazy...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.