UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> no talk about the possible blackout?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/7/10 8:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kikenyoy
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congress may vote to legalize online poker to U.S. players. The bad news is that to prevent an unfair advantage to existing sites, U.S. players will be banned for 15 months while the gov't prepares everything, then they will issue licenses to the gaming sites. According to 2+2, stars and fulltilt will comply. Cerus has a shady past and might not get a license so they might try to get around it and since Bodog offers sports betting they probably would be in the same situation.

Lots of speculation as this point. It may be the start of another boom period (pleasepleaseplease) but since the gov't isn't exactly known for getting things done in a speedy matter it could mean a few years of no online play for U.S. players.

Here's a link to a good summary:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showpost.php?p=23347946&postcount=2531
12/7/10 12:55 PM
kikenyoy
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This won't just affect U.S. players:

"Player pools: For three years, all play from players located outside the U.S. at the time of play will be excluded from licensed sites. After that, new regulations can be issued (likely) allowing foreign players in jurisdictions where it is legal to sign up and play on the US sites."

This fucking sucks. I'm an American but live in Thailand and have family here. Maybe I'll have to play on smaller unregulated sites for a few years. Goodbye supernova elite. FML.
12/7/10 1:29 PM
kikenyoy

hmm, just talked to someone who said there may be two separate sites... like pokerstars US, and pokerstars International with basically everyone else. Then after the 3 year waiting period they could merge. Everything is all speculation at this point but that sounds like a possibility.

Time to go get drunk.
12/7/10 5:41 PM
wreckker
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vpngates.com will enable u to still play...

Reroutes your IP adress to anywhere in the world..

slows down connection some but still good enough to play.

so i hear :}
12/9/10 3:58 PM
mpthief
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just the news release of it being legal will cause a boom in players.

however,

to sustain it i think will be up to the poker celebs and airtime they get on the tube..........

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.