UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ring vs. Fukuda inked for UFC 127 in Australia

12/7/10 9:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mike Russell
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick Ring vs. Riki Fukuda Inked for UFC 127 February 27 in Australia

("The Promise" and "Killer Bee" will clash down under.)

CagePotato.com has learned from a source close to the fight that a middleweight bout between The Ultimate Fighter 11 standout Nick Ring (11-0) and Kazuo Misaki's Grabaka teammate, Riki Fukuda (17-4) has been signed for UFC 127 February 27 in Sydney, Australia.

The fight will be the first for Ring since the undefeated Canadian notched amajority decision win over eventual TUF 11 winner Court McGee while filming the show in January. After the bout, Ring, who had been competing with a lingering knee injury, was forced to pull out of the competition due to a torn ACL which would require surgery. The favorite to win the competition, the 30-year-old has been rehabbing the joint since having it surgically repaired in April and has been training in Montreal at Tristar Gym with fellow UFC fighters, welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and longtime training partner Rory MacDonald.

Fukuda, who, like Ring,  will also be making his Octagon debut at the event down under, is the DEEP middleweight champion and has not lost since 2008. An EliteXC and DREAM veteran, his most notable victory is a unanimous decision he won overMurilo "Ninja"Rua at DREAM 8 in 2009. The 29-year-old native of Tokyo who has only been finished once in his career surprised many when he took veteran Joe Doerksen to a decision in his first bout in 2004.

12/7/10 9:22 AM
rugimar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice fight, stoked to see Ring back and Fukuda in the UFC.
12/7/10 9:31 AM
Brown Pride

Is Ring the gay guy from the show? I dont care if he is, but im having trouble remembering him.

He the guy who beat the winner Court Mcgee right?
12/7/10 9:57 AM
fastforward

riki fukuda is tough. finally in the ufc. deep champ
12/7/10 10:00 AM
Khabeer Rockley

Nice, looking forward to seeing this Phone Post
12/7/10 10:01 AM
PatrickFreitas
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been a fan of both guys for many years now. good to see them in the Big Show.

tough call, but i see Nick winning via sub or gritty decision...assuming he's at full health. dont see him KOing Riki.
12/7/10 10:02 AM
mkou
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good to see Fukuda in the big show finally.
12/7/10 10:07 AM
Nicolo Toscani

.oh.no.you.dih-eh.
12/7/10 10:40 AM
Naughty Gorilla

Ring by controversial decision amid cries of Bullshit
12/7/10 11:33 AM
NTP
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess  UFC brass doesn't go nearly as easy on you if you don't choose to stay on tuf. Nice to see Ring in the UFC and I gotta root for a fellow Calgarian, but that's a brutal first fight imo. There's tuf guys from 3 seasons ago who are still fighting cans.
12/7/10 11:59 AM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
NTP -  I guess  UFC brass doesn't go nearly as easy on you if you don't choose to stay on tuf. Nice to see Ring in the UFC and I gotta root for a fellow Calgarian, but that's a brutal first fight imo. There's tuf guys from 3 seasons ago who are still fighting cans.
What does that mean?  It's not like Ring chose not to stay on TUF... he was injured and hasn't fought anywhere since then.

12/7/10 12:00 PM
Nanook
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shambala Sports Network, Host, Producer
I was wondering what became of Ring since TUF 10.

This should be a good fight. Fukuda is a scrapper.
12/7/10 12:25 PM
RKing85
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to see Ring finally in the UFC and glad to see Fukuda there as well. His talented was being wasted in Japan.
12/7/10 2:09 PM
NTP
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herring In A Fur Coat - 
NTP -  I guess  UFC brass doesn't go nearly as easy on you if you don't choose to stay on tuf. Nice to see Ring in the UFC and I gotta root for a fellow Calgarian, but that's a brutal first fight imo. There's tuf guys from 3 seasons ago who are still fighting cans.
What does that mean?  It's not like Ring chose not to stay on TUF... he was injured and hasn't fought anywhere since then.

It simply means that Nick is making his UFC debut against the DEEP mw champ & dream vet which is a tough match. Court McKee got Ryan Jensen for example.

12/7/10 2:33 PM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nam Pham got Garcia, Amir got Hendricks...there is no rhyme or reason. Some guys get to fight 3-4 cans and some guys start off getting thrown to the wolves to see if they will sink or swim.

12/7/10 2:34 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
NTP - 
Herring In A Fur Coat - 

It simply means that Nick is making his UFC debut against the DEEP mw champ & dream vet which is a tough match. Court McKee got Ryan Jensen for example.

I just don't get what you mean by "if you don't choose to stay on TUF"...  Ring didn't choose anything, he was injured.

12/7/10 2:36 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bryanand - Nam Pham got Garcia, Amir got Hendricks...there is no rhyme or reason. Some guys get to fight 3-4 cans and some guys start off getting thrown to the wolves to see if they will sink or swim.

amir was suppose to fight nick catone twice before the hendricks fight so you can't say they didn't try to give him an easier fight than johnny.
12/8/10 10:40 AM
sharp01

Im gonna take Ring buy sub ,hes tougher fighter than people know with sick skills if hes healthy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.