UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> enterprise VoIP solution????

12/7/10 4:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mitch Baker
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone here know of a good resource for determining what how much the different providers charge for various deployments?
12/8/10 10:06 AM
BlackJesus
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How many phones and locations?
12/9/10 11:58 AM
Mitch Baker
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im just trying to do a compare and contrast of different verndor' solutions I.E. UC500 vs. (avaya's comparable solution) vs. (Lucents solution) etc...

really hard to find this sort of information clear listed out anywhere.
12/10/10 4:38 PM
BlackJesus
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/10 4:41 PM
Google on look for other peoples RFQs.
Cisco is the way to go they're throwing more money into RND for voice then all of the other companies put together.
Avaya is just rebranding Nortel because they can't get their own VOIP product to market.

12/15/10 11:32 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/15/10 11:36 AM
"we find that when you have to buy 500-1000 phones, the cost of the cisco phones are not worth it."

In what respect? Bottom line cost, bundled with infrastructure (switches, routers, etc...) or features/dollar, support, development, ???

Cisco might not always be the cheapest bottom line, but often they're worth it at the end of the day. And I'm talking in general, not for voice or voice of this particular size specifically.

I've worked on a large avaya install (5000 phones) and while it worked there were nagging issues that got absolutely terrible support from the vendor. I mean so bad that the CIO had to yell at their CIO, pull in everybody and their brother turning it into a massive goatfuck. I'm not sure it ever got resolved as I left the company, but the difference in support vs. what I'm used to with cisco was outrageous.
12/16/10 10:24 AM
big_slacker
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I think the end phone piece is the least important component. If the infrastructure is built right (capacity and QoS) then quality will be fine. The rest is features, cost and support.
12/17/10 12:39 AM
big_slacker

I haven't. I'm not really a voice guy, it just overlaps with my job since I take care of the transport. Voice is on my every growing list after I finish my security ccie.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.