UnderGround Forums

Connecticut Underground >> Takedown Seminar in Waterbury w/ Gold Medalist

12/8/10 11:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stilwell
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey UG,

We have put together a seminar with accomplished 6 year Judo BlackBelt with over 15 years total Judo and Wrestling experience, International Junior Judo Champion and out standing Freestyle, Greco Roman and Folk Style Wrestler, Dave Chapman.

Dave is a 9 time Judo Gold Medalist with over 73 career wins, his most notable win is his Gold Medal at the 2004 Jr. Olympics (17-19yrs. 90kg) in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. He also has countless other accolades and has trained at the Olympic Training Camp for Judo in Colorado Springs as well as in Europe and with UFC Fighter and #1 contender Manny Gamburyan.

One highlight of the seminar will be that the basic package is only $30 (for pre-registration, payment will be taken at the door but a simple RSVP will reserve the reduced pricing) or $40 at the door which is very affordable and will consist of 3hr's of GI and 1hr of Wrestling. We also will offer discounts for Schools or Clubs Bringing more than 4 students. We will also have an upgrade package that will include a Digital Copy of the Seminar and an Event T-Shirt. Shirts will also be available at the seminar.

We will not be covering any submissions, BJJ ground techniques or Ne-Waza work during this seminar so your money and time will be devoted to improving your stand up positioning and your takedowns. I am a avid follower and observer of Grappling, I have watched so much grappling and submission wrestling and feel that although i'm not the best player I do feel that I have studied more then anyone on the planet (totally not serious BTW) and after all my observations I feel that the main reason we should have this seminar is to develop the most unpracticed and underrated part of Grappling (GI and No-GI), the Stand Up Game, Takedowns and especially getting your opponent to the mat in a dominating position making it a much easier and more effective path to victory. If you don't wanna come or don't think this is important I respect and understand that (I just hope you don't run into one of our guys at a GQ or a NAGA [again totally not serious])

After completing the seminar you will receive a Certificate from Dave and a new found confidence in your ability to step on the mat and not butt scoot your way to more boring grappling.

If you purchased the upgraded package you will also receive a Digital Copy of the seminar and an event shirt with your name and/or nickname on it. This is so you can keep studying these techniques and improving your game after he day is finished.

I appreciate you reading this and much thanks for your time, I hope you all take this chance to learn from Dave and improve your Takedowns.

P.S.
If money or accommodations are an issue please send me a message, we are very understanding and the last thing I would want is for someone to miss out on this because of hard times. This is the holidays and Dave and I will work with anyone under any circumstances if you truly want to learn.

Chris Stilwell
StilwellJitsu@Yahoo.com
Facebook.com/StilwellJitsu
Phone (860) 793-0125
Text (252) 528-5658

Thanks
12/8/10 11:29 AM
stilwell

ttt
12/8/10 3:11 PM
stilwell

ttt
12/9/10 11:03 AM
stilwell

i know that some of you guys want to work this aspect of your game, NAGA is less then 2 weeks away, please get back to me and we can get this rolling, we already have 11 spots taken, reserve yours now
12/9/10 12:37 PM
stilwell

Sunday 12/12/10, starts at 11am and is at IMB in Waterbury, CT, Sifu Chris Smith's School located at 1669 Thomaston Ave
Waterbury, CT 06704, ONLY $30 Bucks, cant beat it

Thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.