UnderGround Forums

NFLGround >> Real Joker

12/9/10 1:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tommy Gunnz
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you could only choose to see one before you die which would it be?

texans wining the superbowl

or

yves winning the ufc lightweight title
12/10/10 3:32 AM
AnthonyBrancato
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's kind of like asking me whether I'd rather see the Eagles win the Super Bowl or Rashad win the title.

Oh, wait a minute - Rashad already has.

Well I guess Rashad can win the title again - either by beating Shogun in March, or the MW title if he loses and then moves down to 185, which he very likely would do, especially if the loss is anything like the Machida loss was.
12/10/10 11:07 AM
east
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As much as I like MMA, winning the UFC title does not equate to your team winning the superbowl.
12/10/10 12:36 PM
TheRealJoker
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yves is my hetero life partner but even he would understand he would need to go on an Anderson Silva-like run with the belt in order to equate the joy that a Houston Texans super bowl victory would bring me ;)

12/11/10 3:52 AM
AnthonyBrancato
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just make the playoffs first - before you even start thinking about the Super Bowl.
1/24/11 4:29 PM
JackTheCon
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yves easily. A franchise can always change players, and finally win 50 years later. Yves cannot. I hope he wins it one day.
1/24/11 5:21 PM
TheRealJoker
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JackTheCon - Yves easily. A franchise can always change players, and finally win 50 years later. Yves cannot. I hope he wins it one day.

Hopefully im alive when that happens but good point nonetheless.

However, there is a difference between winning the Superbowl and simply winning the title only to lose it soon after. I'd take Yves with a run of dominance as the # 1 lightweight for an extended period of time over a Texans Super Bowl but I wouldn't take Yves as a champion only to lose the belt in the next fight (EX: Matt Serra/GSP) over a Texans Super Bowl if you catch my drift...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.