UnderGround Forums

Jen >> **New BJJ school in Sunnyvale, CA**

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/9/10 1:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/10 1:15 PM

The mats are in and the bathrooms work, so that's good enough for me to have class! The rest of the new gym still needs a lot of work as far as setting up, but I'm ready to start some BJJ classes.

1239 Reamwood
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

Mon. - Thurs. at 7pm (gi) and Sat. 10:30am (no gi). $89/month for UNLIMITED BJJ CLASSES! First class free!

Our first class starts today (12/8). Right now we are just starting with my BJJ classes and then in Jan., my black belt, Seo Perales, will be joining me at this school and we will have a full schedule with other fitness and martial arts classes.

School website is coming soon, so for now, if you are interested in trying out a class, e-mail me at mjen@pacbell.net.
12/10/10 4:54 AM
Bolo

Edited: 12/10/10 4:58 AM
Awesome first class. It was great to see old students whom I hadn't trained with in many years, my regular students, and a bunch of new faces all training together. Usually new schools have mostly beginning white belts, but it was great to see a brown belt, 6 purple belts, 4 blue belts, and a bunch of white belts on the mat. Every student there contributed to a great training atmosphere.
12/18/10 10:54 PM
Bolo

It's been really great having skill practitioners come train at this new school. Last week, BJJ black belt Rong Kuan came to train and said he'll try to come train once a week. This week, we have D1 wrestler Eli Sanchez training with us. He has helped some students with their wrestling and I think I may have him help our BJJ class with the Granby Roll.
12/29/10 11:00 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You back teaching the public then?
12/29/10 1:13 PM
Bolo

Yes. I was given an opportunity to teach, but without needing to concern myself with the business and sales side of running a school, so I took it.
1/6/11 7:31 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is the only way I would do it.  I thijnk it is the best way to do it unless you absolutely love the business side of it or you have to.

A guy recently hinted to me about being a business partner at his school.  I was like"nope".  I
1/27/11 2:39 AM
Bolo

The $89/month for unlimited BJJ special ends Feb. 5, so if you are interested in getting on it, do so before the 5th!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.