UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Doomsday: I have more KO power

12/9/10 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I interviewed John Howard last night over the phone while he is preparing to weigh in for his showdown with Thiago Alves.

Dave Herbert
: I take it you've watched all his fights. What do you think of his style? Are you a fan?

Doomsday: Yeah man, I'm a fan. I think he's good; he has a good game. I have a similar style, but I think I have more knockout power than he does though.

DH: Thiago has said if he hits you hard, you are going down. I take it you feel the same way?

Doomsday: I feel the same way. If I hit him hard, he is going down too. I've seen his hard hits and he doesn't hit super hard with one punch. He throws combinations. Thats his thing. If he knees you or kicks you hard thats one thing but for one hit knockouts, I just don't see it.

Full Interview Here
12/9/10 11:11 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
 war dooms!
12/9/10 11:24 PM
sonnensseringe1314
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is agree Howard has more punching power but Alves has better technique which is what will win him the fight Phone Post
12/9/10 11:30 PM
Titanium Rhino
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sonnensseringe1314 - Is agree Howard has more punching power but Alves has better technique which is what will win him the fight Phone Post

Hard to disagree with this.
12/9/10 11:42 PM
GladiatorGannon
300 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doom hits obscenely hard.
12/9/10 11:42 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alves needs this win since if he loses, thats 3 in a row.
12/9/10 11:45 PM
Titanium Rhino

BJJkilla - alves needs this win since if he loses, thats 3 in a row.

yeah :-(

The only good thing that would come out of that would be Alves going to SF and fighting Diaz or Semtex.
12/9/10 11:59 PM
French Fries Malone
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im cheering for doomsday in this one.

Alves has better technique....on paper....but who knows what will happen when they throw down.

great fight!
12/10/10 12:15 AM
Mister Bri
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very happy to see a Doomsday thread. He hits hard enough to throw anybody's game off, and there is no question he will have more gas than Alves. This will be a closer fight than many seem to believe.

War Doom.
12/10/10 12:21 AM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Titanium Rhino - 
BJJkilla - alves needs this win since if he loses, thats 3 in a row.

yeah :-(

The only good thing that would come out of that would be Alves going to SF and fighting Diaz or Semtex.

daley vs alves for the catchweight title of the world
12/10/10 12:25 AM
Titanium Rhino

Come to think of it...Diaz/Alves would be insane.
12/10/10 1:02 AM
SteveBash

3 and out rule doesn't always apply. His losses would be against Fitch and GSP. I'm sure he would have one last shot to jerk the curtain but I see him winning this fight. Hopefully he is desperate and his weight his good, which seems likely because he is with Mike Dolce. Alves with leg kicks then combos for the win. Howard will go down swingin hard for sure though. Can't wait.
12/10/10 1:40 AM
Titanium Rhino

Edited: 12/10/10 2:40 AM
Thiago will make weight for this fight. He posted this on his facebook about an hour ago.
Thiago

12/10/10 1:54 AM
cwcoogan
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Making weight is 'shocking the world' now?
12/10/10 2:39 AM
Titanium Rhino

cwcoogan - Making weight is 'shocking the world' now?

I think Pit was being sarcastic. lol
12/10/10 2:41 AM
SteveBash

@cwcoogan lol

But in all seriousness he looks in great condition. His massive pecs are gone lol but its definitely a more lean look.
I'm excited to see how big of an impact it will have on his speed and explosiveness.
12/10/10 6:16 PM
Titanium Rhino

ttt for Thiago making weight
12/10/10 6:32 PM
FIGHTMAGNET

I hope his corner men don't Blow his bloody nose again, so his Eye won't swell up like a Grapefruit, this time !!

Doomsday vs The Pitbull, I have no favorite, but this should have definitely been the Co-MainEvent !! (agree)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.