UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Roach declined to corner GSP at UFC 124

12/10/10 3:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

“Yes, they want me to go to Montreal and they want me to work the corner in some fights and so forth,” Freddie Roach told FightHubTV.com. “I respect all sports. If I can make someone a better fighter, I don’t care if it’s MMA, UFC, Manny Pacquiao, it doesn’t matter to me.

“That’s what I live for.”

The famed boxing coach would love nothing more than to whisper sweet nothings in St-Pierre’s ear in between rounds this Saturday, but Roach’s dance card was filled up a long time ago.

“He wants me to go to his fight and work his corner over in Montreal,” Roach stated. “Unfortunately, I have Amir Khan and those guys fighting on the same day [in Las Vegas], so I can’t make it. I wish him the best. He’s a great student.”

read entire article...

12/10/10 3:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so much for the left hook KO ;(
12/10/10 3:15 PM
Kirik
1601 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 So much for GSP planning to wrestle.
12/10/10 3:17 PM
MarkRobinson
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is kinda weird.
12/10/10 3:37 PM
LTL
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roach unable to corner GSP at UFC 124

More fitting title IMO.
12/10/10 3:47 PM
innovega

LTL - Roach unable to corner GSP at UFC 124

More fitting title IMO.

Yeah, Roach is training a world champion boxer. That would be like a wrestling coach missing GSP's fight if a UFC took place during the olympics.
12/10/10 3:59 PM
OuTkAsTTTTT69

Kirik -  So much for GSP planning to wrestle.

Well well mother fkers...
12/10/10 4:06 PM
Juhana

WRESTLENOW - 
rosario02 - sensationalist fucking thread title

absolutely, that is par the course for UG news however.

ain't that the truth
12/10/10 4:11 PM
sockeye
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just vote down UG news....fuckers are stupid
12/10/10 4:19 PM
Hansumboy

Reading the title I got furious and was prepared to flame BLAF for blocking Roach out of the UFC or something lol
12/10/10 4:20 PM
BJJkilla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well no shit, amir khan is fighting the same weekend. thread title makes it seem like roach didn't want to be there.
12/10/10 4:22 PM
goku

Kirik -  So much for GSP planning to wrestle.

cmon kiriki...both you and i know that gsp's main goal is the takedown..yes he has to box some, but that is not his primary plan
12/10/10 4:43 PM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw the actual interview with Roach posted in a thread here about a week or so ago. It was a great interview where he discussed George coming in to meet Manny, and how respectful George was was by sitting back and not wanting to distract Manny at all from his workout. Freddie also said Manny was well aware of Georges presence and may have been putting a little extra pop into the pads during his workout that day. He said the two hit it off well, and Georges respect and professional courtesy while in Manny's space was a rare and admirable trait.

Something like that anyways. Wish i could remember the thread to link you guys to. It was a good video. It's in here somewhere.
12/10/10 4:48 PM
BJJkilla
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - I saw the actual interview with Roach posted in a thread here about a week or so ago. It was a great interview where he discussed George coming in to meet Manny, and how respectful George was was by sitting back and not wanting to distract Manny at all from his workout. Freddie also said Manny was well aware of Georges presence and may have been putting a little extra pop into the pads during his workout that day. He said the two hit it off well, and Georges respect and professional courtesy while in Manny's space was a rare and admirable trait.

Something like that anyways. Wish i could remember the thread to link you guys to. It was a good video. It's in here somewhere.

think it's the thread about roach predicting a left hook KO win for GSP.
12/10/10 4:49 PM
sgotwalks
864 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^you're probably right.
12/10/10 5:06 PM
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - I saw the actual interview with Roach posted in a thread here about a week or so ago. It was a great interview where he discussed George coming in to meet Manny, and how respectful George was was by sitting back and not wanting to distract Manny at all from his workout. Freddie also said Manny was well aware of Georges presence and may have been putting a little extra pop into the pads during his workout that day. He said the two hit it off well, and Georges respect and professional courtesy while in Manny's space was a rare and admirable trait.

found the link for you!

12/10/10 5:19 PM
K-Dub-"T"

More fitting title IMO.

Blame TMZ News.
12/10/10 5:24 PM
Haulport

I hope GSP can take Freddie's amazing transformation of Arlovski's techniques to the next level!!!!

/sarcasm (in case you didn't get it)
12/10/10 6:11 PM
bhealthy

^good
12/10/10 7:14 PM
Mmanizzle

old news
12/10/10 11:53 PM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

l33tp33t - 

More fitting title IMO.

this.

12/11/10 12:46 AM
cweatapeach
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - 
l33tp33t - 

More fitting title IMO.

this.

Indeed.
12/11/10 12:50 AM
GNPfan
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy misleading title! Geez, Roach has prior commitments. Not like he had nothing going on and just said no like the thread title has one believe.
12/15/10 10:54 AM
anunaki
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol at people still blaming roach for AA's ill advised flying knee.

he's a boxing coach, hes not kru roach!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.