UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Just Passed the Network+ Exam...Ask Me Anything

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/10/10 8:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mulletron5000
1438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have exactly zero experience working with the network, but the course was a requirement at work. I took the test today after attending a "Boot Camp" for the past 4 days and passed. Any questions?
12/10/10 10:54 PM
Mulletron5000
1438 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I definitely think you should take it and i most certainly believe you can pass.

We were provided with the CompTIA Network + study guide, which came with a CD. I didn't even crack open the book. I put the CD in and took the practice tests over and over again until i could make it through without missing a question (about 300 questions). i did this over the course of 3 days and took the test.

I'm not sure if there are different exams for Network + or not, but I took the CompTIA one. From what i have read, it may be worth less in the eyes of employers due to it relying mostly on memory. If I were to interview on Monday and the employer asked me a networking question, I'm pretty sure I would not be able to answer them, but that is because I have no experience in the field. The positive side to that is the cert most likely helped get me into the interview.

If you have a good memory and the funds to do it...do it!

12/19/10 11:04 PM
RabbiVJ
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man Comptia still offers Net+?  i took it in 2002...man i feel old.
12/25/10 5:06 PM
HEMAN
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Government entities...such as the Department of State are asking those in IT to get Network+ and Security+. CCNA is for those interested in networks. They are also using Junipers. MCS stuff are for the sys. admins. I work as a contractor in the Dept of State as an Support Guy...I want to go to the sys. admin route.
12/26/10 6:39 PM
RabbiVJ
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HEMAN - Government entities...such as the Department of State are asking those in IT to get Network+ and Security+. CCNA is for those interested in networks. They are also using Junipers. MCS stuff are for the sys. admins. I work as a contractor in the Dept of State as an Support Guy...I want to go to the sys. admin route.

oh gawd...JunOS is the Debil!

ScreenOS...notsomuch...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.