UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Best leg lock instructionals for Noob

12/11/10 5:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm looking to add to my arsenal and I am looking for a good starting point for my leg locks. I am mostly looking for bread and butter leg locks for self defense, mainly against a bigger and stronger opponent like a wrestler.

Any thoughts?
12/12/10 2:01 PM
nowaydo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

self-defense?

Paulson or Reilly Bodycomb
12/13/10 4:19 PM
TBoy2
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erik Paulson
Reily Bodycomb
Roy Harris

I have heard that Gokor Chivichyan's leg lock encyclopedia DVD is also very good.
12/14/10 2:00 AM
kanotoa
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never heard of Reily but I saw his videos on youtube and I liked them, very well done and easy to understand. I might buy some later.
12/14/10 6:46 PM
nowaydo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokor's are good
12/17/10 10:50 AM
russkisambist
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in my leg lock dvd i adress leg locks for self defence besides normal sparring applications
12/17/10 12:29 PM
kanotoa

To clarify I want to improve my leg locks in case I get attacked by a bigger stronger guy that knows JJ. I have a hard time triagling and armbarring big guys these days but I can still catch them in leg locks in training. Also getting subs off your back is harder when a big guy is throwing bombs on your face.
12/18/10 2:34 PM
tarado4
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Kesting's approach to teaching

http://www.grapplearts.com/High-Percentage-Leglocks.php?sid=
12/18/10 3:40 PM
the rooster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got reilly's and I liked his instructional style.
12/19/10 11:44 PM
yusul
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

igor yakimov as well as vince fields had leglock dvds.
2/28/11 3:28 PM
Vincent Fields
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are several good ones out there. Here is a link to mine where you can see some sample video clips and read alot of detailed reviews:

http://www.rmata.com/Leglock_DVD.html

Also, Erik Paulson's and Gokor's are great. Igor's are excellent and while I haven't seen Reilly's instructional I've seen a few clips of him and he deffinently knows what he's doing. Good luck!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.