UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Stitches = loss of endurance

12/11/10 7:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Luk3
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hello my lovey's,

I think i have a stupid question but i will ask it anyway. So at work i hit my head on something and needed to get some stitches. it was not to bad and the doctor said i should just lay off the BJJ / Muay Thai till i got them out. Im cool with that, but the next day i just worked out (Jump Rope, Tread mill, then heavy bag) and i felt like my endurance was out the window. Couldn't even jump rope for more then 3 minutes after any easy 25 min run. I have taken a few more days off just because i felt i didn't want to f myself up for the long run.

Is this just my body putting energy into healing my f'ed up head?

Im not to worried i was just wondering if someone could share any information/Experiences.
12/12/10 2:55 AM
MattB ATC
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/12/10 3:02 AM
Couple of questions:

1) Did you lose any blood from the injury? If so, how much?
2) Were you placed on any antibiotic and/or pain medication by the physician?
3) How long between the sutures and the exercises did you have? What was your nutrition liked the day before and the day off exercise?
4) Were you evaluated for a concussion?
12/12/10 5:38 PM
Luk3
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey man, thanks for the info. Something to think about. Just got back from the gym. I did a medium workout and felt good.

I didnt think there would be any long term compications. It was just a minor cut on my head.

thanks MattB
12/12/10 6:16 PM
MattB ATC
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not problem. If you are feeling better there probably isn't much to worry about. The initial weakness could've been from poor nutrition, a reaction to medication, etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.