UnderGround Forums

HolyGround >> Why no Christian music as good as SLAYER ????

12/12/10 2:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seriously, why isn't there any good non cheesy Christian music as good as Slayer ? Slayer has all the cool riffs, but the most negative things strung together in lyrics I've ever heard....and I love the band...but hate what they pretend to represent...I need some positive music w/ Slayer quality riffs....Christian rock just isn't doing it for me...
12/13/10 10:30 AM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of POD?

I always liked Strongarm and Focused back in the day. Not metal, but still good.

My taste have drifted in my old age. Like Anberlin a lot now.
12/15/10 12:05 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uh, Stryper?
12/16/10 4:21 PM
reverend john
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slayer sucks but one of their members is a good catholic

If you like in your face hard heavy music I think six feet deep were damn good as were focused and Crucified, but Handel was a Christian artist and he pretty much blows away anything slayer ever even thought of doing

rev
12/16/10 4:50 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn't Myk Porter in Six Feet Deep? They and the Crucified rock!

Good call, Rev.
12/17/10 11:08 AM
NoStoppingDEATH

SKARHEAD - Seriously, why isn't there any good non cheesy Christian music as good as Slayer ? Slayer has all the cool riffs, but the most negative things strung together in lyrics I've ever heard....and I love the band...but hate what they pretend to represent...I need some positive music w/ Slayer quality riffs....Christian rock just isn't doing it for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyofOYhAX6w&feature=channel

Demon Hunter
12/17/10 11:14 AM
jimmy23
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

reverend john - slayer sucks 
rev
stop being such an old fuddy duddy

12/17/10 7:33 PM
reverend john
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hate metal, what can I say?

rev
12/17/10 9:24 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you think Slayer sucks...then there's no point in discussing music with....but you've always been cool w/ me Rev so we'll just leave the music stuff alone....and I'm not a fan of the newer or Nu metal out today... yeah it's well done, but it's unoriginal and is in no way harder. faster, or more extreme than the metal of the 80's and 90's....just a re-hashed rerun...just wish there was a Christian band w/ riffs and style as good as Slayer.
12/20/10 7:50 PM
drmccarty

12 stones is good Phone Post
12/28/10 7:29 PM
CapnsavemIsDead
717 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

POD and No Innocent Victim are good Christian bands. As I Lay Dying has good stuff too now. Phone Post
12/28/10 7:31 PM
CapnsavemIsDead
717 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh ya and BlessTheFall. Phone Post
12/29/10 9:30 AM
reverend john

SKARHEAD - If you think Slayer sucks...then there's no point in discussing music with....but you've always been cool w/ me Rev so we'll just leave the music stuff alone....and I'm not a fan of the newer or Nu metal out today... yeah it's well done, but it's unoriginal and is in no way harder. faster, or more extreme than the metal of the 80's and 90's....just a re-hashed rerun...just wish there was a Christian band w/ riffs and style as good as Slayer.

I come from an era when metal and punk are mortal enemies, I never moved on from that. So Slayer being metal, I hate them, simple as that. Nothing logical about it :)

rev
1/4/11 9:35 AM
CJJScout

reverend john - 

I come from an era when metal and punk are mortal enemies, I never moved on from that. So Slayer being metal, I hate them, simple as that. Nothing logical about it :)

rev

Actually, this is wonderful logic in my eyes.
1/6/11 11:50 PM
Cttech

Give ZAO a try. Their old stuff was more black metal, but their new album is more death/fast metal. Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest is AMAZING!! Let me know if you have any questions about it. Maybe not necessarily positive lyrics, but definitely not Slayer lyrics either.
1/7/11 5:22 AM
Juijitsuboxer
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out one of my favorite Christian band RED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKEpdPnpAxg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeKyOdNSi-Q
1/7/11 4:37 PM
drmccarty

Yeah Red is pretty good also Phone Post
1/7/11 6:23 PM
LoveToChoke

How about Sonata Artica? Lost horizon? Not Christian but not death or satanic metal.
1/16/11 11:51 PM
SKARHEAD

reverend john - 
SKARHEAD - If you think Slayer sucks...then there's no point in discussing music with....but you've always been cool w/ me Rev so we'll just leave the music stuff alone....and I'm not a fan of the newer or Nu metal out today... yeah it's well done, but it's unoriginal and is in no way harder. faster, or more extreme than the metal of the 80's and 90's....just a re-hashed rerun...just wish there was a Christian band w/ riffs and style as good as Slayer.

rev

I grew up loving everything. All eras of 80's-90's metal, NY Harcdcore, Punk, etc...too much good stuff in there from all those genres to turn your nose up to one entirely...although after it's all said and done Punk is definitely at the bottom of the list for me these days.
1/16/11 11:51 PM
SKARHEAD

Edited: 01/16/11 11:52 PM
-dp
1/19/11 12:14 AM
yusul
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slayer is aweful. op, couldn't you use LZ or something else?
1/29/11 3:12 AM
EKPOGI
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Living Sacrifice
1/29/11 9:53 AM
SKARHEAD

yusul - slayer is aweful. op, couldn't you use LZ or something else?

No, because while I like LZ, I love the classic Slayer riffs and overall atmosphere created.
2/23/11 9:39 PM
DyingBreed
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, living sacrifice

you may not like the vocals, but then again, tom isnt that great of a singer either, haha
3/11/11 3:47 PM
BigSherm

War Of Ages

Demon Hunter

Becoming The Archetype

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.