UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Will man ever step foot on the bottom of the ocean

12/12/10 9:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OneScoup
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oddly enough, Cire makes a living writing poll questions for FoxNews.
12/12/10 11:00 PM
reelfoot
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rhino x2 - First off I apologize about spelling and grammar on the previous post. I jump on here for fun, and english was never my best subject.

I Forgot the grammar police and gaypalin fans are around. How about post your own input dipshit?

To my point of view on this. Yes people like Palin and other RELIGIOUS and/or ULTRA conservative people aka nut jobs. In my opinion they dont want people to see proof the Earth is billions of years old not 6000yrs. They dont want people to be educated or realize evolution is real Or Global warming is real.

The woman is a fucking loon but still has supporters and followers. SCARY. She is just one example but lets use her. Imagine if she became president and how far it would set shit back. hmmmm....

Doesnt she support creationism taught in public school over evolution and or science ?

Dont get me wrong though, Im no fan of the current administration. I havent seen much out of them either.

Obama has been a shitty president, and his direction/plan with Nasa is a real idiotic move. Obama is a failure IMO aswell. Im not stupid enough to fall for the democratic or republican agenda.

I think big corporations are against technological breakthroughs aswell, for it might undermine their products/profits.

Still though lots of people who dont want stem cell research or space exploration or science.

Yes I think alot of people dont want to have advances in explorations either being in space, earth, sea or in a labratory because of fear. Alot of super xtian peole dont belive in evolution or aliens.

So I think leadership needs to support further exploration. China, India and Russia are putting money into THEIR space programs. Im not sure who is pursuing water exploration. I know lots of countries are trying to claim fresh water rights and the north pole.

On a side note though, with corporations and super wealthy. We will see more private companies or individuals do explorations. See the Virgin guy and steven Speilberg who are pushing the boundraries with private expeditions.

I think your looking for a Sarah Palin outlet. Remember she holds no office and has never done anything to damage America. She has never spent billions of our dollars on stupid projects or sent soldiers to war. Why don't you go after Barney Franks for almost single handily fucking up the housing market.
1/20/12 10:58 AM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Smug Sapien - There's no good reason for manned excursions to the bottom of the ocean IMO. Everything about it is impractical - I mean, the fact that you have to worry about the hostile environmental dangers, maintaining life support systems, the fact that the crew can't stay down there indefinitely, etc. It's extremely impractical and unnecessarily expensive.

There's not much of anything the researchers can do aboard the actual sub that can't be done from the surface anyway. You can either sit in the sub and move the manipulator arms/sample containers, or you can do the exact same thing from the surface with an ROV.

end of thread
1/25/12 4:47 PM
Cire
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^same with Everest. But, it is the last spot to be conquered. I think someone like, Sir Richard Branson, will want to waste the money to accomplish the last endeavor on Earth. Phone Post
3/21/12 3:49 PM
disbeliever
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't think so

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.