UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Call overshove with AK in this situation?

12/14/10 10:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wreckker -  Andre details are so far off its not even the same kind of hand!

Calf for brains!

easy call

LoL yeah.  completely different.  To me, I would fold the AK in the original scenario because if he wants to come after me I'll play some Phil Hellmuth trapping poker and I would think too often you are flipping there or he could have two live cards.  That being said, I mainly play SNGs and cash games so take that with a grain of salt.  The actual hand that happened is an easy call.
12/15/10 3:12 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Wega, it's still an easy call.
12/15/10 6:02 PM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR - No Wega, it's still an easy call.

It's also an easy fold that really costs you very little equity to make.  Would this be an easy call if Andre's tournament life was at stake?  I certainly agree that in nearly all hands Andre is either ahead or in a coinflip.  I also agree that overall this is a profitable call to make.
12/15/10 6:35 PM
andre
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PR and Vector,

Can you tell me a bit about my thinking on the "fictitious" hand I described in the OP?

Also, my read on an overshove, with those stack sizes...do you think I'm making sense, or am I missing a key point?

Thanks!
12/17/10 12:23 AM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well you said he made several bad plays. Clearly shoving 40bb over a 2.5bb raise is bad too. I hesitate there because sometimes people just do that with AA/KK hoping some one calls them. But because you've identified that the guy is clearly terrible. You call.

Don't forget that winning this guy's chips is basically a race between you and the good players at the table. And if you get his chips, it will give you a bigeger stack such that you can use those chips to turn them into more chips in future hands. ie. you can take spots which are +EV because you aren't as constricted by a smaller stack size.

If you aren't that confident, like if this was an unknown player, just fold and move on.
12/18/10 2:48 PM
andre
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/18/10 2:50 PM
Thanks PR. Glad to see my thinking isn't that polemical as my other plays. Lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.