UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Surgery roll call

12/14/10 7:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seong gyeong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What injury did you sustain that required surgery?

How has it affected your training? Interested to know time details too.

I'll start:

* Communited radial head fractures.

Had surgery in late August. 5 pins and a plate. Haven't been training but household chores and daily living isn't a problem at this point.
12/15/10 12:32 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

knees, shoulders. they all sucked. period.
12/15/10 7:47 AM
Seong gyeong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree surgeries suck, but I'm not sure what's worse: the physical pain or the hospital bills (even with insurance).
12/16/10 5:01 AM
Chocolate Shatner
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ACL replacement a month and a half ago. Not even stepping near the mat for at least another 6 months.
12/16/10 10:04 AM
Seong gyeong

Hope you heal well. Anyway, this article gives me hope about judo after surgery.

http://www.neoskosmos.com/news/en/Iliadis-world-champion-Tokyo

I don't have footage of when I sustained my injury, but I watch this video a lot as I recover since I basically injured my arm doing the same thing. Never again....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1JIyAcFIo
12/21/10 8:42 PM
jayflo145
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going for the record....

4 ACL replacements, 1 MCL, 5 scopes and bakers cyst removal surgery.

Judo no good for zee knees.
12/21/10 9:31 PM
Chocolate Shatner
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus jayflo, someone needs to take up Tai Chi or something.
12/21/10 10:28 PM
jayflo145
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chocolate Shatner - Jesus jayflo, someone needs to take up Tai Chi or something.

I am now a master armchair quarterback, my knees ache so I now tell others how to do...

But once in a blue moon (great beer) I get into very heated 'old guy' 45 second hardcore judo scrap that leads to a cold beer!
12/22/10 12:40 PM
nowaydo
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 elbow surgeries

2 ACL surgeries

1 nose surgery
12/22/10 7:09 PM
Chocolate Shatner

jayflo145 - 
Chocolate Shatner - Jesus jayflo, someone needs to take up Tai Chi or something.

I am now a master armchair quarterback, my knees ache so I now tell others how to do...

But once in a blue moon (great beer) I get into very heated 'old guy' 45 second hardcore judo scrap that leads to a cold beer!

Ah, you have perfected your "O Kuchi Waza". You are now ready for your red and white belt.
12/22/10 8:58 PM
Seong gyeong

Damn, jayflo and nowaydo, I admire you guys for continuing to train despite all those injuries. There's a small part of me that wants to go back to BJJ exclusively--never got injured training. But at this point I've been doing judo longer, and I think I've come to love it more.

For what it's worth, I trained last night. Nothing strenuous: just light uchi komi for the most part. Feels good to be off the couch, but won't even think about randori for at least a couple more months.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.