UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mark Bocek/Dustin Hazelett rubber guard breakdown

12/14/10 1:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EddieBravo
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/14/10 1:52 PM
10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, www.thetwister.tv

12/14/10 2:05 PM
Flyers179
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice vid. I especially like all the action figures hung up on the wall.
12/14/10 2:10 PM
kemist

Awesome, thanks for this!
12/14/10 2:15 PM
ajsr
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at the dog wandering around
jujubre
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interresting
Kirik
1364 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 ttt
12/14/10 2:17 PM
MotorBoater85

Fo lates ...
12/14/10 2:23 PM
OscarG
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really good video. big fan of the rubber guard as a system. are there any 10th planet affiliates outside of cali? in georgia perhaps?
12/14/10 2:28 PM
NeoSpartan
557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucking awesome. Thank you! One comment: Someone should edit clips of the fight into that for a more effective comparison.
12/14/10 2:32 PM
NorthFromHere
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great analysis. Thanks Eddie.
12/14/10 2:35 PM
AnotherTMAguy
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later.
12/14/10 2:38 PM
Putin
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i did hear 'jew claw'???
12/14/10 2:41 PM
Jsteven
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snarl Snatch - Much as I don't like rubber guard...I can't find anything wrong with anything Eddie's saying. He's right.

maybe you should have seen this before you trashed him, his system, and people he has promoted in the other thread.
12/14/10 2:43 PM
None So Blind
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tttfl

Given how well received the Gracie brothers (Rener and Ryron) have been with their reviews/explanations/critiques of high-profile fights, this seems like a no-brainer for Eddie to get his style out there and discuss its finer points.
12/14/10 2:45 PM
BrCutter
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie, is there something the bottom player using rubber guard could do besides use speed to clear the head when the other leg is stuck in a butterfly?  That seems like a crapshoot (I'm not trying to sound derogatory, just it's 50-50 who wins that battle I'd say).  Would you suggest that the bottom guy bail on the rubber guard and pop off to another guard until they have the right conditions to use the rubber guard?  Thanks

Ps, I don't play the rubber guard, but I do like that you've explored other means of jiu jitsu and it's always pretty interesting.  
12/14/10 2:51 PM
Jessethebandit

If you go to rubber guard and your foot is stuck and you're trying to do the kung fu move chances are the person on top has already passed in to side control before you would realize and have time to go back to butterfly guard or full guard.
12/14/10 2:54 PM
letsgobois

That's when you take your knife out and stab his eyes.
12/14/10 2:55 PM
K-Dub-"T"

Jsteven - 
Snarl Snatch - Much as I don't like rubber guard...I can't find anything wrong with anything Eddie's saying. He's right.

maybe you should have seen this before you trashed him, his system, and people he has promoted in the other thread.
No shit....... lol.

12/14/10 3:00 PM
TalkShowOnMute
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't utilize much rubberguard when rolling, but I do think the transition from mission control to chill dog to the the omaplata or carni is money. I catch it often.

My question to Eddie is, which leg do you prefer to hook when submitting with the Carni and why? I see in the instructionals and in the video here you hook Einstein's far leg with your leg that is trapped. I have tried it both ways...hooking his farside leg with my ankle joint like you are, and curling my leg towards me and hooking his near-side leg. Both worked but guys have rolled out of both on a few occasions, is one side more secure IYO?
12/14/10 3:15 PM
GMUNIT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great explanation
12/14/10 3:16 PM
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JKDU--MMA For The Street, BJJ, Kali, President
i was working on this yesterday, trying to recreate Bocek's pass. It seems to me that the key point was that Bocek kept his head so low at Hazlett's right rib that there was no way to finish the kung fu move. He kept going for it, but Bocek's position prevented the foot from going under the chin, which is what would normally keep someone from passing the "3/4" guard. Great tactics by Bocek against another great grappler.
12/14/10 3:19 PM
BrCutter
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jessethebandit - If you go to rubber guard and your foot is stuck and you're trying to do the kung fu move chances are the person on top has already passed in to side control before you would realize and have time to go back to butterfly guard or full guard.

Yeah man, that's pretty much what I think as well, but Eddie didn't say it was a mistake to continue to do the kung fu in that situation, but it was a speed battle.  
12/14/10 3:33 PM
MurdochIRL
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4later
12/14/10 3:41 PM
MoreThanUFC

Eddie, do you think with McCorkle's size and ancestory, that he show focus less on Kimuras and more on Jew claws?
12/14/10 3:44 PM
ArmbarKing
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the whole thing is a moot point against Bocek.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.