UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jardine amongst fighters unpaid by Nemesis

12/14/10 2:24 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

The card that took place in Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic last weekend has resulted in the fighters not being paid, and the situations seems to be getting uglier by the minute.

Several former UFC fighters appeared on the card including Keith Jardine, Paul Buentello, Eliot Marshall and Kerry Schall. MMAWeekly.com has been able to confirm with at least 8 of the fighters on the card that while checks were handed out, all of them have bounced, and no one has been paid.

Coach Mike Winkeljohn, who is the other lead coach at Team Jackson/Winkeljohn in New Mexico, spoke about the problems with MMAWeekly Radio on Monday night.

“As far as I know none of the fighters got paid,” said Winkeljohn who worked with fighters like Keith Jardine and John Dodson on the card. “I believe they all got handed checks, but the checking account bounced those checks, it did not have any money in it, so a lot of fraud involved and it’s real upsetting. It’s a black eye to the sport. They promise these guys one thing and do the other.”

read entire article...

12/14/10 2:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MotorBoater85
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Get these fuckers ...

I absolutely HATE seeing these threads/articles.  People making money off of a fighters blood and sweat.

Makes me sick.
12/14/10 2:34 PM
MahatmaPetey
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's horrible.
12/14/10 4:18 PM
rjhartman

Good job putting this unethical promoters name out there for all the fighters to see so they dont get caught up in his next screw-job. Hope everything works out for these fighters.
12/14/10 4:20 PM
Chris Power
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's pretty sad that fighters essentially have to demand cold, hard cash upfront if they want any 100% assurance they're getting paid for a lot of these organizations.
12/14/10 4:21 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
1132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not cool at all
12/14/10 4:25 PM
Golden Boy
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heard the fighters now own the rights for broadcast.
12/14/10 4:40 PM
Mmanizzle

another Goodridge incident?  Jeebus, come on man...
12/14/10 7:45 PM
Gorilla Shark
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mmanizzle -  another Goodridge incident?  Jeebus, come on man...

I hope it works out, but situation might actually be worse

http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/12/14/nemesis-fighting-allegedly-hasnt-paid-jardine-buentello-e-marshall-dodson-and-more/
12/14/10 8:32 PM
mugatu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brutal
12/14/10 8:38 PM
DamonMMAWeekly
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just interviewed Paul Buentello about this whole thing and he really broke it down.

No timekeeper

No doctor

Fighters in the back rubbing icy hot on their bodies to get "warmed up" until Mario Yamasaki told them they had to shower.

And a group of Puerto Rican fighters that stormed the promoter's hotel room and almost went Scarface on him.

I'll have the full story up on MMAWeekly later and the radio interview will be up on iTunes in a few hours.
12/14/10 8:54 PM
Gorilla Shark
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamonMMAWeekly - I just interviewed Paul Buentello about this whole thing and he really broke it down.

No timekeeper

No doctor

Fighters in the back rubbing icy hot on their bodies to get "warmed up" until Mario Yamasaki told them they had to shower.

And a group of Puerto Rican fighters that stormed the promoter's hotel room and almost went Scarface on him.

I'll have the full story up on MMAWeekly later and the radio interview will be up on iTunes in a few hours.

good stuff

we'll have something up soon from talking with Francisco "Kiko" France, Jardine's opponent. quite a mess.
12/14/10 8:56 PM
Roy Batty
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT so justice can be served!
12/14/10 9:41 PM
Waterbottle

Freezing Winds - the event was in DR, what do you expect?

seriously, fighters doing that shit better get some money up front

Nah the DR has put on great MMA shows for the past 5 years that I've been here. Nemesis is fucked right now. I was suppose to be in the corner of one of my guys on this card but couldn't get in for reasons i don't want to get into. Some promoters are just fucked up. The ones that i have dealt with here in the DR have paid my fighters on time (usually the following day or the same day). Its really gona suck if these guys don't get paid, trust me when I say this the Dominicans that fought on this card are very poor, and work hard in the gym every single day. Believe that cause I know all of them that fought on this card!
12/14/10 9:55 PM
Peckerwood

What were the results?? Sherdog doesn't even a record of this show taking place. Did the fights actually happen?
12/14/10 10:40 PM
Gorilla Shark

http://prommanow.com/index.php/2010/12/14/exclusive-francisco-kiko-france-talks-about-his-nightmare-at-nemesis/
12/14/10 11:45 PM
Tyler Toner
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those results aren't accurate.
From the top of my head, this is what I remember:

Eliot fought Chris McNally (I believe), who took the fight on short notice. Eliot armbarred him in the first.
Travis Marx fought a Dominican kid with pretty sharp standup, and Marx got robbed in the decision.
Terry Martin won his fight by KO, I believe, but it wasn't Marcus Hicks who he fought.
Kyle Seals got armbarred by Mike Nickels, who took the fight on short notice.
John Dodson beat John Moraga by decision.
Chaun Sims beat Oscar Sosa by 3rd round armbar in the most poorly officiated fight I've ever seen in my life.

The fact that the show was a total shitshow is completely accurate, however.
12/14/10 11:47 PM
Gorilla Shark

Tyler's results sound about right. Dodson said he won via decision (and the fight went almost 18 minutes instead of 15 because they didn't have a time keeper) and Marx got a raw deal against a local fighter.
12/15/10 12:00 AM
Gorilla Shark

Dale Doback -  Jardines oppenent tweeted that he was greasing if I remember correctly. 

he addresses that in the link I posted above
12/15/10 7:11 AM
DeanLister
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damm I had a feeling something like this was going to happen, thank god I didn't fight in this event...

Too bad for all the fighters who trained and fought and weren't paid

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.