UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Street Justice???

12/14/10 7:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tower1
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thought the below quote could spark some debate amongst OG law experts.

"in certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, its an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment."
12/15/10 8:35 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep, I completely agree with natural justice. Drunk driver kills someone, gets a couple of years in prison...yeah, needs to go bye bye. Someone gets off a murder rap because they had a good attorney or someone in forensics screwed up when they had them dead to rights, yep, needs to go bye bye. Baby rapers...prison is too good for them...need to go bye bye.

Certain times I just agree with natural justice. I also agree with beating people for information. Parents who kill their kids and want to play games with law enforcement...IE Casey Anthony or those like her...yeah, beat them until they give you the info. If they lie, come back and beat them again, if they lie again, repeat process.

But then again, most will probably disagree with me
12/16/10 10:54 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you kill someone because they allegedly wronged your family, how do you think their family is going to respond?
12/16/10 10:56 AM
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Next-of-Kin-Poster.jpg
12/16/10 11:51 AM
Subadie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Otherwise Charles Bronson movies would not have been so awesome
12/16/10 12:20 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares how their family responds. It's more than likely their "family" covering for them to begin with. Wive's, parents, girlfriends etc... cover for criminals daily, IE Casey Anthony's family.

We had a case around here a few years back where the husband took the kids, told the ex wife she would never see them again and refused to tell her where they were. SOOOO they got him for kidnapping, he's in prison for kidnapping and still is not talking. Admits, YEP I have the kids but you'll never find out where they are. In this case, you torture him for the information, if he lies, you come back and torture him again. Repeat process until you have results.
12/16/10 2:00 PM

Edited: 12/16/10 2:01 PM
Are you saying nobody would care if a family member of the guy you killed for wronging your family killed you for wronging his family?
12/17/10 11:21 PM
Dojosensei

Oh I'm sure an act of violence towards them would in turn require an act of violence towards the person looking for revenge. Then you have the Hatfields and McCoys by the time it's done. Insert the Wakefield/Carter feud from the Andy Griffith Show. Been going on so long no one remembers why it started.
12/17/10 11:30 PM
tower1
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought I believed in "natural justice," but now I'm reminded of the saying, "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will leave everybody blind and toothless."
12/17/10 11:41 PM
Shaz

And what if the person you think committed the crime actually didn't and you kill an innocent person?
12/20/10 2:10 PM
Subadie

Shaz, of course a prosecutor would say this. But tell the truth. In your heart, you really liked Dirty Harry, didnt you ?
12/23/10 12:20 PM
Cookie Monster
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shaz - And what if the person you think committed the crime actually didn't and you kill an innocent person?

This!

That's the problem with street justice. Its most often carried out to the extreme by people who are emotionally charged and have incomplete information.
12/27/10 9:11 AM
Subadie

You are both tainted by real life. For those who have no experience with that, we can still enjoy the Boondock Saints. Have your jobs spoiled this to you ?
12/29/10 7:56 AM
Dojosensei

Well, criminal justice system (prosecutors) sure as hell go after someone, gee how many innocent people did they put in prison for life or worse? DNA is a bitch nowadays. Problem is, society, the system, attorneys and humans are all flawed. If you knew they killed your family and I mean KNEW they did, yeah, they go. If there was any doubt, you shouldn't act but let the justice system prevail, if it is capable of doing so.
12/29/10 4:11 PM

Which is the lesser evil?
12/29/10 11:30 PM
jbapk

"criminal justice system (prosecutors) sure as hell go after someone, gee how many innocent people did they put in prison for life or worse?"

+

"Problem is, society, the system, attorneys and humans are all flawed."

=

"If you knew they killed your family and I mean KNEW they did,"

flawless logic

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.