UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

12/20/10 5:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GenericAmerican
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/20/10 5:53 PM
I'm not taking sides on this one, just posting info. Someone earlier was commenting on the language skills. Here is a post from David Lang on the above photo comment thread, if any of your experts want to weigh in:

Esta é a dois alunos no segundo dia .... dar-lhes alguma graça. todos são bem vindos para treinar para não insultar. obrigado.
12/20/10 5:52 PM
NCAA92
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GenericAmerican - 
Alumynabjj - 
GenericAmerican - This thread is double-entertaining because we either have two outlandish fakers, or two super awesome guys.

This is the truth. Except when i go back to his site and see pics like those below, I really lean to the whole faker angle.

http://www.langmma.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=87298773

http://www.langmma.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=86935021

I can see you are already having some fun with them:
(from www.langmma.com photo comments, after they try to explain what technique is being shown)
Alumyna
01:31 PM on December 20, 2010 How is that the wrong foot? The technique is incorrect in almost every possible way yet I don't see how he is using the wrong foot. The guy on top has both hands on the ground. Seems he can do this from either side.
Also, I am not a student or follower of Eddie Bravo so please don't reply with terms such as "chili dog", "mission control", hobo blowjob", or any other stupid made up name.
His response in portuguese

This is
the two students on the second day .... give them some grace.
all are welcome to train for not insulting.
Thank you.

12/20/10 5:54 PM
GenericAmerican
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By the way, it's one thing to ask him to prove himself, but taking shots at photos of students is a bit low. I'm sure the best schools in the world have photos of new students making mistakes.
12/20/10 6:11 PM
Tartan warrior
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for mmaguy
12/20/10 6:15 PM
tio te
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More horrible Portuguese. He clearly is using some kind of online translator. This guy is fake as they come.

Why is he pretending to be Brazilian? This is not helping his cause, lol
12/20/10 6:18 PM
andre
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant believe some people were even giving him a remote chance of being legit. lol
12/20/10 6:24 PM
Jump Kick
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His English is very good except for a few brasilianisms thrown in which seems inauthentic. Also his statement that he will be vindicated by god seemed outlandish and inappropriate yet well spoken. Both guys appear to be suspect IMO. If I am wrong I would actually be pleased in this case. -jk Jittaz yes let me know how to get it to you. Phone Post
12/20/10 6:26 PM
mmaguy30
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am stopped for dinner ata dennys outside ft mead. 1 1/2 hours to our hotel....

I have some intresting stuff forr you guys....
12/20/10 6:28 PM
tio te
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Apparently, some people are still holding on to hope.
12/20/10 6:34 PM
Terraform
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why wait for god when you can post your shit and be vindicated by everybody else too.

Although that did sound like some brazilian hippy shit ive heard before im not putting down my pitch fork and torch dammit.
12/20/10 6:34 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
12/20/10 6:35 PM
Cueball B
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - I am stopped for dinner ata dennys outside ft mead. 1 1/2 hours to our hotel....

I have some intresting stuff forr you guys....

*faps furiously, without the slightest regard for bystanders*
12/20/10 6:36 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJkilla - his MMA record is still bullshit, only two of his amateur fights were found.

That IMO is not unexpected, I know alot of guys who have 2-10 fights missing (esp amatuer fights) or incorrect with the results on their records according to the internetz.
12/20/10 6:37 PM
gibboau
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I admit I was sold on his legitimacy because MMAguy said he was almost certain. But when he said "site of web" or similar my 1st thought was that he is trying too hard to seem foreign. Phone Post
12/20/10 6:47 PM
GenericAmerican

Maybe he is the long lost legend, NINOPLATA!! CRY JIU JITSU!!!!!
12/20/10 7:44 PM
Cheggers
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Buys ticket to sub-central Phone Post
12/20/10 7:50 PM
rbl
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/20/10 7:54 PM

How did this happen?

Anyway his judo teacher seems to be a French guy. From France. 

edit: Also do real Brazilians ever say stuff like "dar-lhes"? And has anyone heard of a brazilian BB charging $20 for privates?
12/20/10 8:02 PM
andre
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually, I think he spelled parabens right. I had seen it spelled parabems.
12/20/10 8:16 PM
BMKBA

This guy is a fakeee, i cant believe i can follow another epic thread. god bless the ug and mmaguy
12/20/10 8:44 PM
GenericAmerican

Has it been 1 1/2 hours yet? Tell your wife you have to pull over at the next Starbucks so you can update a bunch of strangers on the internet about some other guys they've never met.

But, seriously, I'm waiting.
12/20/10 8:51 PM
jacktripper

something tells me this guy says "my fren" a lot
12/20/10 9:01 PM
Beach Warrior

Checked in at Grand Central SubStation - rode the 1-12page trane and ready for the update....
12/20/10 9:06 PM
mmaguy30
198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok gents. I'm all snuggled into a Holiday inn Express. (therefore I will be able to just about anything...)

This morning as I was leaving I had an odd thought...

How did this reach the cousins gym in Brazil and get back to me so fast, it seemed a bit "convenient".

And there were other things that just stuck out as out of place.

The language thing started to seem more and more off...

So I checked the IP address of the email I got "from brazil" vouching for Mr. Lang. it came back to a frontiernet server in central NY.

Thats ALL I was able to get from it, I dont know who really sent it, but I do know for a fact it came from Central NY and not Brazil.

Almost simultaneously I got a FB msg from a VERY respected member of the MMA and Wrestling community. This person has asked me not to name him as part of this. I have an immense amount of respect for this man, and many others here do as well.

His msg states that he is 100% sure that Dave Lang is NOT a Black Belt. his personal feeling is that he got any BB he has from a mail order catalog.

I will send info to NCAA92 that will prove this communication between me and this unnamed source.

I also got another anonymous FB msg from a newly created blank FB account. The msg said that the person knew for a fact that Dave was not legit. The person could offer no other facts or proof and failed to identify him/her self.

The FB account has since been deleted, its almost not worth mentioning.

Initially during my communications with Dave he refused to make me a FB friend, and only communicated with me via FB msg's he stated " i only allow friends and family on my page"

After I posted my "teaser" from the road this morning, he friended me. What this means I dont know... odd to me.

Here is what I do know SO FAR.

The guy seems very respectful, slightly religious, and passionate about the sport.

he has a gym, and a few students of his have done fairly well at some local tournys.

All of his communications with me has been very civil, open, forthcoming and direct. he has exhibited NONE of the usual characteristics of these frauds.

AND...

An EXTREMELY respected member of the community says he KNOWS the guy is not legit.

Something about the language thing does not fir

There are some time line issues I will explore in my next post

There is NOTHING out there about this guy.

NO-ONE has ever heard of him (that has come forward YET)

continued....
12/20/10 9:08 PM
Jump Kick
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes MOAR
12/20/10 9:11 PM
BMKBA

amazing

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.