UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

12/20/10 9:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NCAA92
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awaiting the info
12/20/10 9:18 PM
NCAA92
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got it hold on reading it now
12/20/10 9:19 PM
mmaguy30
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

plan of action.

I am going right to the source.

I will be typing up one of my famous "20 Questions" for Mr. lang here in a few.

Additionally I am trying to find a way to communicate with Walid Directly. I will ask him about Mr. Lang and post any response I getr here. Hopefully I will be able to Submit to him the answers to my questions posed to Mr. Lang...

If anyone has an idea on contacting Walid directly please let me know.

Now lets be clear...

I think there are definite reasons to be suspicious of this mans BJJ claims. There is enough things that create questions that I think a reasonable person would not be wrong to ask about these things and seek clarification.

I hold no ill will towards Mr. Lang, and reiterate the fact that so far he has been respectful, humble, and seemingly sincere. So far he has come off as a very respectable man.

If it does turn out that he is indeed a legit BB under Walid, then I will be sure to make it well known here. I dont feel I have done or said anything disrespectful, and will not. This guy is not acting like a Matt Malice dope, A john Decyk fat idiot toughguy, or a undefeated prison bitch fucktard, and so far deserves to be treated with respect.

HOWEVER, if it turns out he is in fact a fraud, or lying, I am going to lead a very direct assault on his reputation and name.
12/20/10 9:24 PM
puss'nmitts
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No idea if this guy is a fake or not, but if he is, then this is probably the most amazing and hilarious thing I have ever heard. I think a lot of these fakers really believe their own bullshit. To fake a black belt is one thing, but to fake being a Brazilian is a whole new level of delusion.
12/20/10 9:29 PM
mortician
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt.
12/20/10 9:29 PM
BMKBA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAguy, ur to smart bro. bravo. big fan
12/20/10 9:32 PM
Top Team
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj - 
Top Team - Who is your instructor AlumBJJ? Phone Post

Helio Soneca. He knows most of your guys with ATT and is real tight with Renato Tavares.

I know RT real well. I've trained at his gym in stewart. He has a very aggressive style but I like it. It makes you tough or quit. Anyways, they all fo back for the holidays. I'm about to Facebook him to see if he knows anything about this guy.
12/20/10 9:32 PM
MrSmiff
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just found this gem....good read and there's so much more potential.
12/20/10 9:33 PM
NCAA92

OK, I read the message MMAGUY sent me. It is from a VERY reliable source. I actually know him from wrestling in that area. He asked not to be named, and I will respect that. Without disclosing the whole message the most important quotes were "this guy is definitely not a BJJ Black-Belt" and that he is a "local guy"

12/20/10 9:36 PM
NCAA92

And also thanks to MMAGuy for including me :)  
12/20/10 9:38 PM
mmaguy30
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The questions I am now sending to Mr. Dave Lang

Mr Lang,

I am sure you are following to unfolding "controversy" on MMA.tv concerning your Black Belt under Walid Ismail Claims.

I intend to help put the issue to rest.

I do hope you understand the reasons there are questions surrounding your status in BJJ, and hope you feel I ask these questions with complete respect.

I have an intense love for both the sport of Brazilian jiu Jitsu, and Mixed martial Arts. I have in the past worked very hard to keep frauds from "watering down" either sport, and tarnishing the sports with false claims, when so many work so very hard to achieve great things in both.

below you will find a few simple and very direct questions. I plan to post these questions and your responses on mma.tv

I am sure you see that this is a first and very inportatn step towards clearing your name of any wrongdoing.

I also hope you understand I ask out of love for the sport.

I feel that the questions are ones that any legitimate black Belt and practitioner would have NO problem answering directly and honestly.

1. What rank (belt) in Brazilian Jiu jitsu do you hold

2. Under who did you achieve this rank (belt)

3. When and were did you receive this rank (belt)

4. At what age did you begin training in Brazilian JJ

5. Are you from Brazil or another country?

6. If so, When did you come to the US?

7. How old are you?

8. What is you relationship to Walid Ismail

9. How long have you trained under Walid Ismail?

10. Did he promote you ever DIRECTLY

11. Have you ever competed in any major BJJ competitions,

12. If so could you name a few and aprox dates as well as any medals won?

13. Have you ever competed as a Black Belt? (were and when, medal(s)?

14. What is you current MMA record (please separate pro and amateur)

15. Under what organizations have you fought?

16. Have you ever fought for a title belt and if so when and in what organization?

17. Could you detail any other martial arts training you have as well as any belts held, under who and since when?

18. Have you personally promoted any students in any Martial Art, if so could you provide any details.

19. Could you provide contact info for Walid Ismail (I will NOT post it publicly)

20. Is there anything you would like the community to know about you?

Please remember, I ask these questions with the utmost respect. I dont mean to pry into your personal life, and of course I AM NOT demanding answers. I and many others feel these are reasonable questions and that the vast majority of legitimate martial arts practitioners would have no problem answering them.

I respectfully await your response, patiently,

Phil
12/20/10 9:39 PM
MoreThanUFC

mmaguy30 for UGer of the year!

Jump Kick
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Local Guy" - it sort of has a ring to it.

-jk
Beach Warrior

Batman now has his Robin :)
12/20/10 9:42 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't wallis have an email addy? Phone Post
12/20/10 9:42 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stupid iPhone. Wallid I mean Phone Post
12/20/10 9:44 PM
mmaguy30

Interesting things I would like to point out...

He says he graduated Cortland in 2000

His wife graduated High school in 2003

he stated to me earlier he has been practicing BJJ for 15 years

15 Years ago was 1995ish

To grad Cortland in 2000 you would have to start in 1996 ish?

How do you get a BB under Walid in Brazil?

Did he leave the US and go back after graduation?
12/20/10 9:45 PM
Jump Kick
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If this thread leads to ANY audio or video from Walid, it will be untouchable.  If the audio/video contains an outburst it might be thread of the year.

-jk
12/20/10 9:47 PM
mmaguy30

Fuck... great minds think alike... Just got your pm alumnybjj..

I had the same thoughts on the timeline.

The english is something else, it alomost seems put on.

Like someone is trying VERY hard to sound brazilian
12/20/10 9:54 PM
NCAA92

NCAA92 - 

I was gonna post this last night, but choose not to after MMAGUY's post. I am not accusing anyone. BUT....his facebook said he graduated from SUNY Cortland in 2000 (ten years ago. Something doesn't add up. He looks like he is in his 30's. He has been in the states since he at least went to college (in 2000) subtract 4 years of college thats a minimum of 14 years in the states. So he must of been a VERY young BB if he recieved it in Brazil before coming to the States. Unless the dates are wrong, or he is older than he looks. If wrong, I stand corected.

ummmmm now MMAGUY is stealing my deductive reasoning :)

Plus when I went there I did not know any professors that spoke Portuguese, must of been difficult translating

12/20/10 9:55 PM
BJJkilla
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he's done an epic troll job
12/20/10 9:59 PM
mmaguy30

didnt see that post... but it looks like now 3 of us have picked up on the very same thing.

Now there could be a easy explanation for that timeline that still gets him a BB under Walid, but... it definitely is one of the things that makes asking these questions COMPLETELY reasonable.
12/20/10 10:00 PM
Sober
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jump Kick -  If this thread leads to ANY audio or video from Walid, it will be untouchable.  If the audio/video contains an outburst it might be thread of the year.

-jk

12/20/10 10:04 PM
mmaguy30

So lets say he got his Black in Brazil.. BEFORE Cortland? a BB in the states under Walid for 15+ YEARS!!! (and no one has heard of him?)

SO that seems unlikley... how about this... he trains a bit in Brazil prior to Cortland, say he is maybe a purple or brown... comes to the states, 4 years College at Cortlad, and then immediatly returns to Brazil, the 4 years away from the sport has no affect and he is able to pick up Black in how long? When did her return to the US, marry his (in 2003 18 years old) wife, open a gym and still none hears of him till now?
12/20/10 10:07 PM
GenericAmerican
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how this is going in a strange order. We assumed he was a fraud, then confirmed he was legit, now are investigating his seeming illegitimacy.

I'll be watching for additional developments. I'm always tempted to join in on some of the "advanced" research, because I have access to investigation tools/programs, but it would be illegal to use without justification (even though it's unlikely to be tracked). Still, I'm always tempted. I'll hold out until it's really worth it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.