UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

1/22/13 5:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hingeunhinged
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/22/13 9:25 AM
DeuceDroppin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice bro! $22 is a pretty decent price for an American Apparel shirt! Phone Post
1/22/13 12:34 PM
Edelweiss
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeuceDroppin - Nice bro! $22 is a pretty decent price for an American Apparel shirt! Phone Post
It would be hilarious to see someone at the gym in a dave lang shirt. Phone Post
1/22/13 11:01 PM
weslionsmith

OK, time to eat my words here.  I got a little overzealous, came off sounding like an idiot, got rightfully tormented.  However I would like to say my douche comment was mainly directed at the one member who told me to STFU despite having a join date and post status not much higher than my own.  Not saying my hate was justified, just saying it wasn't directed at everyone.  However I think I have a great lead to redeem myself but I wanted to ask here before I make my own thread to ensure it isn't a waste of everyone's time.  Has anyone ever heard of Joey Perry in Jonesboro, Arkansas and his martial arts academy or has it already been covered or does someone have definite proof he's legit.  If not then I think I have the perfect source for a new thread that may meet mmaguy's generous offer for a successful new fake BB thread.  The man claims to be a fifth degree BB, he mainly claims Taekwondo and Karate but also claims to have trained under Royce Gracie at one point and claims to have competed and won in many prestigious sounding competitions. However a search for info only gives a couple of results, one showing a 0-2-0 record here and a 0-0-0 record elsewhere. Forums on topix for our town result in many posts stating that he doesn't seem legit and abuses contracts to suck as much money out of unsuspecting students as possible.  Also there was a very controversial murder of a man named Marc Despain in our town, his wife Michelle is on trial for being part of the conspiracy to murder him.  Now this next part I have only heard rumors of, so before I get slapped with any kind of defamation suit or anything, I have ABSOLUTELY NO proof it is true.  It is merely rumors that I have heard from others.  Those rumors are that Michelle was having an affair with Mr. Perry around the time of Marc's murder.  I'm thinking this could be an epic fake BB thread.  His website is http://joeyperrysma.com/   Would anyone please let me know if this is worth following up on so I can make a new thread dedicated to it or if I am wasting my time?

1/23/13 1:56 AM
weslionsmith

mmaguy30 - Maybe you misunderstand my posts... the questions I asked were taken were from a very popular movie "stepbrothers" and in it, 2 men find they have more and more in common, (such as the mutual desire to beat off to Good Housekeeping and the shared urge to fuck John Stamos)

As I was reading your posts, I was trying to insinuate that we could become best friends, due to our like minded thought...

(I dont want to fuck John Stamos... I do want to shove my teepee right up skyfeathers ass, but I digress)

However, after you calling me and my pals "the douche squad", I will reserve judgment, and hold off on riding into the mists of Avaolon together...riding majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale, at least for now or until you demonstrate the ability to understand our humor and react accordingly.

Wasn't dissing you, let my anger hit me too fast from the STFU from another low poster and reacted foolishly.  Personally I think the majority of your stuff is hilarious and I will be glad to answer some of it tmw.  Oh, and also, I am a lover of cars and if I understood right you own a Shelby Cobra.  Bad-fucking-to-the-ASS. True respect.  My family sells exotics.  Check out www.eliteautosllc.com.  Jimmie is my father, Shelby is my brother.  Now that I've had the time to chill and stop acting stupid, any assistance on my post on Joey Perry?  From what I've seen (I've seen him at the store I work at many times, and some of those times I would SWEAR he was high as hell), heard and suspect, he might be the next epic thread.

1/23/13 1:57 AM
weslionsmith

Oh and stepbrothers is the Shiznit, but sadly my DVD is scratched beyond repair and I am starting to forget many lines.

1/23/13 2:23 AM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking at his site, I don't see anything that strikes me as odd -just a typical TMA school. I also didn't really notice any over the top claims. He doesn't claim to hold any BJJ ranking, just that he's taken some classes from Royce. As far as tkd stuff, who knows.. I've heard of tkd mcdojo's giving 11-12 year olds black belts after less than 2 years of training, so a middle-aged 5th deg. tkd bb doesn't sound outrageous.
1/23/13 2:34 AM
weslionsmith

UGCTT_sideshowsteve - Looking at his site, I don't see anything that strikes me as odd -just a typical TMA school. I also didn't really notice any over the top claims. He doesn't claim to hold any BJJ ranking, just that he's taken some classes from Royce. As far as tkd stuff, who knows.. I've heard of tkd mcdojo's giving 11-12 year olds black belts after less than 2 years of training, so a middle-aged 5th deg. tkd bb doesn't sound outrageous.

Understandable, like I said my knowledge on a lot of this is limited.  What really got my attention is that in person he looks sadly out of shape, the rumors with Michelle Despain, and the claims to training with Royce as well as the statements on topix that he charged someone 700 dollars for supposedly terminating a contract with his school.  I understand terminating a contract is an issue, but a 700 dollar issue?  Also that he really did appear blazingly high while in my store one time, and to be honest I used to be a pot smoker so I am well aware what a stoner looks like while high.  On his page, go to instructors and click his name and look at all the various things he claims to have competed in.  Again, not knowing much I may be wrong, but if he competed and was successful in all these various tournaments, wouldn't there be more results for his name online?  Also one final question, isn't claiming stuff that turns out to be BS while training everything from beginner children to experienced adults still warranted as BS deserving of a UG smackdown?  Oh and the 700 dollar claim on Topix isn't the only damaging claim, granted I realize Topix is a target for smacktalkers, but many of the statements I found on this page are so harsh that it seems like he has for some reason or other brought the vicious hate on himself with something vile.  Also while on his page the only ninja remark is a class for kids called little ninjas which may just be a marketing ploy, I have seen his van and it suggests that Ninjitsu is taught at his school.  Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't ninjas men who are trained in other martial arts who are simply well-trained assassins with experience in disguises, poisons, bombs, etc?  Sounds like complete BS to me or at least someone who is hyping a more common martial art into something meant to suck those lacking in martial arts knowledge into paying for his class.  Also while I haven't been inside, those pics look like an awfully nice and large dojo for something that is contained in a strip mall.

1/23/13 2:40 AM
weslionsmith

And being a lifelong resident, I can tell you with full certainty, the location is a generic strip mall.  It does contain Hastings and Old Navy, but also contains run of the mill, small time businesses like Deals, RC Hobbies, etc.  And if I remember correctly, which I will drive by tmw for a refresher for myself, doesn't that look like a nice, large, elaborate dojo for a martial arts school located in one of the smaller corner lots of the strip mall.  Also while the Ernie Reyes website certification he claims does mention him, it is NOT one of the check marked schools on the Ernie Reyes site which elevate said schools to a bonafide legitimate school under that organization.  They even mention that each school is privately owned and operated as if to take any potential blame off themselves.

1/23/13 2:49 AM
weslionsmith

Crap, I'm forgetting one thing, sorry for the frequent posts, wanting to make sure I get everything presented.  I am not saying I can't find anything of him competing in MMA or BJJ.  I can't find internet results that he competed in pretty much anything PERIOD, except for the 0-2-0 record here.  Again, with all the various things he claims on his page on the instructor link, wouldn't he show up in SOMETHING, ANYTHING, if he competed in all he claims?  Am I just not searching right or is he possibly BS like its starting to sound?

1/23/13 2:57 AM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^hmm, actually. There are a couple of strange things.
This NTFA organization he won 3 'national championships' in, also has him listed as president.. yeah, there's possibly some fishy stuff in his accomplishments.
Maybe someone here will be interested in looking into it.
1/23/13 3:00 AM
Tru
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos
mmaguy30 - Spill it Tru, how many times you get mat battled?

lol..I would say about 5x and then I stopped clicking links and scrolling over the links.  

1/23/13 3:03 AM
Chocolate Shake

. Phone Post
1/23/13 3:12 AM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve

There are youtube videos of him in competitions. (mostly musical forms, which is what he claims to have won alot in)
As much as I can't stand watching that karate-dancing, hes pretty good at it.

Again, not sure about some of his accomplishments from an initial look, but I don't think the guy is anything near Dave Lang, Christian Darrow, or any of those guys. Just my 2 cents, could be wrong
1/23/13 3:13 AM
weslionsmith

UGCTT_sideshowsteve - ^hmm, actually. There are a couple of strange things.
This NTFA organization he won 3 'national championships' in, also has him listed as president.. yeah, there's possibly some fishy stuff in his accomplishments.
Maybe someone here will be interested in looking into it.

Awesome, ty sideshowsteve for looking into this.  When you are really close to the issue, as I am from living in this town and knowing many people who know him and have heard many things about him, you get a few more clues that would suggest whether someone is BS or honest.  Think I should start a new thread?  If I even get so much as one go ahead I will.  I'm not gonna put you on the line by saying you said it should be done, etc, I just want some reinforcement for my suspicions from someone more knowledgeable than myself on the subject.  At that point I will start my own thread, taking all blame for starting on myself, and let all bets on the person in question be off and the investigation and possible attack begin.

1/23/13 3:15 AM
weslionsmith

Oh now not saying that he is that horrible.  Dave Lang is a child molestor and in my opinion there is no justice extreme enough to be beyond what those bastards deserve.  I would never wish death or anything severly traumatic or the like on Mr. Perry from what I know so far.  Just saying if he is BS his students should know.  But if he isn't BS and I am wrong.  I will admit I am wrong and let his class continue as it deserves to.  But if he is BS he at least deserves to be shut down so people aren't suckered in and their wallets emptied.  As for Dave Lang, that fuckhead is deserving of all hell and its minions have to offer.

1/23/13 3:18 AM
weslionsmith

Tru - 
mmaguy30 - Spill it Tru, how many times you get mat battled?

lol..I would say about 5x and then I stopped clicking links and scrolling over the links.  

I only had four unfortunate matbattles myself.  As for anyone going much further than that, come on now, I'm sure your computer either has the option of letting the mouse sit on the link and showing where it leads in the status bar, or in the case of my computer with Windows 8, holding the left mouse button for a few seconds which shows the link address, but allows the option not to follow it.

1/23/13 3:30 AM
weslionsmith

I watched a little of what you mentioned SideShowSteve, you may be right.  I may have spoke too soon.  Although I wasn't doubting it all, just the most extreme claims.  But until someone else comes up with something more damning, I may have made a mistake.  My apologies to Joey Perry if no real damning evidence is presented.

1/23/13 3:32 AM
weslionsmith

Edited: 01/23/13 3:35 AM

I was really excited about the possibility of being the source of a new fake BB thread.  LOL.  Either I got ahead of myself or I just don't know enough.  I did pass by the school.  Stil in a strip mall with several of the sign lights burned out.  Either he isn't using the money he is making or isn't too concerned with upkeep.  LOL.

But all in all, quite athletic and capable of impressive agility and moves.  Makes me wonder more about the intoxicated appearance in the store in which I work.  Although I don't hold any negative opinions of marijuana, I just wonder how someone would have the extra time to get high and enjoy it and train enough to be capable of those moves.  Unless he was maced that day.  :p

1/23/13 3:40 AM
weslionsmith

And finally, before I go to bed, mmaguy30 to continue my apology and prove I have seen the movie.  I present a combination of lines from the movie.  You have to call me Nighthawk you girly headed fuck.  LOL

1/23/13 7:50 AM
mmaguy30
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My head is so full of what the fuck right now.
1/23/13 10:46 AM
UGCTT_sideshowsteve

mmaguy30 - My head is so full of what the fuck right now.

lol
1/23/13 12:33 PM
weslionsmith

mmaguy30 - My head is so full of what the fuck right now.

Your drum set isn't playing Moby Dick is it?  LOL. 

1/23/13 2:13 PM
weslionsmith

DAMNIT!!!!  I just FINALLY remembered the part you were referencing, Phil.  I feel like an even bigger jackass than I did earlier for my stupid anger response.  That was the part where they first realize what they have in common and go through that question/answer sequence in their bedroom.  That just proves it's been WAY TOO LONG since I have seen that epic movie.  Also since I completely forgot that epic part of the movie, I hope that further explains my confusion to your questions.  As for the line I referenced, its a mash up of two lines.  One is where they first meet when the mother moves in with the father and Will's character says to John's character, "You have to call me Nighthawk" and the part where they are arguing in bed and he calls him a girly headed fuck.

1/23/13 3:05 PM
WilsonBeatMySkinRed
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just think of the activities!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.