UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/26/14 8:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hotshot123
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there aint no atomic news. same as always, here it comes..................................................................wait for it.....................................................
just

a

little

longer .............................................................................................
1/27/14 6:15 AM
thegreatone287
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 11:55 AM
Evzey
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it bad that this thread has taken over my life? Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 12:34 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waiting sucks big dicks. I don't like big dicks. News! Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 2:19 PM
PootieTang
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No update yet? Last I heard David Lang is about to get kicked out of the school he's teaching in on the 31st this month when his lease is up Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 3:47 PM
KuyaBJJ
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PootieTang - No update yet? Last I heard David Lang is about to get kicked out of the school he's teaching in on the 31st this month when his lease is up Phone Post 3.0

This is true. I was in touch with Sifu Edwards trying to schedule a visit to the school. Below is the e-mail traffic between us:

Today:
Hello Christopher,
I have been looking into this issue for the last week very hard.  Here is what I have found:
1 - Your Profeesor pulled his certification.
2 - One certification on my wall is fake from "American Top Team".  Called the Head Quarters on this.
3 - A facebook page for Hermes Franca is fake.  Just got of phone with Columbia River Corrections and inmates are not allowed to be on Facebook.
David Lang is out of my building and will not be returning ever!
If you need his home address I can get it to you.
Sifu Edwards 

Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: David Lang

Sir,

Professor Oliveira wants nothing more to do with Lang and has left it up to me to handle. If you're refering to Rafael Kong, I've spoke to him and he denies any claims to Lang. Would you be able to confirm if he'll be there or not? I'm in the military and will have to take leave to come up from VA. Before I put in the paper work to travel, I'd like to make sure that my efforts won't be in vain.

Kuya

Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 1:41 PM

You
can call me at 000-000-0000 when you are going down to
roll.  I hate this crap and I hate
liers.....

Can Professor Oliveira get
ahold of Master Giba or Professor Congo?

Jeff Edwards

Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:37 PM
Subject: Re:David Lang

Hello Christopher,

David Langs contract end the 31 of this month for his lease.  He will not be teaching there anymore.  Unfortunilty I have to let the contract run out or this would be a legal battle.

I would love for any BJJ person to come down and roll with Lang.  This would then show me he is not a BB. I
am not a grappler or BJJ practitioner and do not not how to roll.

As he rents from me I am not sure what time his classes are but please go down and tap him.  Please email me when you think you are making it down so I can watch....... Have to make it down before the 31st because he will be out after that.

Jeff Edwards

January 22, 2014 3:39 PM
Subject: David Lang

Sifu Edwards,

This is Christopher "Kuya" Costa; I contacted you before in efforts to retrieve the certificate presented by Professor Carlos David Oliveira to a "David DaSilva". You told me to keep in touch and to let you know if his black belt has been pulled. I'm letting you know that the second degree that was presented to him has been publicly denounced by my professor, and any proof of a black belt was either fabricated or conned out of a legit black belt. There has been extensive research on David Lang, and he is widely known as a fraud in the martial arts community.

I'm sure you've been contacted about this issue. The BJJ community is very strong and despises characters such as Lang who give true practitioners a bad name. Word has gotten to a popular martial arts forum that he teaches out of your building and it is not looking well. I tell you this because I went through this issue in trying to clear my Professors name of this fraud. You are being conned, and as long as you continue to allow him to teach out of your school it's not going to look good.

If you truly believe that Lang is legit after all of this, would you consider having me over to visit? I would like to request, in person, that Lang take down all of the pictures associated with my professor and return the certificate that was awarded to him under false pretense. I would also like the chance to prove to you that he is a fraud. I am a new brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I should be able to present a challenge but not
be able to submit a second degree black-belt. If we were to have a jiu-jitsu exhibition match, you would see that he isn't at the level that he claims to be. I've sparred with him before and can assure you that he is not a
black belt.

My goal isn't only to clear my Professors name but also those conned by this fraud: his students, affiliates, and anyone that truly believes his lies. Please allow me the opportunity to prove that what everyone is saying about him is true.

Aloha,

Kuya

1/27/14 4:16 PM
billyball2
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KuyaBJJ - 
PootieTang - No update yet? Last I heard David Lang is about to get kicked out of the school he's teaching in on the 31st this month when his lease is up Phone Post 3.0

This is true. I was in touch with Sifu Edwards trying to schedule a visit to the school. Below is the e-mail traffic between us:

Today:
Hello Christopher,
I have been looking into this issue for the last week very hard.  Here is what I have found:
1 - Your Profeesor pulled his certification.
2 - One certification on my wall is fake from "American Top Team".  Called the Head Quarters on this.
3 - A facebook page for Hermes Franca is fake.  Just got of phone with Columbia River Corrections and inmates are not allowed to be on Facebook.
David Lang is out of my building and will not be returning ever!
If you need his home address I can get it to you.
Sifu Edwards 

Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:46 PM

Sir,

Professor Oliveira wants nothing more to do with Lang and has left it up to me to handle. If you're refering to Rafael Kong, I've spoke to him and he denies any claims to Lang. Would you be able to confirm if he'll be there or not? I'm in the military and will have to take leave to come up from VA. Before I put in the paper work to travel, I'd like to make sure that my efforts won't be in vain.

Kuya

Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014, 1:41 PM

You
can call me at 000-000-0000 when you are going down to
roll.  I hate this crap and I hate
liers.....

Can Professor Oliveira get
ahold of Master Giba or Professor Congo?

Jeff Edwards

Thursday, January 23, 2014 1:37 PM
Subject: Re:David Lang

Hello Christopher,

David Langs contract end the 31 of this month for his lease.  He will not be teaching there anymore.  Unfortunilty I have to let the contract run out or this would be a legal battle.

I would love for any BJJ person to come down and roll with Lang.  This would then show me he is not a BB. I
am not a grappler or BJJ practitioner and do not not how to roll.

As he rents from me I am not sure what time his classes are but please go down and tap him.  Please email me when you think you are making it down so I can watch....... Have to make it down before the 31st because he will be out after that.

Jeff Edwards

January 22, 2014 3:39 PM
Subject: David Lang

Sifu Edwards,

This is Christopher "Kuya" Costa; I contacted you before in efforts to retrieve the certificate presented by Professor Carlos David Oliveira to a "David DaSilva". You told me to keep in touch and to let you know if his black belt has been pulled. I'm letting you know that the second degree that was presented to him has been publicly denounced by my professor, and any proof of a black belt was either fabricated or conned out of a legit black belt. There has been extensive research on David Lang, and he is widely known as a fraud in the martial arts community.

I'm sure you've been contacted about this issue. The BJJ community is very strong and despises characters such as Lang who give true practitioners a bad name. Word has gotten to a popular martial arts forum that he teaches out of your building and it is not looking well. I tell you this because I went through this issue in trying to clear my Professors name of this fraud. You are being conned, and as long as you continue to allow him to teach out of your school it's not going to look good.

If you truly believe that Lang is legit after all of this, would you consider having me over to visit? I would like to request, in person, that Lang take down all of the pictures associated with my professor and return the certificate that was awarded to him under false pretense. I would also like the chance to prove to you that he is a fraud. I am a new brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I should be able to present a challenge but not
be able to submit a second degree black-belt. If we were to have a jiu-jitsu exhibition match, you would see that he isn't at the level that he claims to be. I've sparred with him before and can assure you that he is not a
black belt.

My goal isn't only to clear my Professors name but also those conned by this fraud: his students, affiliates, and anyone that truly believes his lies. Please allow me the opportunity to prove that what everyone is saying about him is true.

Aloha,

Kuya

Tastefully done IMO...
1/27/14 4:27 PM
teamquestnorth
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFU Kuya!! Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 4:45 PM
oldbloatedcarcass
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

teamquestnorth - VTFU Kuya!! Phone Post 3.0

Word.
1/27/14 4:54 PM
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes!!! Hi, Dave :)

We know you're lurking ;)

You're fucking done son! Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 5:55 PM
BriggsSeekins
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree kuya really handed the Edwards situation well. To be fair to Edwards, the situation did look a lot different last spring and none of us really understood what it looked like from his point of view. Lang appeared to be credibly involved with a number of legit black belts and brought one up to teach. I do think he was a little cocky about wanting to think everybody was full of crap and it seems kind of naive to believe that something as big as all this coming from all over the globe was just Dave's ex-wife pulling strings. But I don't think any of us understood how much conniving Lang had done to appear credible until the idiot came on here to rub it in our faces. To me that is the hilarious thing, that he thought he had won and would be able to fool us all. As soon as he put up those pictures of himself surrounded by credible people it was only a matter of time before those people would be alerted to his history.

Part Two will be up either tonight or tomorrow.
1/27/14 6:07 PM
itswhitty
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BriggsSeekins - I agree kuya really handed the Edwards situation well. To be fair to Edwards, the situation did look a lot different last spring and none of us really understood what it looked like from his point of view. Lang appeared to be credibly involved with a number of legit black belts and brought one up to teach. I do think he was a little cocky about wanting to think everybody was full of crap and it seems kind of naive to believe that something as big as all this coming from all over the globe was just Dave's ex-wife pulling strings. But I don't think any of us understood how much conniving Lang had done to appear credible until the idiot came on here to rub it in our faces. To me that is the hilarious thing, that he thought he had won and would be able to fool us all. As soon as he put up those pictures of himself surrounded by credible people it was only a matter of time before those people would be alerted to his history.

Part Two will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

Not only did he think he won, be brought this whole last chapter on himself. There was interest when people found out that he was at it again, but there was no momentum to stop him until his bitchy little post in this thread.

The guy's ego is astounding, especially in light of how this has played out over and over over the past couple years.
1/27/14 6:26 PM
DrBoogerLips
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Count2potato - Hi Dave I hope you know that everyone knows your a little bitch who couldn't take care of his rat face wife and kids. Poor guys were going to go through life knowing how much a lying sack of dog shit thier papa is. Lucky for your little boy a real man is in Melissa's life now to guide and raise him.

I bet he has so much fun wrestling with his new dad just like mommy does after bed time. Oh and btw Dave, I know your a broke piece of shit who can't pay his bills. Once Briggs breaks his story the whole Cortland area is going to know what else you have trouble paying month to month. :) Phone Post 3.0

Just being a voice of reason, please leave the kids and ex-wife alone. The same goes for his naive students and colleagues that have been conned. Degrading them really defines you more than them. They are simply collateral damage.

Dave, on the other hand, is sick and deserves some medicine. I'm glad Kuya has stepped in to help do it "the right way". Most people here have good intentions, but there is a way to deal with people and Kuya understands. I suspect Sifu Edwards opened up because Kuya came at him with a genuine and respectful attitude. I'm sure Edwards knew in the back of his head something was fishy, but it's human nature to automatically defend those around you when you are not sure. A lot of you opened the door for Edwards, but Kuya helped him walk through it. Besides, from Edward's' perspective, you all could have been stupid OG'ers. (<<<<see what i did there?)

Seriously though, I suggest giving Kuya a shot at speaking with Dave and making him come clean with a non-degrading apology. Extra points if you make him commit to becoming legit. Pull that off and I'll pay for Dave's shiny new white belt.

Disclaimer: No I'm not Dave or anyone affiliated with this mess. Just my 2 cents. Flame away.

1/27/14 6:34 PM
psujunglist
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DrBoogerLips - 
Count2potato - Hi Dave I hope you know that everyone knows your a little bitch who couldn't take care of his rat face wife and kids. Poor guys were going to go through life knowing how much a lying sack of dog shit thier papa is. Lucky for your little boy a real man is in Melissa's life now to guide and raise him.

I bet he has so much fun wrestling with his new dad just like mommy does after bed time. Oh and btw Dave, I know your a broke piece of shit who can't pay his bills. Once Briggs breaks his story the whole Cortland area is going to know what else you have trouble paying month to month. :) Phone Post 3.0

Just being a voice of reason, please leave the kids and ex-wife alone. The same goes for his naive students and colleagues that have been conned. Degrading them really defines you more than them. They are simply collateral damage.

Dave, on the other hand, is sick and deserves some medicine. I'm glad Kuya has stepped in to help do it "the right way". Most people here have good intentions, but there is a way to deal with people and Kuya understands. I suspect Sifu Edwards opened up because Kuya came at him with a genuine and respectful attitude. I'm sure Edwards knew in the back of his head something was fishy, but it's human nature to automatically defend those around you when you are not sure. A lot of you opened the door for Edwards, but Kuya helped him walk through it. Besides, from Edward's' perspective, you all could have been stupid OG'ers. (<<<<see what i did there?)

Seriously though, I suggest giving Kuya a shot at speaking with Dave and making him come clean with a non-degrading apology. Extra points if you make him commit to becoming legit. Pull that off and I'll pay for Dave's shiny new white belt.

Disclaimer: No I'm not Dave or anyone affiliated with this mess. Just my 2 cents. Flame away.

VTFU.
1/27/14 6:41 PM
Evzey
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What you gonna do now Dave?

Just admit your a fraud and actually start training with somebody legit Phone Post 3.0
1/27/14 6:52 PM
DrBoogerLips
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Evzey - What you gonna do now Dave?

Just admit your a fraud and actually start training with somebody legit Phone Post 3.0

That's the best possible outcome in my opinion but he will need at least one of you to embrace him. I understand that seems crazy, but that's his only way out.

Otherwise he will move on and continue a deceptive lifestyle. The irony here is that martial arts can cure that.

I'm going for a black belt in philosophy.

1/27/14 6:55 PM
DrBoogerLips

psujunglist - 
DrBoogerLips - 

VTFU.

Favor returned. The UG has good intentions but some times we need balance.
1/27/14 7:28 PM
BriggsSeekins
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I talked to him myself and he accused me of being a realtive of the ex wife, lied to me and told me he verified we made the Wallid angle up, all sorts of shit to defend Dave... He was either in on it, ignored it for financial gain, or too fucking dumb to matter.

I dont advocate anything further be pressed against "sifu" (who if memory recalls has some dubious claims regarding his own martial arts background) But he wont be earning my respect soon.

Briggs, again, did any of the atom bomb make it into this next update?"

I think he sounds like an idiot in all of this. I spent a few minutes on the phone with him when the story was coming and he came across like a cocky moron. I haven't bothered to call him back at any point because I have bigger fish to fry than some "JKD" or "Close Combatives" guy at the moment. But this is an ongoing story, so I will see what continues to develop on his end and circle back to him if I discover anything concrete. Based on what I know, I can't say for sure he wasn't conned and didn't just act like an over-defensive moron. Don't forget, when this first broke he called out Eric Charles, owner of CNY, trying to claim he was behind it. He's been playing with a partial deck all day long.

From the looks of his own credentials, I think he's the type of guy who goes around collecting seminar credentials and doesn't realize that's not how it's done in BJJ. I think he might have known Dave was full of shit, but didn't realize how much that was going to blow up on him because he doesn't understand the no-bullshit culture of BJJ.

As for the update, certain things we all know to be true are being left out due to consideration of the victims. But I got so much good intel on this asshole from so many people that I promise it will not fail to entertain and further destroy Dave's credibility forever.

1/27/14 7:32 PM
BriggsSeekins

"He was either in on it, ignored it for financial gain, or too fucking dumb to matter."

My opinion, it's a combination of two and three. I don't think Lang actively conspires with anybody. I think Lang was bringing rent in for the building and Edwards is the kind of insecure blowhard that goes on the defensive at the drop of a hat rather than consider he might have been very wrong about something. Compare him to how David Oliveira reacted, it was a situation where Oliveira was really caught with egg on his face from all appearances. But he was instantly open to the possibility that he had made a mistake, was very friendly and open to me, a stranger, who called him to talk about it, and corrected the situation as quickly as possible.
1/28/14 12:29 AM
JoejitsuMD
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DrBoogerLips -

Agree 100%. Keeping posts relevant to Lang's scams and exposing his fraud is much more compelling to readers of this thread and more influential than just insulting his ex wife or naive students. Remember a new white belt has no idea what a legit black belt looks like on the mat. They would be easy to con like Lang has done. Phone Post
1/28/14 10:52 AM
BriggsSeekins

Can somebody check to see if the David Mrbean DaSilvaLan Facebook page is still up? I'm not sure if I am blocked or if it has been removed. This turd shifts his FB to a new alias periodically to stay under the radar. I have heard he has already found a new location in Cortland to bring what are left of his students.
1/28/14 10:54 AM
armydude77
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's still up.... Phone Post 3.0
1/28/14 11:14 AM
BriggsSeekins

It's someplace in Cortland. It's not confirmed, but if it's true, I am sure I will know where by the weekend.
1/28/14 1:35 PM
billyball2
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Count2potato - Good on ya. Looked forward to your next article Phone Post 3.0

This.

Hit us up with the new info!!!
1/28/14 2:46 PM
guesswhatchickenbutt
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"In addition, there is one other extremely disturbing story from Lang’s past that I am not going to write about in this series due to the victims involved."

^That's the pedo part, isn't it?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.