UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/3/14 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BriggsSeekins
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Friend request sent to Robert Steen, as well. I noticed he wrote "miss you guys" on one post on Paul Bethony's page. That leads me to believe he's been out of town while all this latest drama unfolded.

What the fuck is up with Paul wearing Army gear all the fucking time? I can't imagine this guy is a veteran. He would have demanded to see Lang's DD214 by now if he was.

2/3/14 3:23 PM
Mr Bungle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BriggsSeekins - 

That Justin Stewart guy's FB says he's from Newcastle, PA. I have been very curious about the true nature of his relationship with Lang. Lang will use a photo taking with an unsuspecting person for years to look legit. Lang appears to be cornering him at some fight, but I can see Lang volunteering (while his microdick gets hard) to corner anybody at a small, poorly organized show. I've posted stuff all over PA Fighters about Lang. Stewart is FB friend of my friend Randy Wolf Smith, but Randy didn't seem to really know who he was when I asked. I've friend requested Stewart now. I actually didn't see Dave DaSilvaLan on his friend list, but Langer has me completely blocked on FB now.

He's one of the guys I sent that letter to, but I don't know if he even knows it exists, as it said it would show up in the "Other" folder. Which even I had no idea what that was until you said something about the "other" folder. Here's hoping these people are competent enough to understand how fb works.
2/3/14 3:24 PM
Mr Bungle

BriggsSeekins - 

Friend request sent to Robert Steen, as well. I noticed he wrote "miss you guys" on one post on Paul Bethony's page. That leads me to believe he's been out of town while all this latest drama unfolded.

What the fuck is up with Paul wearing Army gear all the fucking time? I can't imagine this guy is a veteran. He would have demanded to see Lang's DD214 by now if he was.

In one pic, Paul said something like "Guess who Im going as for Halloween", but on another pic, one in which he tries to look like a legit Member of the Military, you can tell he's full of shit.
2/3/14 3:29 PM
Mr Bungle

Briggs, who the "black belt" on the right in this picture? Legit? Unknown?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153727618945094&set=a.10150285400675094.525792.740820093&type=1&permPage=1

And I'm telling you man, that Robert Steen is full of shit. He doesn't even look like he has any cordination, let alone any fighting or jiu jitsu skills. Just look at his body type. It's obvious he doesn't eat healthy and most likely never works out.
2/3/14 3:34 PM
Mr Bungle

Sent both Robert Steen an Heath Tucker the same message I sent 10 of Dave's friends:

"I know you don't know me, but you know Dave Lang. And before you jump to the conclusion that I'm some how related to his ex-wife or she "put us up to it" or spreading lies or whatever, I'd like to make you aware of Dave's true past. Every time he's been caught impersonating someone that he's not, or just generally sucking unsuspecting people into his well planed fraud, I'd like for you to take a moment and read this three part series on Dave's shady history of lies and deceit. The third part hasn't dropped yet, as there are way more people willing to come forward since the first and second article dropped. Here are the links:

http://policegazette.us/blog/2014/01/19/police-gazette-investigation-uncovers-notorious-jiu-jitsu-fraud-and-phony-war-hero-david-lang-operating-in-cortland-new-york/

http://policegazette.us/blog/2014/01/28/jiu-jitsu-fraud-david-lang-kicked-out-of-martial-arts-facility-but-has-he-opened-somewhere-else/

and if you are even slightly convinced, you can check back in a few days for the other shoe to drop. Just go to the National Police Gazette.

A quick summary of the lies he's told:
He said he served in the Military. That's not true, he shot himself in the eye w/a paintball gun, thus rendering himself unfit for duty.

He claimed to be Brazilian, even going so low as to pretend to speak Portuguese in an email exchange with another individual interested in learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) from Dave. It was obviously apparent that he was using Google Translate to seem convincing.

He's been caught lying about having a Black belt in BJJ under several well respected and well known REAL BJJ Black Belts. Everyone of these people he claimed to be under denied ever training him in the art of BJJ.

This is just a small list of his ongoing con/shell game. Anytime he gets put on the spot, he instantly blames his ex-wife, who just happens to have had a prominent role in helping perpetuate his lies, that is, until he drained her bank account.

We know all of this because of a community of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fans and practitioners have well researched his life story.

For the full, complete comprehensive story, go here:
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/1744492/Possible-fake-Black-Belt/?&page=1
2/3/14 3:37 PM
Mr Bungle

Also sent that same message to Evolution fight team, but this time I was able to post it on their main page instead of it being hidden in that "other" folder.

Even if they have nothing to do with Dave, I still want them to know what we know and maybe someone reading it who might be friends w/Dave will see it and gain some knowledge.
2/3/14 3:38 PM
BriggsSeekins
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The black belt is Paulo, who David Oliveira sent up to teach at the school as part of the Evolution Affiliation. He's been back in Brazil now for quite awhile.

Robert Steen definitely doesn't look like he's very well put together, but I doubt he's in anyway part of Lang's con, other than being conned by it. Training with Lang and getting a phony blue belt might have led him to develop an inflated sense of his ability or how hard he is. Honestly, I've seen that happen with plenty of people who've trained a year or so at a real school, but haven't really trained first-hand with any serious fighters or grapplers. I think he just deserves some sympathy. Judging from the way he's rocking the neck beard a la Lang, he will probably be pretty discouraged to learn the truth. Hopefully he'll be a little sharper than Paul was about accessing what is obvious.

2/3/14 3:39 PM
BriggsSeekins

Team Evolution definitely is 100 percent aware about Lang now, but they will probably not be happy to see that he continues to use pictures of their guys and his own "students" wearing their gear to prop up his facade. I mean, the fucking runt is still using pictures of me after all this time to appear more legit.

2/3/14 3:42 PM
Mr Bungle

Goddammit Briggs that's some fucking bullshit. There has to be some kind of legal recourse you can take to force that motherfucker from using your image to further his con.
2/3/14 6:01 PM
Evzey
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 -

here is something fun...

this is a photo posted to the interwebs by Pat Lang... (little dick langs momma)

look at the kid in the background... with an eye patch....

could it be??

The more that comes out about Lang the worse it is this guy's needs to be locked up for a long time. Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 6:06 PM
Evzey
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ no idea why I quoted that I voted Jodie the photo and i seemed to quote for some reason, damn app Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 8:01 PM
BriggsSeekins

I have been in contact with both Justin Stewart and Robert Steen this evening. Justin Stewart accepted my friend request so I then messaged him a warning and links to the first two parts of my series on Lang. He admitted it was a lot to take in, that he had trained with Dave and Paulo and met Dave's family who were great people. But he is smart enough to see this doesn't add up and said he would read over my articles and approach Dave about it. I also sent him a copy of the Certificate of Disposition showing Lang's criminal impersonation case in 2006 and the full text of Carlos David Oliveira's rennunciation of Lang. The guy looks like a dude who is really interested in MMA and getting involved and I am pretty certain he will see the light on all this. 

2/3/14 8:08 PM
BriggsSeekins

Poor Robert Steen, on the otherhand, is making Paul look like a mensa candidate. Here is the record of our FB exchange:

Do I know you

Nope. But you need to know the truth about Dave Lang.

I then posted links to the first two parts of my story on Lang, adding:I'm sure this all comes as a shock. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have about it. These aren't internet rumors, they are facts. I have a copy of the court record for his criminal impersonation case.

2/3/14 8:10 PM
BriggsSeekins

In much less time then it would take to even skim the articles, Robert responds:

Well sorry to say you can leave me alone or ill have you arrested for
Harassment and slander

2/3/14 8:14 PM
BriggsSeekins

My reply to poor, misguided Robert:

You can't have me arrested for either of those things based on me contacting you on facebook. I'm trying to help you. You are being lied to by a documented fraud. There isn't a word of slander in either article. What would be my motivation for that, by the way?

I have the court records from him criminally impersonating a "friend" in 2006. I am an eye-witness to the lies he was telling in 2010. The fact that you have threatened to have me arrested for "slander and harrassment""demonstrates a supreme lack of legal knowledge on your part, so I can understand how you might be naive enough to fall for Lang even with this evidence that would be overwhelming to a person capable of thinking.

If you don't want to hear it, though, and want to continue backing a fraud who lies about military service, go ahead.

I'm happy to leave you alone, pudge.

2/3/14 8:15 PM
BriggsSeekins

Rather than content himself with being left alone, though, Robert quickly doubled-down on stupid:

Okay personally your not a professional and yes it is harassment I go to college for law you dont sit there and message radom people for one and for two you call ur self a professional and u swear and call me names wow sounds like to me ur acting like a child

2/3/14 8:17 PM
BriggsSeekins

My final reponse to Robert:

I'm a professional writer. I get paid to write for National websites. You might be studying law but if you think me contacting you on FB to share a news article with you constitutes either harrassment or slander, or if you think you could have me arrested for either thing, then you are definitely at the bottom of your class. Children refuse to listen to evidence if it is potentially upsetting. Assholes call people names. I'm being an asshole calling you pudge, but you're being a child by putting up a wall of defense. Like I said, what's my motivation for this? And why would my editor publish this if it was vetted? If you study law you should have the critical thinking skills to noodle this through and see how bad it looks for Lang.
Also, where did I swear, prior to referring to myself as an asshole? I took your word for it at first, because I, unlike Lang, actually am a former combat infantryman and tend to talk like one when confronted with utter stupidity. But I just looked back over the conversation and don't see it. That's the kind of walls you are throwing up towards this. Do yourself as favor and look into it. For the record, I'll be the one bringing Lang to court, to get a Declaratory Judgment establishing that he in no way, shape or form has a basis for suing me for slander.
2/3/14 8:19 PM
Edelweiss
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BriggsSeekins -

In much less time then it would take to even skim the articles, Robert responds:

Well sorry to say you can leave me alone or ill have you arrested for
Harassment and slander

Don't get arrested, Briggs!!!! Haha... slander. Tell him it's libel and that he can't have you arrested for it. Plus, it's not libel and it's not directed towards him.

Watch out for the internet police, though. I hear they are just jonesing to arrest people harassing others on Facebook.

Teeny Wang Lang has a type though, doesn't he? Phone Post 3.0
2/3/14 8:22 PM
BriggsSeekins

I am speculating that Robert Steen thinks "naive" is a swear word. 

2/3/14 8:24 PM
MagSlim
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you guys say...."We know all of this because of a community of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fans and practicioners have well researched his life story.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/1744492/Possible-fake-Black-Belt/?&page=1"

What is a 'reasonable' person supposed to make out of all the matbattling going on in this thread? I mean, I chuckle, but there's probably a better place to send people than an 11k post thread with people obtusely linking to gay bjj sites every other page. Just saying.

Edelweiss
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit. I wrote all that before I saw your responses to him.

Anyway, Pudge should choose another career quickly. As you said, he has to be bottom of the class. Phone Post 3.0
I Just Saw Swinging
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Briggs, I have to ask: what is a "National website"?
2/3/14 8:25 PM
BriggsSeekins

My guess is "I study law in college" actually means "I took a couple criminal justice classes at Community College."  I was a philosophy major and half the people I went to school with went to Law school. Poor Robert would have gotten eaten alive in our millieu.

2/3/14 8:35 PM
JoejitsuMD
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MagSlim - When you guys say...."We know all of this because of a community of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu fans and practicioners have well researched his life story.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/1744492/Possible-fake-Black-Belt/?&page=1"

What is a 'reasonable' person supposed to make out of all the matbattling going on in this thread? I mean, I chuckle, but there's probably a better place to send people than an 11k post thread with people obtusely linking to gay bjj sites every other page. Just saying.

Agree 100%. It makes things very difficult for someone to follow who is just starting out reading the thread and only has a mild interested in the topic. Phone Post
2/3/14 8:45 PM
BriggsSeekins

Bleacher Report and Boxing Insider, for two. I pay my car note and insurance each month writing for BR. 

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.