UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

1/14/14 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BriggsSeekins
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a copy of an email I sent to Carlos David Oliveira this morning. Not at this hour of the day he has not really had much time to respond or even properly process all of this. But I would hope that some kind of public statement might appear by the end of today.

Mr. Oliveira-

I hope that the video came through okay in the second email I sent. Again, sorry for the delay in getting to it.

I would imagine by now you have reviewed it with your black belts and can see why it has caused so much outrage to people, especially considering Lang's known history of lying about his nationality, black belt lineage and military veteran status in the past.

I hope you will issue a video statement on this matter as quickly as possible disavowing your association with Lang. I appreciated your candor and openness speaking to me, and I do think my portrayal of you in the story will be sympathetic, but I know that for the sake of certain students still attached to Lang, it would really help clear things up as quickly as possible if you would issue a video statement. As I mentioned on the phone, some of these young people have been severely manipulated by Lang and are not easily convinced. You have seen for yourself how manipulative and friendly Lang can be to win your trust.

One student in particular who Lang spent a lot of time grooming is now in contact with a police officer at his college who is very credible and will no doubt convince him eventually. But he is resistant. {PERONAL INFORMATION ABOUT STUDENT REDACTED TO PROTECT HIS IDENTITY WHILE INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING}. I say this not to give Lang credit for doing anything good, because he investS in people like this so that he can win their loyalty and use them, like he did with you, and with me before. But he will not be easy to convince and a video from you would make a difference just for him, and for a number of other students who may be waivering, even as the evidence is obvious.

Thanks again for speaking with me on this.

Briggs Seekins
1/14/14 8:34 AM
Dirty Dick Slater
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oliveria's english is not great, so someone may want to translate that in Portuguese ans send it.
1/14/14 8:40 AM
BriggsSeekins
245 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to directly address the student who has been in contact with my source on this story. Notice I left out your personal information. Not because it is embarrassing. It is something to be proud of, but I do not want you to be brought into Lang's scam anymore than you unfortunately have.

If you will do the best thing for your own personal integrity and self development and do the right thing by honestly investigating this matter, you will easily come to realize Lang has viciously deceived you, even as he appeared to be a helping friend.

There is no shame in being fooled by people like Lang when you yourself are a basically honest and open person who gives other people the benefit of the doubt. He has been moderately successful as a fraud for so long because he is good at parts of it.

My story will be coming out by this weekend and if you are still standing by Lang at that point, there are details of your story that will make their way into this story. Nothing that makes you look bad or deceptive in your own right, but details that will make you seem sadder and more vulnerable than you want to appear to the world. I will still leave your name out of the story, regardless. You have done nothing criminal and I will not identify you to the public unless you decide to go on the record of your own accord. My only real interest in regards to you in this story is to see you get over being terribly used and deceived as easily as possible. You might find that going on the record about Lang ends up being very cathartic for you. Others certainly have.

I also want to warn you of something. People who have insisted on standing by Lang in the history of this saga have not been treated gently by the ravaging UG vigilante hordes. You have a chance to be welcomed by the UG as a brother who was deceived. Don't turn that down and risk developing into a figure of fun.

Briggs Seekins
1/14/14 8:41 AM
BriggsSeekins

I agree Dick. I was going to suggest it, but honestly thought at this point he might already have people close to him who will help him on that matter. I will say his spoken English was pretty good, but there can be a world of difference between that and understanding an earnest appeal that is in writing.
1/14/14 10:44 AM
BriggsSeekins

This big missing pieces in this narrative now revolved around Hermes Franca. It seems clear that the entire Lang clan has been involved in contacting and love-blanketing Hermes while he is in prison, even though Hermes Franca is not somebody Lang ever so much as mentioned during his time running the phony Ithaca school in 2010. I even checked today with one of the students who spent the most time around Lang in those days and he said he never mentioned him. Sometime in the last couple of years the Langarang Clan rallied to Franca and used the connection with Hermes and Luis to build up a facade of credibility for David to then go interacting with other legitimate people.

However he got involved in this, it doesn't look good for Franca now. I would like to get into contact with Franca's lawyer, because he should be aware that he is now implicated in a long-term attempt to defraud the public at large while potentially causing irreparable damage to professional reputations. This isn't the kind of thing that will look good to a parole board.
1/14/14 1:05 PM
mmaguy30
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude... Briggs straight took this thing and RANNNN with it...

carry that ball my fren!

bring it on in for the touchdown!

I will now log in each day JUST to VTFU Mr Briggs...

bravo for how you are handling this and stepping up!
1/14/14 1:13 PM
mmaguy30
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My vote on the hermes FB page is that it is 99% chance Lang. Or his bro, but I have SERIOUS doubts it is hermes...

Here is the FACT we all know...

DAve has never trained with Hermes for ANYthing more than a seminar or some similar BS...

Dave never spent time in florida,

Dave has never been to brazil.

Dave has never left the US

DAve is a one eyed cockfaggit kiddy rapist who forges everything.

He has a history of creating false identities and assuming other peoples online identity to give himself credibility... he did it with that kid from jersey/pa like 2 years ago...

Some poor kid he conned into coming to NY to train at his "academy" (the dingy shed behind his house)

THe kid NEVER sent emails to confirm anything, it was all Dave... it was proven.

Remember in the beginning when his "cousin" in brazil sent me emails confirming Dave was from argentina via brazil, and was a legit BB? THe cousin who sent emails in broken english from brazil? From the SAME IP ADDRESS dave sent his emails from in upstate Ny??

that FB is DAve being a cockfaggit.

fuck dave lang.
1/14/14 1:27 PM
Shoco
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Briggs is a legend, taking this to the next level! Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 1:29 PM
Edelweiss
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Briggs,'

I also want to say,"thank you" for doing what needs to be done. You are handling it in a professional way. In the past, part of the criticism, by those looking into Lang, was that we were immature, petty, crude, etc... So, it is awesome that we have you handling this in a respectful and thorough way.

I look forward to your final story. I VTFU every day, even though I'm not sure it means anything to you -- it's all I can do to thank you. 

1/14/14 1:39 PM
The Wizzle
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"pulling a fake black belt out of your mouth after I shove it up your ass, and carry you across the mat holding each end"

I may have to come up with a shorter name...

Oh, I've got it, thinking either 'lang on a rope,' or the more pig roast style 'The langspit.'
1/14/14 1:43 PM
BriggsSeekins

Thank you everybody for the support. As always, a lot of people are working on this. Lang has enemies everywhere, and most of them are people he has never heard of. A lot of the really important developments coming together right now wouldn't be possible without the work my friend 10er has been putting in, as well.

The most amusing thing about this is that I really did not have anything like this on the schedule for January, and I tend to work off a pretty tight schedule. I am a pretty busy person considering I don't have kids to slow me down, too. But it has been very rewarding and worthwhile to make time for this.

Lang, if only you weren't a fucking moron illiterate and you could have kept your mouth shut, you might have been able to get off the ground with this. But you had to come taunt the UG.
1/14/14 1:44 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Olivera should go to Dave's school which is an affiliate with maybe with a few other if his students and evaluate his skillet. Preferably on video. If Dave meets the standards let him hold his rank, if he gets dumped and smashed like a white belt then they should strip him of his tank and present him with a white belt while disavowing their association from him and his school.

Seems like the logical thing to do. Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 1:45 PM
BriggsSeekins

I also tend to think that Hermes Franca is largely a dupe in this. For one thing, there is the Dave Lang who has trained down there in Florida and I'm willing to be that when Lang first started contacting Hermes, he might even have presented himself as that Dave Lang.

I will be making some calls down to Florida in the next couple of days to the Department of Corrections. If nothing else, I would like to find out if there is a policy on who has access to FB in prison. I have my doubts about people convicted of raping minors being allowed on it. And fake FB profiles are Lang's bread and butter.
1/14/14 1:50 PM
UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - Olivera should go to Dave's school which is an affiliate with maybe with a few other if his students and evaluate his skillet. Preferably on video. If Dave meets the standards let him hold his rank, if he gets dumped and smashed like a white belt then they should strip him of his tank and present him with a white belt while disavowing their association from him and his school.

Seems like the logical thing to do. Phone Post 3.0

This might be better than a public denouncing on video. I mean he is still an affiliate and if he records this Lang would be fucked.
1/14/14 1:56 PM
Sober
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

re the potential of Hermes using facebook in prison...I have no idea whether or not Hermes is actually the one that is using the facebook account, but it is fairly easy these days to get smartphones in prison and then use the phones for internet access. a former training partner of mine (ironically a legit bjj black belt) is in prison and is on facebook quite a bit. apparently he does this through smartphones
1/14/14 1:57 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BriggsSeekins - Thank you everybody for the support. As always, a lot of people are working on this. Lang has enemies everywhere, and most of them are people he has never heard of. A lot of the really important developments coming together right now wouldn't be possible without the work my friend 10er has been putting in, as well.

The most amusing thing about this is that I really did not have anything like this on the schedule for January, and I tend to work off a pretty tight schedule. I am a pretty busy person considering I don't have kids to slow me down, too. But it has been very rewarding and worthwhile to make time for this.

Lang, if only you weren't a fucking moron illiterate and you could have kept your mouth shut, you might have been able to get off the ground with this. But you had to come taunt the UG.
Briggs you are the man Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 2:24 PM
BriggsSeekins

I hope somebody has screensaved the Hermes Franca page or any FB posting at all that are credited to Hermes Franca. This is getting even juicier.

I just spoke to a lady in the Communications Department at the Oregon Department of Corrections. Inmates in the Oregon state prison system are not allowed any access to the internet or social media.

So the FB page is being run by the Langs.

The Oregon Corrections Department's Internal Affairs Department will be investigating this matter to determine whether or not Franca has been the victim of identity theft by Dave Lang or if he is an active participant in this scam.

His earliest possible release date is this March. I wonder if Dave will fuck him up on that.
1/14/14 2:41 PM
itswhitty
685 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - My vote on the hermes FB page is that it is 99% chance Lang. Or his bro, but I have SERIOUS doubts it is hermes...

Here is the FACT we all know...

DAve has never trained with Hermes for ANYthing more than a seminar or some similar BS...

Dave never spent time in florida,

Dave has never been to brazil.

Dave has never left the US

DAve is a one eyed cockfaggit kiddy rapist who forges everything.

He has a history of creating false identities and assuming other peoples online identity to give himself credibility... he did it with that kid from jersey/pa like 2 years ago...

Some poor kid he conned into coming to NY to train at his "academy" (the dingy shed behind his house)

THe kid NEVER sent emails to confirm anything, it was all Dave... it was proven.

Remember in the beginning when his "cousin" in brazil sent me emails confirming Dave was from argentina via brazil, and was a legit BB? THe cousin who sent emails in broken english from brazil? From the SAME IP ADDRESS dave sent his emails from in upstate Ny??

that FB is DAve being a cockfaggit.

fuck dave lang.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Lang, but I think it's a little early to rule out Hermes being involved. Lang is an idiot in a lot of ways, but he's an experienced con man -- he started claiming affiliation with Franca almost immediately after he was sent to prison. Someone like Franca is perfect for him, as he has a big name, known skills, and he is vulnerable enough to easily get on board. I doubt Dave was looking this far ahead, but standing by Franca has also given him a defense against the OG -- everyone's just after him because he stood by his master.

As others have pointed out, it's not difficult for inmates to get smartphones inside. Likewise, I've heard of families maintaining the profile and then printing it out and bringing it to the inmate every week so they can write up responses and have the person post for them. While a legit BB affiliation would be expensive, Lang could easily get on Franca's good side by adding relatively small amounts of money to his books each month. If anyone contacts Hermes, Lang has the ability to say, "See man? Look what they're doing just because I'm your friend. You owe me."
1/14/14 2:45 PM
mmaguy30

Skyfeather is the key here.

She will have all the dirt.
1/14/14 5:31 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody have a contact for skyfeather??

Anything I can do to help guys let me know Phone Post 3.0
1/14/14 5:36 PM
BriggsSeekins

Okay, this story has a history of taking one bizarre turn after another and now here is this. About an hour I finally got hold of Jeff Edwards, the JKD guy who actually owns Northeast Martial Arts Institute on Owego St. in Cortland, where Lang's version of Team Evolution is based.

At first I asked him "I want to ask about your BJJ program?" and he paused right away. I said "I heard you have BJJ there."

I went ahead and identified myself as a writer working on a story about the well-known fraud Dave Lang. As I am remembering things, Edwards became extremely defensive last spring when this popped back up and ultimately decided the entire UG was an elaborate plot being orchestrated by Lang's ex-wife.

I assured him I had never laid eyes on Lang's wife but that I had been deceived for a period of months by Dave Lang in regards to his BJJ lineage, his military record and his nationality.

He tried to claim that he had seen Lang's promotional certificates. He was not entirely convinced when I told him I had spoken to Oliveira yesterday and that Oliveira had told me Lang conned him. I said I expected to see a public statement from Oliveira forthcoming this week.

He said to send it, added "If it turns out Langs a fraud, I'll help you beat him up." I said I wasn't interested in making any physical threats about anything, but that I would be exposing Lang as a fraud in a published story this week and that there were no ifs about it.

I know this guy has been presented pretty substantial evidence in the past and from the UG's perspective he acted like a douche-nozzle. But from his perspective, Lang has presented him valid looking credentials. It takes some work to explain away the existence of this thread and all the clearly different people telling different stories that all match up about Lang. But some people are always ready to dismiss anything on the internet.

This is going to be a story that starts with the internet, but I have an entire publicity campaign planned for it. I have managed to set up media interviews for things before as boring as poetry or healthcare. I've got a living, breathing reality television show drama here. People are going to want to talk all about Dave Lang once they read about him in a coherent narrative on a reputable news source that goes viral. Especially within our own community here in the Southern Tier of NY.

1/14/14 5:46 PM
BriggsSeekins

The two main new details that emerged from my conversation with Edwards are that 1. He denied Lang is teaching at the school. He said the BJJ was being run by a guy named Paulo Something, from Team Evolution.

Oliveira mentioned to me that Lang had talked to him about bringing up a black belt there for seminars or something, but I did not get the impression that he had actually sent somebody up here. It could have been a misunderstanding due to the language difference.

But the student we have been in contact with did not mention this Paulo guy. He name dropped Carlos David Oliveira, but he made it sound pretty clear that he was training Lang as his instructor.

I have an email and call into Oliveira. I hope he will make some statements clearing some of this up in the next day or so. I am going to press with a story later this week. It is going to be a multiple part story with a wrap up as people start turning on Lang the bigger the story gets.

At this point I have no reason to doubt that Oliveira was conned in this, but I would like to be able to start from the beginning by giving a full picture of how that has gone down and there are a few factors that stop me from being able to do that at this point. Not being able to explain the mysterious Paulo character is a big loose end.

The other thing that Edwards told me was that he had "seen all of Lang's certificates." I told him about my conversation with Oliveira and he said he'd like to hear a statement from him, but he didn't seem prepared to believe me. Fine. My feeling aren't hurt. But I will publish later this week and testify in court if necessary that Carlos David oliveira told me Lang conned him yesterday and that "I feel dumb."

Still, this is yet another reason why a statement from Oliveira will be crucial.

The real bombshell for those of us who have followed every twist and turn of the thread was that Edwards told me he has seen a copy of Lang's Brown Belt certificate from CARLSON FUCKING GRACIE!

I am pretty sure this is a first time we have heard of Lang claiming a Carlson affiliation. Anybody who can help us track this down and get it officially squashed, it would be greatly appreciated.
1/14/14 5:51 PM
Dirty Dick Slater
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would trust Oliveria as much as anyone I know. take that for what it is worth
1/14/14 5:53 PM
BriggsSeekins

MMAGuy is completely right that Missy Lang is the must-have witness for us. I have a message out to her on FB but I am sure it is buried in her other file. Her FB doesn't seem to accept friend requests.

If Missy or anybody who knows her is lurking on the thread, please contact me. I have no plans to write about any of your roll in this entire drama but I would very much value your insight into Lang.

Obviously it would be epic if she came on here and answered questions, but I'm not sure how likely it is given her treatment here in the past. Missy, I'm a gentleman when it comes to the ladies. I just want you to help me bury the rotten son-of-a-bitch who ruined your life by marrying you.

I'm sure she's the one who can fill us in on the true nature of Lang's relationship to the Francas and how it came about.
1/14/14 5:54 PM
BriggsSeekins

Finally, it appears Hermes Franca has accepted my friend request on FB. I'm off to get caught up on old times.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.