UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

1/13/14 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - What's funny is if this investigation started now instead of 3 years ago he would have been able to show credentials and pics and would have gotten away with it. Phone Post 3.0

That's crazy to think about, but too bad for Lang that he has a history on these sites of web.
1/13/14 2:15 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder who he will claim a BB under next seriously this guy needs to be taught a lesson Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 2:22 PM
Edelweiss
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I expect guys like Brad "Jazz Hands" Woods to get conned by a guy like Lang, but not some of the others -- especially BJJ black belts. Lang seems like he is borderline retarded, but this might just be due to his grammar and spelling errors, crappy tattoos, dopey face, failures in English usage, pathological lies, and his house that could have been on an episode of "Hoarders." I cannot figure out how he is continually duping so many people.

Briggs, you knew him, what was his personality like? Is he able to speak well? Is Jay Standish, the wrestler with the INSANE record, still around? I'm just baffled by this guy.

1/13/14 2:23 PM
BriggsSeekins
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just spoke on the phone with David Oliveira. He sounded understandably upset about this incident.

He was first introduced to Lang about two years ago through Luis Franca. Franca presented Lang as a black belt and a great guy who was going to be brining Franca to the states, getting him fights and helping him teach at his school. He said he had known Franca since Franca was a kid, so he was automatically inclined to view Lang positively. He also said about Lang what everybody always says after they find out they have been tricked, that he "seemed like a really, really nice guy."

He said Lang claimed to have received his black belt in Brazil and to have trained a lot down in Florida with Hermes. He showed Oliveira a forged certificate and talked him into letting him be an affiliate school.

He said Lang had only ever been to his school for the single seminar. It did not sound like he had ever actually seen Lang roll but that he had asked a student since who had rolled with Lang and the student reported that "he was really horrible and shouldn't be a black belt."

It does sound like Oliveira gave him a courtesy promotion to the next stripe, after believing he had been a credible affiliate for the past two years.

In my opinion, this seems to be his only real lapse in judgement. But at that point, Lang was a guy he had met and had introduced to him two years ago as a legitimate black belt who was tight with the Francas, people he has known since back in Brazil. He was very open with discussing this with me and truly seems to feel horrible about having been fooled.

Maybe he should have checked Lang out more closely when he was brining him on board as an affiliate, but at that point, it sounds like he was not that long in the country was working hard to get his school off the ground. A really nice guy, vouched for, with more checks coming in and promises of seminars, would be somebody you would want to believe in. We all want to believe things that would benefit us are true, especially if a long-time friend like Lucas Franca is vouching for it.

I am going to send him links to one of Lang's forged "Walid Ishmael" blue belt certificates and the video of Lang rolling.

1/13/14 2:24 PM
mmaguy30
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My head is spinning...

Again, I am not trying to start shit with the Legit Dave O fella, but come ON man... how in the hell are you gonna award a SECOND FUCKING DEGREE to someone you have never rolled with...

There is NO chance he promoted him AFTER rolling with him right?

Right?

one of 2 things happened here gents, Dave SERIOUSLY conned this guy, or this guy sold a fucking belt/association.

Either makes me sick.

I am not trying to be disrespectful to anyone in the Traven association, but no mater how this plays out, certain people have been seriously embarrassed, and every black belt in the world who has legitimately earned his rank has been disrespected in the worst way.

If I was a black belt under Dave O... I would be out for fucking blood with 1 of 2 people...

And guess what guys... Dave is now able to create LEGIT black belts...

Whats your lineage? Oh, Carlos-carlos JR- Traven -Olivieria, Lang (aka dasilva, dabean, La etc)
1/13/14 2:25 PM
BriggsSeekins
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lang is a borderline moron. That's why he continually gets tricked but keeps thinking he's going to get away with it again. He came in here just special to jerk out chains and fuck with us about those photos and now it all comes down again.

But he does have a very manipulative streak with an almost savant skill for mirroring people and getting them to like him.
1/13/14 2:26 PM
Dirty Dick Slater
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is waiting on a phone call mma guy. Do you want his number? You can ask him yourself
1/13/14 2:27 PM
Evzey
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow just wow this is a massive cluster fuck. A legit Oliviera black belt needs to roll with him Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 2:29 PM
BriggsSeekins

He's definitely embarrassed, I can say that. He claims not to have rolled with him and it sounds like he tracked down and asked a student after this started to develop.
1/13/14 2:29 PM
Dirty Dick Slater

Edited: 01/13/14 2:30 PM
Carlos David Oliveria is as standup guy as I have ever known. He is a great guy and got conned by this guy.

As soon as you guys posted the pics with Traven I contacted him and David and told them. Trust me, they7 had no clue about this guy. The first time Traven had ever seen the guy was at that seminar.

1/13/14 2:34 PM
mmaguy30
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ok... I posted right as briggs was posting his above statement...and posted before I read his post...

so I guess I can understand, and respect him admitting it. I have been conned, it sucks, the real story is how is he going to deal with it...

Will he make a public statement?

If we can get video or a legit public statement from him it might prevent Lang from doing this again...

Video statement would be worth a ton!
1/13/14 2:36 PM
Dirty Dick Slater

I just sent him that mmaguy. Told him to make a video saying he got conned and that Lang is not a black belt under him
1/13/14 2:37 PM
mmaguy30

For the record, I DO NOT want Dave O's image or rep tarnished any more than Lang already has with this shit...

I really want to see them come out ahead...

Same for the Traven bloodline, 2 of my very close friends are Traven black belts... this sucks for all of them, and DAVE LANG is at fault...

this should be a lesson to black belts the world over.
1/13/14 2:40 PM
mmaguy30

ATTN COCKFAGGIT!!!!

yet another of your house of lies comes a falling down...

wait till your current students see this...

LOL at you, fucking liar.

GODDAMN I would pay anything for 10 min on the mat with you... I would invent a new submission called "pulling a fake black belt out of your mouth after I shove it up your ass, and carry you across the mat holding each end"

I may have to come up with a shorter name...
1/13/14 2:45 PM
billyball2
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BriggsSeekins - Lang is a borderline moron. That's why he continually gets tricked but keeps thinking he's going to get away with it again. He came in here just special to jerk out chains and fuck with us about those photos and now it all comes down again.

But he does have a very manipulative streak with an almost savant skill for mirroring people and getting them to like him.

This.

And even if he's disavowed, he'll have the 2nd degree BJJ Black Belt certificate hanging from his wall in whatever town he ends up in.

Fucktard continually beats the BJJ community...

1/13/14 2:52 PM
BriggsSeekins

I told Oliveira that was one of the regrettable things about this, that Lang would be using those photos and certs to try to make himself look credible for as long as he can.

I don't know if Lang cropping up in another town is a worry. I don't see Baby David getting too far away from Mama Pat's apron strings and checkbook.

This version of the story is going to be big enough to get even more coverage than we've already had. I think my story will get picked up on a lot of MMA sites and it will be hard for Lang to put this shit again.

But he will likely keep trying, and the swag he collected this time around will be props for future deceptions.
1/13/14 2:53 PM
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like this begins with Franca. Either Lang conned Franca into all of this with reward of coming to the states, getting him fights, and opening up a school or Franca knows and is willfully going along so he can do all those things in the states.
1/13/14 2:57 PM
tio te
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/13/14 2:57 PM
Oliveira should be embarrassed, but in his defense it is not normal to evaluate higher degrees of black belt. Once the black belt has been awarded, the stripes are normally awarded on regular time intervals as long as the black belt remains active. It is strange that he never trained with Lang once or even saw Lang train over multiple years affiliated with him, but you can be certain that Lang did everything he could to avoid that.

That Luis Franca sounds like a really shady little fucker to go around vouching for Lang. Were Luis Franca and David Lang lovers? What did he have to gain from that? Hopefully, Franca is hereforth forever associated with fraud Lang.
1/13/14 3:29 PM
The Green Bastard

UGPTT__IeatCOCKSforBreakfastAwYeah - 
PrettyBoy - What's funny is if this investigation started now instead of 3 years ago he would have been able to show credentials and pics and would have gotten away with it. Phone Post 3.0

That's crazy to think about, but too bad for Lang that he has a history on these sites of web.

Same thing happened to the fraud mat barvo.  One of the Vieira brothers was taking him in as an affiliat and said he has good "drills".    If the fraud investigation started a couple months later he would have gotten away with it.

1/13/14 5:11 PM
Evzey

Anybody able to contact Franca seems rather shady to me that he was willing to put his name on the line for fucktard.

Didn't Kiddy rapist claim a Franca affiliation on one of his many Facebook incarnations Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 5:45 PM
FABombDropper

BJJkilla - has anyone found records to back up the 1397-83 wrestling record? lol
It's really bullshit as 79 of those losses came to his dad in the den before he was 4. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 6:04 PM

Lol @ page one quote ^
1/13/14 8:14 PM
BriggsSeekins

For people who have not followed this thread as thoroughly as they should, and who have not done their supplemental reading on the thread "Dave Lang At it Again" I will give a quick note here about Lang's history with the Francas.

Lang began to post Team Franca FB logos at some point within the years since his first school got taken down, at some point after Franca got arrested and sent to prison. I still need to check on the thread, but I believe it appeared concurrently with "Viking Jiu Jitsu."

He had some sort of Viking Jiu Jitsu badge page where his mother posted "I think Hermes Franca is a good and innocent man," or something like that. And Lang posted his support to Franca. MMAGuy and others hilariously crashed the page and Dave's older brother threatened to sue and/or beat MMAGuy up. It's one of the more amusing turns in the story.

But at some point after that, the Lang clan seems to have set up some sort of lines of communication with the Francas. I would speculate maybe they had some sort of white trash prayer circle for him out in McGraw and put a bunch of money on his books while they were at it.

Lang's claim to an association with Franca was seen for a long time as just another of his outlandish and ridiculous fabrications. But when the other, more recent thread popped up last spring, one of the worthy gentleman of the UG who did good research on this project uncovered some interviews in Brazil, in Portuguese, where Luca Franca talked about having a manager in the U.S., David Lang, who was going to get him fights here. Even more shocking, video was found of Lang holding mitts for Luca and Luca posing with David and his older brother Bob in front of the Carousal at the Destiny USA Mall in Syracuse.

So what seems to have happened is Luca seems to have put Lang in contact with Oliveira. Incidentally, Oliveira said Luca got mad and went home because he never got a fight and he didn't like how cold it was.

1/13/14 8:40 PM
BlackJesus
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You would think a couple of guys would take a ride up to NY and roll at one of their sister gyms. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 8:48 PM
mmaguy30

I would bet Franca wants his name cleared here as well... I would also bet Oliveira can contact him...

put that together, but we REALLY need proof from Oliveira to prevent this from going further...

He needs to publicly renounce Dave.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.