UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/15/14 5:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PisoMojado
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Bungle - 
PisoMojado - This thread is hard to navigate at work with all the damn mattbattle land mines!

They are there for your enjoyment...

I see the star....and remember your name.
4/15/14 6:11 PM
Mr Bungle
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle - 
PisoMojado - This thread is hard to navigate at work with all the damn mattbattle land mines!

Que?
4/15/14 8:29 PM
PisoMojado

Mr Bungle -
PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle - 

Que?
It's going to sound lame now that I have to explain it...

Somewhere between pages 50-150 there's a story of lang introducing himself by pointing to the Star of David tattoo on his arm and going,"remember the star and you'll remember my name" or something like that.

...there's a star in your SN... Phone Post 3.0
4/15/14 8:55 PM
Mr Bungle
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle -
PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle - 

Que?

Somewhere between pages 50-150 there's a story of lang introducing himself by pointing to the Star of David tattoo on his arm and going,"remember the star and you'll remember my name" or something like that.

Ah. I see. Yeah that's already been pointed out, but it's the wrong geometrical shape. Dave's tat is the star of David. (How peculiar) 6 sided star. Mine's 8 sided and is the band logo for Faith No More.

4/15/14 8:57 PM
Mr Bungle

That makes me think he got that tattoo not because he considers himself Jewish, but because his feeble brain thought it'd be ironic to have a tattoo "named after him"(Star of David, Dave Lang)
4/15/14 8:58 PM
Mr Bungle

If that's the case, it just shows you what kind of sociopath we're dealing with.
4/17/14 4:12 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - Nope.

I sold it back in January. I was so overwhelmingly tired of the local MMA politics and BJJ politics I could not take another second.

I was pretty happy with the business side of things, I opened thee nicest facility in the region, and built it to a profitable operation in 10 months, for a bit I had the best team of guys on any mat in the region, and it was even fun a few times,

But in the end, I am not suited to it. I dont have the personality that allows me to deal with those sort of relationships.

I sold it, did very well in the sale, and am back to military contracting and running the few other businesses we are still involved with.

The majority of the POS that trained at my place gym hopped off to another place, and its my understanding they are causing the same problems there.

I have completely left local MMA and BJJ and wont have anything to do with it, or really even anyone associated with it. I cleaned my FB of almost every person associated, and have left the scene completely. I am training still, with a small group of guys, but honestly I am so disgusted by the actions of people in this area, it will take me a long time to find love for the sport again.

Examples of behavior and politics? This intrigues me. I thought that area would be more ........communal, in nature.
4/17/14 5:08 PM
mmaguy30
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to derail the thread, but... you asked. FRAT WARNING

There is a large group of guys in the area, the BJJ elite of MB. 99% purples. about 18-20 of them

Most of them were loyal to 3 different gyms for a bit as they all got started in the sport, then some left gym 1 and went to gym 2 and were loyal to it, then some left gym 3 and went to gym 1... they were loyal there.

Then some left gym 1 and went to gym 3, then gym 4 opened... most left gym 1 2 AND 3, and ended up at gym 4... then some went to gym 5, then gym 5 became the MMA powerhouse of the area. A few times there were crossovers, and some even went back to the first 1, 2 or 3

Many stayed with gym 4 and gym 5, they were there for a while... then gym 4 started to go way down hill, same with gym 5,

I was part of gym 4 (never any other, it was my first 1 and only in MB)

I left gym 4 and opened my place.

EVERYONE left ALL gyms and were oyal to me...

During the time they were all loyal to me, gym 6 opened.

Everyone decided to leave me and be loyal to gym 6.

THe above is all accurate, cant be disputed. ANd its a joke. You cant write the above and have an understanding of what "loyalty" is, and talk about someone being loyal to 5 different places in 4-5 years.

I really fucked up during my time open. I tried to give these guys the world and treat them like family,

I spent THOUSANDS buying them gear, free seminars with UFC stars, free memberships, supplements, shirts, trips to train, travel paid to go compete, hotel rooms, meals...

I tried to figure it all out, and in 1 years time I estimate someplace between 35-40k. THats $35,000.00, spent on just 18 different guys in a time period of 12 months. Add up 1 year of membership fees never collected, and an avg of $500/week in payroll to a few of them, all on TOP of the 35k, and the dollar figure is much much higher.

Were I fucked up was thinking that treating them like kings would ever do anything good for me.

I am used to living and existing with a very high class of professionals. Between my time in the military in some fairly elite units, and my contract work since... the guys I sweat and bleed with are generally some amazing people, and if I do for them the things I did for this group of blood sucking scumbags, I would have people willing to die for me, let alone ever consider letting anything bad happen to me, my fam or my business.

Instead they took and took and took, and as soon as I decided to tighten up and make some changes, POOF, all that loyalty is now loyal to the next guy.

I could go on and on about the other outside influences that added to it, I had a few key people decide to work very hard to fuck things up, the competition did some pretty underhanded shit, but in the end I have me to blame, I never ran the business like I do any of the other businesses I run. I applied so few of the leadership lessons the military and other business dealing have taught me, I listened to NONE of the advice I was given from TOP gym owners. I associated myself with MMA far to much when I should of stuck to BJJ, Had I of focused the efforts and funds I did on this group of local BJJ celebretards on anything else, I would not be complaining.

ALL that aside, the business was a success, it took 10 months to build a membership base of people on contract that were bringing in just slightly more than the monthly overhead... a few more months and it would of turned a very healthy profit...

I did VERY well in the sale, and although I did not recoup all I spent, I did get out. I had a GIANT and awesome kids program, and the adult program was doing pretty well, considering I lost a shit ton of guys in a mass exodus due to all this bullshit and a few select cocksuckers.

There are still silly cocksuckers that think they "beat me" or "won", whatever. My goal was to make more than I lost last year on that gym between Jan 15 when I sold it and April 1... I accomplished my goal March 27th, and celebrated by buying a new Porsche 911 GT3.

I deleted anyone associated with local MMA or BJJ from my fb, and no longer worry about the small town soap opera that the local community is.

The local MMA promoter is one of the biggest scumbags in the sport, and not to far behind is the group of BJJ elite and their new home. Having nothing to do with it in any way leaves me happy, relaxed, and fishing more.

Some of them lurk here, I wont be shocked if saying any of this will inspire a response, but honestly I really don't give a fuck. I was really caught up in all of this for a solid year, thinking that local BJJ and who is training with who and who said what about who and who is trying to get who to leave me and go to another place, and who wont pay to train and blh blah blah.

I spent a year feeling like every day I was at war. I should of treated all of it much differently, and in the end, who knows, probably would of ended the same way... I got a few msgs the other day from someone who thinks I give a shit showing me copys of msgs between the BJJ elite and the very same shit is going on at the new home as they did with me.

I can say it gave me a nice chuckle, but I spent the rest of the day shopping for a new Breitling watch and drinking, Later that night me and the mrs took a stripper home and fucked our brains out... and I didn't think about local BJJ or MMA one single time, and it was a great day.

There is no communal feeling in Myrtle Beach, the BJJ and MMA scene here is a fucking disaster. The local promoter that thinks he is some sort of Mafia Capo who decides who fights where and when is a joke, he has screwed over almost every person who has ever worked with him in ANY capacity, be it vendor, fighter, sponsor or venue (facts). THe other 3 schools left running are all a unique bunch to say the least. I can say the biggest competition I had is now running a pretty decent operation on the surface, but that honeymoon is about over, so we will see. The others have no-one left...

MMA and BJJ in this town fucking sucks because of the people involved, and it will not change anytime soon. None of it is anything OI want to be involved with any longer. I train with a select few here and there, and that's it. I will never coach or manage again, I want NOTHING to do with any of it in any way.

Sorry for the FRAT, but you asked.
4/17/14 5:23 PM
Stymie
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well damn. I was bringing my gi when I visit MB in a few weeks. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/14 6:02 PM
mmaguy30
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is plenty of places to roll, and yo are more than welcome to get up with me... love rolling with out of towners!

just pm me or hit me on the bookface
4/17/14 6:30 PM
roninthebox
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Bungle -
PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle -
PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle - 

Que?

Ah. I see. Yeah that's already been pointed out, but it's the wrong geometrical shape. Dave's tat is the star of David. (How peculiar) 6 sided star. Mine's 8 sided and is the band logo for Faith No More.

Mr bungle > faith no more Phone Post 3.0
4/17/14 7:53 PM
Mr Bungle

roninthebox - 
Mr Bungle -
PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle -
PisoMojado - 
Mr Bungle - 

Que?

Mr bungle > faith no more Phone Post 3.0

Truth
4/17/14 7:57 PM
Mr Bungle

I'm surprised not a single fighter has come out to FNM's EPIC. Or at least to my knowledge no one's come out to that song yet. Sucks.
4/17/14 7:57 PM
PisoMojado

duckhuntgangsta - Has anyone read this entire thread? Phone Post 3.0
I am about 259 pages in. I need a break. Phone Post 3.0
4/17/14 8:01 PM
Mr Bungle

duckhuntgangsta - Has anyone read this entire thread? Phone Post 3.0

Lots of people have followed this thread either from its beginning or they jumped in not long after it began. I know I've read almost every page. I'm sure I've missed one or two pages back when I dipped away for a bit.
4/17/14 8:14 PM
JoejitsuMD
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta - Has anyone read this entire thread? Phone Post 3.0
Yes most of us posting have kept tabs on it for 4 years now. Phone Post
4/18/14 4:01 AM
I Just Saw Swinging
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mr Bungle - I'm surprised not a single fighter has come out to FNM's EPIC. Or at least to my knowledge no one's come out to that song yet. Sucks.

I think this one would be even better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTg4Fcza58
4/18/14 5:56 PM
Lurkasaurus Rex
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, far more than that, sir. Some of us joined because of this thread. Some of us are blue names because of this thread. It has inspired some of us to write poetry, and others to right wrongs. This is the thread that can never die. 

I am a Langer instead of a tro11 because of this thread. I made my first post in this thread. I was introduced to mat battle on this thread. I met MMAGuy30 because of this thread (like for real, I went and met him. He's not difficult to find). I cannot even fucking believe that this thread has had so much impact. Read this thread? Significant things have happened to me because of this thread! In fact, anyone asking for cliff's notes because they read to page 30 and want to catch up is a fool. You're fucking with the butterfly effect here. Just bite the bullet and read the damn thread.

You have to read it. Then when someone says "these sites of web", or "Somewhere in Rio...", or "Walid is fuming mad",  you'll really get it! And you'll always be able to say "At least I'm not Dave Lang", understand what that means, and be genuinely comforted by the thought.

4/18/14 7:02 PM
mmaguy30

Lurkasaurus Rex - 

Oh, far more than that, sir. Some of us joined because of this thread. Some of us are blue names because of this thread. It has inspired some of us to write poetry, and others to right wrongs. This is the thread that can never die. 

I am a Langer instead of a tro11 because of this thread. I made my first post in this thread. I was introduced to mat battle on this thread. I met MMAGuy30 because of this thread (like for real, I went and met him. He's not difficult to find). I cannot even fucking believe that this thread has had so much impact. Read this thread? Significant things have happened to me because of this thread! In fact, anyone asking for cliff's notes because they read to page 30 and want to catch up is a fool. You're fucking with the butterfly effect here. Just bite the bullet and read the damn thread.

You have to read it. Then when someone says "these sites of web", or "Somewhere in Rio...", or "Walid is fuming mad",  you'll really get it! And you'll always be able to say "At least I'm not Dave Lang", understand what that means, and be genuinely comforted by the thought.

Its mighty dusty in here...
4/18/14 7:13 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - I don't want to derail the thread, but... you asked. FRAT WARNING

There is a large group of guys in the area, the BJJ elite of MB. 99% purples. about 18-20 of them

Most of them were loyal to 3 different gyms for a bit as they all got started in the sport, then some left gym 1 and went to gym 2 and were loyal to it, then some left gym 3 and went to gym 1... they were loyal there.

Then some left gym 1 and went to gym 3, then gym 4 opened... most left gym 1 2 AND 3, and ended up at gym 4... then some went to gym 5, then gym 5 became the MMA powerhouse of the area. A few times there were crossovers, and some even went back to the first 1, 2 or 3

Many stayed with gym 4 and gym 5, they were there for a while... then gym 4 started to go way down hill, same with gym 5,

I was part of gym 4 (never any other, it was my first 1 and only in MB)

I left gym 4 and opened my place.

EVERYONE left ALL gyms and were oyal to me...

During the time they were all loyal to me, gym 6 opened.

Everyone decided to leave me and be loyal to gym 6.

THe above is all accurate, cant be disputed. ANd its a joke. You cant write the above and have an understanding of what "loyalty" is, and talk about someone being loyal to 5 different places in 4-5 years.

I really fucked up during my time open. I tried to give these guys the world and treat them like family,

I spent THOUSANDS buying them gear, free seminars with UFC stars, free memberships, supplements, shirts, trips to train, travel paid to go compete, hotel rooms, meals...

I tried to figure it all out, and in 1 years time I estimate someplace between 35-40k. THats $35,000.00, spent on just 18 different guys in a time period of 12 months. Add up 1 year of membership fees never collected, and an avg of $500/week in payroll to a few of them, all on TOP of the 35k, and the dollar figure is much much higher.

Were I fucked up was thinking that treating them like kings would ever do anything good for me.

I am used to living and existing with a very high class of professionals. Between my time in the military in some fairly elite units, and my contract work since... the guys I sweat and bleed with are generally some amazing people, and if I do for them the things I did for this group of blood sucking scumbags, I would have people willing to die for me, let alone ever consider letting anything bad happen to me, my fam or my business.

Instead they took and took and took, and as soon as I decided to tighten up and make some changes, POOF, all that loyalty is now loyal to the next guy.

I could go on and on about the other outside influences that added to it, I had a few key people decide to work very hard to fuck things up, the competition did some pretty underhanded shit, but in the end I have me to blame, I never ran the business like I do any of the other businesses I run. I applied so few of the leadership lessons the military and other business dealing have taught me, I listened to NONE of the advice I was given from TOP gym owners. I associated myself with MMA far to much when I should of stuck to BJJ, Had I of focused the efforts and funds I did on this group of local BJJ celebretards on anything else, I would not be complaining.

ALL that aside, the business was a success, it took 10 months to build a membership base of people on contract that were bringing in just slightly more than the monthly overhead... a few more months and it would of turned a very healthy profit...

I did VERY well in the sale, and although I did not recoup all I spent, I did get out. I had a GIANT and awesome kids program, and the adult program was doing pretty well, considering I lost a shit ton of guys in a mass exodus due to all this bullshit and a few select cocksuckers.

There are still silly cocksuckers that think they "beat me" or "won", whatever. My goal was to make more than I lost last year on that gym between Jan 15 when I sold it and April 1... I accomplished my goal March 27th, and celebrated by buying a new Porsche 911 GT3.

I deleted anyone associated with local MMA or BJJ from my fb, and no longer worry about the small town soap opera that the local community is.

The local MMA promoter is one of the biggest scumbags in the sport, and not to far behind is the group of BJJ elite and their new home. Having nothing to do with it in any way leaves me happy, relaxed, and fishing more.

Some of them lurk here, I wont be shocked if saying any of this will inspire a response, but honestly I really don't give a fuck. I was really caught up in all of this for a solid year, thinking that local BJJ and who is training with who and who said what about who and who is trying to get who to leave me and go to another place, and who wont pay to train and blh blah blah.

I spent a year feeling like every day I was at war. I should of treated all of it much differently, and in the end, who knows, probably would of ended the same way... I got a few msgs the other day from someone who thinks I give a shit showing me copys of msgs between the BJJ elite and the very same shit is going on at the new home as they did with me.

I can say it gave me a nice chuckle, but I spent the rest of the day shopping for a new Breitling watch and drinking, Later that night me and the mrs took a stripper home and fucked our brains out... and I didn't think about local BJJ or MMA one single time, and it was a great day.

There is no communal feeling in Myrtle Beach, the BJJ and MMA scene here is a fucking disaster. The local promoter that thinks he is some sort of Mafia Capo who decides who fights where and when is a joke, he has screwed over almost every person who has ever worked with him in ANY capacity, be it vendor, fighter, sponsor or venue (facts). THe other 3 schools left running are all a unique bunch to say the least. I can say the biggest competition I had is now running a pretty decent operation on the surface, but that honeymoon is about over, so we will see. The others have no-one left...

MMA and BJJ in this town fucking sucks because of the people involved, and it will not change anytime soon. None of it is anything OI want to be involved with any longer. I train with a select few here and there, and that's it. I will never coach or manage again, I want NOTHING to do with any of it in any way.

Sorry for the FRAT, but you asked.

Thanks. I was curious.
4/23/14 4:21 PM
hooke
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what does evilmexicanjew and Mama have to say about this?

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=2&thread=2314257&page=1&pc=1

4/23/14 4:35 PM
mmaguy30

well it looks like there wont be a hermes seminar in daves shed anytime soon...

DAve will blame ICE for keeping him from his master...

Maybe dave should travel "back" to brazil to see hermes!
4/23/14 9:04 PM
psujunglist
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Somewhere in McGraw NY, Dave Lang is fuming...
4/24/14 1:01 AM
Edelweiss
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for posting that, Hooke. For those, on a phone, that are worried about getting matbattled, it's a link to another thread that says that Hermes is released from prison, but Homeland Security deported his child raping ass back to Brazil.

Another one of Lang's plans has fallen apart. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/14 3:26 AM
fedorismybro
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not to throw thread off topic, but did Hermes rape a child or did he hook up with a consenting teen? Neither are condonable but one is much different than the other.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.