UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Possible fake Black Belt

12/19/10 10:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NCAA92
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAGUY when did he get his BB?
12/19/10 10:08 PM
mmaguy30
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have not got that yet, dude at his cousins acadamy says he has not had it long but cant give a timeline or date.

There is still a chance he is bullshitting, but I'm telling ya, it looks legit, and the way the guy responded really says to me is a humble guy.

The thing i am interested in is the wrestler... that record is pretty nuts... would love to hear more about that...
12/19/10 10:16 PM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well if hes legit, that's actually pretty cool
12/19/10 10:29 PM
mmaguy30
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/19/10 10:29 PM
Between The Wrestling coach jay and I... (phone number redacted)

Jay Standish December 19 at 10:17pm Report
Hey I got your friend request but I do not think I know you. I accepted it as you probally know by the time you receive this. I am currious however how you came to request me? I see you fight and talked to dave Lang he explained the whole credential thing if you are wondering how I accumulated so many matches I wrestled all year round all through high school. That is a total record including greco freestyle and colligent matches including pre season tournaments in pensylvania. Many of which I wrestled two weight classes in._ If you have any questions feel free to text me at my cell 607-. Have a safe trip to Ny and happy holidays.

Phil Gizzi December 19 at 10:27pm
Thanks for contacting me jay...Here is the link to the thread were you are discussed...

I would love to have one of you make an apearance and settle the issue.

I am sure you know there are a lot of fakes and frauds out there, I am glad you guys apear to be legit and very open, the frauds never are...

have a happy holidays

Phil
12/19/10 10:31 PM
mmaguy30

The only place I mentioned traveling was on here, so that tells me they are reading this...
12/19/10 10:59 PM
Ron Jeremy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Parabens
12/19/10 11:30 PM
mmaguy30

Correction, on my FB page there is details about my trip to NY tomorrow, so he most likely was not reading here, however I did just get another request from Jay for this thread link...
12/19/10 11:43 PM
mmaguy30

Jay Standish December 19 at 11:35pm Report
Phil I am waiting for my account and I will gladly enjoy being a part of the chat site. I do understand evbdys disbelief. Im not sure most wrestlers keep trac of their matches that are not colligent. I attended about 20 tournaments a year for four years plus duel meets. many of the tournaments I had several wrestling matches in per day ecspecially when I competed at two weight classes. I am also listed under david standish for the all navy team. however I went by Jay for most of my wrestling career. Arm drag dot com does have some high school wrestling stats from 92 through 94. I wish there was more on the freestyle and greco from high school unfortunately nobody keeps records that long. I can not even find pics from the all navy team. I wish I could cause every one wants to see how sucked out I was at 136.5 lbs lol. I found out you were coming to ny from your fb page. to give you an idea of fall tournaments i attended between freestyle and greco season and high school season east strousberg, strousberg, lockhaven, harrisburg, and lowere doiphiin. to give you an idea. Free style and greco tournaments were almost every weekend from the end of feb till june then empire state games and nationals. then you have 7 or 8 tournaments durring school season plus 15 duel meets. People can believe what ever the would like however they can always check on how I do at Nagas this spring. I will be competing at advanced masters class. Thanks for setting things straight for Dave. He often times does not involve himself in such things.

Phil Gizzi December 19 at 11:38pm
Would you like me to post your response now?

Jay Standish December 19 at 11:42pm Report
yes please I appreciate it.
12/19/10 11:50 PM
mmaguy30

I know shit about wrasslin... so I cant speak much here. The math does seam a bit fuzzy, and pretty extreme, so Jay does have some splaining to do...

BUT

a few things to note:

Never in these threads have the person in question been so instantly and easily, respectful, open, apparently honest and forthcoming.

The guy is training with a seemingly very legit BB who does not seem the type to associate himself with a fraud,

John Decyk has 1500+ underground wrasslin matches and NONE of them are on the interwebz...

I say since this guy is EXTREMELY willing to step up and defend himself, in a so far very respectful and open manor, lets hear him out and see what he has to say. Until his account is good I will post for him through my FB. Anyone who doubts the validity of my correspondence with him need only msg him on FB
12/19/10 11:59 PM
mmaguy30

Jay Standish December 19 at 11:55pm Report
I started wrestling at 7 in wyoming. I wrestled for South Seneca central in high school. MY freestyle club was lift lakes international freestyle team. Rob Koal and the cornell wrestlers coached it. We even had duel meets at the NY state fair in 93 against adirondack super six and mowhawk valley wrestling club. Im pretty sure these guys are used to seeing records for high school and college careers. When you wrestle tournaments all year round almost every weekend you rack up a lot of matches.
12/20/10 12:10 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - Jay Standish December 19 at 11:55pm Report
I started wrestling at 7 in wyoming. I wrestled for South Seneca central in high school. MY freestyle club was lift lakes international freestyle team. Rob Koal and the cornell wrestlers coached it. We even had duel meets at the NY state fair in 93 against adirondack super six and mowhawk valley wrestling club. Im pretty sure these guys are used to seeing records for high school and college careers. When you wrestle tournaments all year round almost every weekend you rack up a lot of matches.

Rob Koll wrestled for Cornell back in teh day. 
12/20/10 12:14 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

He's also the head coach now. 
12/20/10 12:14 AM
mmaguy30

he started at 7

lets say he grads college at roughly 21/22

we are talking about a 15 year career

1500 matches

780 weeks

about 2 matches a week
12/20/10 12:27 AM
gibboau
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All sounds 100% legit to me. Not coming across overly defensive or insecure, just stating the facts. Seems like it would be a pretty good place to train as well. I hope they understand the history of fake credentials being exposed around here and how offensive and irresponsible it is considered to train students under fake credentials. Just so that they know where the UG is coming from with getting so fired up over this misunderstanding. Phone Post
12/20/10 12:39 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

I've never heard about anyone keeping a record of every match you've ever had in wrestling. It just hasn't happened before. The amount does sound particularly high, but i guess over 15 years anything is possible. 
12/20/10 12:42 AM
mmaguy30

No one was ever insulting or overly disrespectful to them... Everyone talked big about "IF" it turns out he is a fake... turns out he's not...

They really seem like honorable guys who love the sport.

I hope that in the end this thread actually brings them into the online community, gets some nice exposure for their gym, and has a positive result.

And if it turns out they are frauds (really doubt it) I hope Wallid and Dan Gable direct the making of a new movie called "the most epic beatdown followed by a peepeetaste video"
12/20/10 12:43 AM
mmaguy30

JerseyJoeJitsu -  I've never heard about anyone keeping a record of every match you've ever had in wrestling. It just hasn't happened before. The amount does sound particularly high, but i guess over 15 years anything is possible. 

Exactly my thoughts...
12/20/10 12:51 AM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/20/10 12:51 AM
www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx here is a link of him at the all armed services meet in 1996

12/20/10 12:52 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

Lets say at an average tourney, you wrestle 4 times in a weight class. That would have to mean you're REALLY good because you're placing 4th at every tournament. Lets face it, local tourneys aren't that stacked and it's totally possible to even out to that. 

That would mean if you include Freestyle and Greco at every tournament, thats 8 matches/tourney. This is getting REALLY high. You have to cut it to 6 because 8 matches in a day is KILLER.

1400/6 = 233 tournaments in his life.

233/15 = 15 tourneys/year.

That seems high to me...but semi doable for someone who had an obbsessive father or something. This figure is also a bit skewed to help  him because I'm considering everything to be a tournament. In HS you do a lot more duels than tourneys and thats only 1 or 2 matches in a day. 

Its just the record that kills me. If he didnt have the record up and just said ~1400 matches, I'd go "Wtf? eh...maybe" and walk away. It's just that he has it broken up into win loss. and the fact that the win loss ratio is SO FUCKING HIGH, that leads me to believe he's gotta be fucking amazing. Thats a 94% win rate....come on. Wtf man I can't believe anyone who has a 94% life time win percentage over a 15 year career isn't a fucking legend. 

12/20/10 12:56 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

Who the fuck knows how many matches they won when they're 10? That's what is fucking killing me. 

I've never met anyone who could tell me the NUMBER. Tournament wins? Sure. Numbers? No way. 
12/20/10 12:59 AM
mmaguy30

Edited: 12/20/10 12:59 AM
pharochuck - www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx here is a link of him at the all armed services meet in 1996

I see a Dave Standish, but no Jay...
12/20/10 12:59 AM
pharochuck
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmaguy30 - he started at 7

lets say he grads college at roughly 21/22

we are talking about a 15 year career

1500 matches

780 weeks

about 2 matches a week
he also wrestled in the navy after college so add at least 3 to 4 more years onto his career and you get close to the 20 year career he's claiming and if he did hit all those tournies like he claims then he might have racked up all those matches. now the won-loss record i would have no idea how he kept track of that

12/20/10 1:02 AM
pharochuck

mmaguy30 - 
pharochuck - www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx here is a link of him at the all armed services meet in 1996

I see a Dave Standish, but no Jay...
remember he said he wrestled in the navy as david standish in the navy and he also stated he wrestled at 136.5

12/20/10 1:05 AM
mmaguy30

missed that...
12/20/10 1:10 AM
OzLoco
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This thread has been an emotional rollercoaster.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.