UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Almost forgot, CCIE time again!

12/19/10 12:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Today I'm doing my final tune ups for the lab tomorrow 12/20. This is my 4th attempt, although its my 3rd real attempt. (First was a scouting trip for my employer and I was in no way prepared)

I was one task away from passing last time. I found out what I did wrong for what thats worth. Its a different test every time. I've prepped as well as possible given my travel and work schedule in the last 3 months. I really want to pass it this time as I'm going to have a son in less than 3 weeks which will obviously cut down on study time.

I feel good about this one, although I did about the last one as well. Not much more to do at this point except get plenty of sleep tonight and crush that bitch tomorrow!
12/20/10 8:21 PM
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Done with the beast. I'm feeling really good but anxious that they'll score stuff wrong. Hate the waiting!
12/20/10 10:33 PM
big_slacker

Nah, its not that bad. Like anything else when you break it down and progressively tackle it over time it's inevitable.
12/22/10 2:32 AM
tycoon
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm betting you get it this time.
12/22/10 5:48 AM
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fingers crossed for you man. You deserve it. Let us know how you get on.
12/22/10 1:52 PM
big_slacker

Although I passed the lab this time, I don't get my CCIE because I didn't answer the "core knowledge" 4 questions correctly. You can do a google search on those and how hated/ineffective they are. A horrible feeling to wreck the lab and be out the $$ and no cert because of trivia.
12/22/10 3:09 PM
JOB
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck! :( I'm sorry man. That's bullshit.
12/25/10 4:58 AM
rfquinn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, man.  Sorry to hear about that, Slacker.  I read that the core knowledge questions have been eliminated on the R&S and Voice IE.  Are you taking the Security IE?
12/25/10 9:17 AM
big_slacker

Yep, security still has them. They want to do away with them, but want to add a formal troubleshooting section like the R&S test before doing so. I guess thats taking a while because its more difficult to virtualize security devices.

I didn't really give the questions a second thought, I passed them easily on my previous attempts. I just got unlucky in this time around in the question selection. Just have to take it again. The lab part was easy this time, as easy as a test like this can be.
12/26/10 3:14 PM
StephenL
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'll be registering for the ccna security class at my local networking academy. class is 4 months, then the 1st new edition class of ccnp will start.

registered for the ccnp class last semester, but it was closed due to low enrollment.

stephen
12/26/10 7:50 PM
Road Warrior Fin
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen - haven't heard from you - How have things been up there in Michigan? 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.