UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jim Miller wants title shot

12/19/10 10:09 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

With an impressive record in and out of the UFC, the fact that his name wasn’t mentioned among the upper echelon of lightweights got under Miller’s skin. He hopes the victory at UFC 124 and his declaration afterwards that people will start to pay attention to the work ethic he’s shown in the cage.

“It’s a fact. The only guys that beat me, beat me by decision, and they’re No. 1 and No. 2. Frankie (Edgar’s) only loss is to Gray (Maynard). Gray’s undefeated. My only two losses are to them. So why are there five, six, seven guys people always say between me and those top two guys? I feel that I should be right up there, and there’s no reason people shouldn’t have me as No. 3,” declared Miller.

Miller is up to whatever challenge the UFC lays at his doorstep next. He wants everyone to understand that during his time with the UFC, he’s never turned down a fight, and he’s stepped up to face everyone the promotion has put in front of him. Now he’s ready to start calling people by name to make sure people recognize he wants to fight the best.

“I’d love the next shot at the title. I’d love a shot at (Kenny) Florian when he’s healthy, or (Sean) Sherk, or I really would have liked them not to have given (George) Sotiropoulos (someone) so quickly. I know they’re trying to build up the Australian market, but to me a fight between me and him makes sense,” Miller stated.

read entire article...

12/19/10 10:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rockwell
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Word! Miller is hugely under-rated.

He doesn't get the love he should.
12/19/10 10:33 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's one of my favorites in the division and has been for a while. Hopefully he gets a top 5 guy next and, with a win, the next shot after Pettis.
12/19/10 10:41 PM
Bill Pharoni
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he put the wheels in motion with his last post-fight interview.
12/19/10 10:42 PM
TheGARV
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAHQ, Underwear Model
 He's too good to be denied much longer.
12/19/10 10:45 PM
Doc T
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He deserves it. Phone Post
12/19/10 10:50 PM
AceAtGSU
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Pharoni - I think he put the wheels in motion with his last post-fight interview.

12/19/10 10:51 PM
AMA Fight Club
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
12/19/10 10:52 PM
nyhcloyalty
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been a fan of Miller since I saw him sub Muhsin in Jersey some years ago.
12/19/10 11:21 PM
tjmitch
298 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is time. One more win should give him a title shot.
12/19/10 11:28 PM
Max Dangerous
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miller is a tough, improving fighter, but he probably lost Mark Bocek and got outstruck by Gray Maynard. He needs to beat some better competition before he gets a title shot. I don't see him ever winning one, if he manages to get one.
12/19/10 11:40 PM
HELWIG

12/20/10 1:08 AM
Max Dangerous

HELWIG -  <strong>Member Since:</strong> 11/4/10
<strong>Posts:</strong> 79

Too afraid to rebuttal intelligently, its okay I was dumb once too.

Millers best win is against Oliveira, hardly a top 10, if even top 20, fighter. It's hard to put him in a top 10 world ranking, even though he would do well against a lot of the guys ahead of him. Post merger Miller never gets a shot at the title.
12/20/10 1:45 AM
Malachy Friedman
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

scrap guillard and give him dunham

better than sherk
12/20/10 1:49 AM
Salt the Snail

I almost want to see Miller vs Soto but I think they both deserve title shots.
12/20/10 2:30 AM
JustBlogGuy

Max Dangerous - 
HELWIG -  <strong>Member Since:</strong> 11/4/10
<strong>Posts:</strong> 79

Too afraid to rebuttal intelligently, its okay I was dumb once too.

Millers best win is against Oliveira, hardly a top 10, if even top 20, fighter. It's hard to put him in a top 10 world ranking, even though he would do well against a lot of the guys ahead of him. Post merger Miller never gets a shot at the title.

Charles is not Miller's best win at all. And, while it's true he has no top-15 wins, the only other guy on any kind of worthwhile streak is G-Sot, and his best win just got knocked out cold by somebody that is at best in the middle of the pack in terms of guys Jim has beaten.
12/20/10 12:21 PM
bhealthy

he deserves it
12/20/10 1:35 PM
sharkman68
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Max Dangerous - Miller is a tough, improving fighter, but he probably lost Mark Bocek and got outstruck by Gray Maynard. He needs to beat some better competition before he gets a title shot. I don't see him ever winning one, if he manages to get one.

I kind of agree. Miller is a great fighter, but you dont become #3 just because you lost to #1 and 2# and have never beaten #3-#10! He will continue to improve, but he still has a way to go before he is #1

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.