UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Know of any hirings?

12/21/10 3:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
You Against Me
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey everyone,

I know this section doesn't get used too much, but thought I'd give it a whirl. Here's a quick bio of me: I'm twenty three years old with a bachelors degree in Business Administration and an associates and certificate in Criminal Justice. I have four plus years in the military, but have always wanted a career in law enforcement.

Probability is on my side with the amount of applications I have going out, but luck hasn't been on my side. I've taken a bunch of written and physical assessments and have passed both, but have quickly learned testing and hiring are not the same thing. I actually went the distance for a position at the Sheriff's department passing every phase, but was passed over by the Sheriff.

Any tips or leads?

Thanks all.
12/24/10 6:29 AM
Skinny Fat Man
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could try Border Patrol. I see advertisements all around my city and here them on the radio as well.
12/27/10 2:43 PM
IP
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You Against Me - Hey everyone,

I know this section doesn't get used too much, but thought I'd give it a whirl. Here's a quick bio of me: I'm twenty three years old with a bachelors degree in Business Administration and an associates and certificate in Criminal Justice. I have four plus years in the military, but have always wanted a career in law enforcement.

Probability is on my side with the amount of applications I have going out, but luck hasn't been on my side. I've taken a bunch of written and physical assessments and have passed both, but have quickly learned testing and hiring are not the same thing. I actually went the distance for a position at the Sheriff's department passing every phase, but was passed over by the Sheriff.

Any tips or leads?

Thanks all.

Hang in there. LE hiring goes in cycles. Right now, most departments have or are cutting to the bone - and there are a lot of cops nearing retirement. Deep personnel cuts are meant to be temporary. There will have to be a hiring wave within the next couple of years.
1/1/11 1:40 AM
Shire
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.policeemployment.com
1/1/11 6:58 PM
chaseb1
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ICE/HSI is supposed to be testing again this year, supposedly in January, FBI is actively recruiting as well as the Secret Service. Non 1811 jobs (non criminal investigator) are hiring such as Border Patrol. Army CID and NCIS are usually up and hiring and a good way to get into the system with a military background.

Easiest way to do it is shotgun a resume/app to everyone, military gets you additional points towards hiring. Get into the system then you can lateral if you want to change jobs.

PS: save a copy of everything you send in, every application, etc, it will save you a lot of time in the process. When you are requested to send in some more info, make sure you send it in a way you can track it and have proof you sent it; such as return notice, etc.

PSS: get everything you need ready, dd214, birth certificate, ssn card, etc. Make sure your credit problems, if you have any, are resolved or being worked on. These are usually the biggest delays or hinderences in the process/background investigation.
1/2/11 4:47 PM
You Against Me

Thanks for the tips and ideas, guys. Hope you all have a prosperous new year.
1/20/11 9:28 AM
KidJustice
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.usajobs.gov

ICE and CBP are both hiring. ICE/ERO will start testing again for the Immigration Enforcement Agent position this fiscal year.
1/23/11 4:46 PM
You Against Me

Thanks, Justice.

I'm a long time lurker on the site and knew you were a federal agent, so was hoping to get some insight from you. I check USAJobs religiously. I've heard rumors that the U.S. Marshal's were also going to hire this year and the DEA according to their recruiters.
1/26/11 4:16 PM
xDOMINANTGENEx
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Border patrol has been filling classes in Artesia,NM at the FLETC academy. I am a recent graduate myself and am currently coming up to my last few weeks of spanish.

Keep in mind most federal LEO positions take on average 2-3 years to actually get hired. It took just under 3 years for me to be offered a position. All of the steps are quite time consuming and with Obama cutting out the old FCIP a lot of people currently in process may have to repeat the steps.

Sorry so long for my first post, just wanted to let you know how long the process will most likely take.
1/27/11 11:13 PM
KidJustice
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You Against Me - Thanks, Justice.

I'm a long time lurker on the site and knew you were a federal agent, so was hoping to get some insight from you. I check USAJobs religiously. I've heard rumors that the U.S. Marshal's were also going to hire this year and the DEA according to their recruiters.
Yeah USAJobs is the site to keep checking for sure. Make sure your resume is up to date and ready to go.

DEA is hiring in fact they hired away two of our agents!

1/27/11 11:15 PM
KidJustice

xDOMINANTGENEx - The Border patrol has been filling classes in Artesia,NM at the FLETC academy. I am a recent graduate myself and am currently coming up to my last few weeks of spanish.

Keep in mind most federal LEO positions take on average 2-3 years to actually get hired. It took just under 3 years for me to be offered a position. All of the steps are quite time consuming and with Obama cutting out the old FCIP a lot of people currently in process may have to repeat the steps.

Sorry so long for my first post, just wanted to let you know how long the process will most likely take.
Cutting FCIP has screwed us big time, We have so many positions to fill and now will have to wait until a new list is put together.
1/28/11 1:00 PM
xDOMINANTGENEx
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, its screwed up now. Every person I talk to about hiring for the BP think that since the budget passed and they approved more agents, think that there are 2000 agents hired already. Not the case. Now with FCIP going in March, all of the TSU applicant lists will need to be re-populated (supposedly). Hopefully they just transfer all of the old test scores, OB's, poly's etc and just make them reapply on March 1st.

Who knows? Maybe this will speed the hiring process for newer applicants.

What concerns me is the word I am hearing is that they are cutting AUO at a few duty stations.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.