UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Penny stocks anyone? Your 2011 picks?

1/21/11 11:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ptper
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made some money on EMKR last year, buying around .80 and selling anywhere near $.90-$1

Had a good portion at $.80 that I sold at $1.15, then it went on up to $1.5 where it is now.

They had a bad quarterly report come out recently and the stock took a shit all the way back to about $1.1 in one day. I didn't buy, expecting it to dip under a buck but it never did. It went back to $1.5 which surprised me a bit.
1/21/11 11:28 AM
ptper
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bought a little NNVC.

When I get home tonight I'm going to tell the wife that I bought some herpes vaccine today and see how she reacts.
1/21/11 12:10 PM
EVILYOSHIDA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DID ANYBODY BUY MY LDK RECOMMENDATION A WEEK OR 2 AGO? THIS IS THE STRONGEST FUCKING STOCK OUT OF THE BUNCH. WOW.

1/21/11 12:13 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

MNEAF was sitting at fibonnaci retracement line 38.2 yest. it broke through today, trend is down for now.

if u still want to buy , buy at 2.32, in which it may bounce off of.

like i said quite risky.
1/21/11 1:30 PM
BeerMuscles

I want to start investing in penny stocks, but I have to wait til after my wedding. How much do you guys put in each stock? I literally don't know shit about investing, I'm a blue collar guy, but EvilYoshida's system intrigues me.
1/21/11 3:41 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

i bought TWM. ultra short russell 2000s.

small caps are usually the first to go, then large caps will follow.

small cap/large cap divergence is usually a leading indicator.

TWM is the safest bet. set a 2% stop.
1/21/11 3:42 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

for pennies, i usually invest 2-3K dollars. i mean stocks that are under 1 dollar

stocks over 3 dollars with decent financials i may put more in.
1/21/11 4:15 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

nasdaq has been down while dow jones is going up. major divergence. be prepared for correction.

1/22/11 11:48 PM
vegasdolphin
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is copper & coffee good long term invests? If so, what are the tickers?

Thanks 
1/23/11 6:23 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

don't invest in anything right now. the market is topping out.

1/23/11 11:23 PM
vegasdolphin
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EVILYOSHIDA - don't invest in anything right now. the market is topping out.

Yo Evil did you get my message? Sent it last week or so. Thanks,so your predicting a crash? 
1/24/11 3:57 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

once again, i hope people are listening to my calls. i was bearish on gold and silver:

Jan. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Hedge funds are unloading bullish bets on gold as a slide in prices sends the metal to its worst start to a year since 1997. Holdings in silver dropped to the lowest since February.

"Managed-money funds held net-long positions, or wagers on rising prices, totaling 134,473 contracts on the Comex in New York as of Jan. 18, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission data showed on Jan. 21. The gold holdings have plunged for three straight weeks, dropping 21 percent since the end of December, while net-long positions in silver are down 24 percent."
1/24/11 3:57 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

hey vegas, i will check my inbox. don't check it as much as i should. will get back to you.

1/24/11 10:09 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

solars are flying again. hope people bought LDK, SOL and JKS
1/24/11 4:55 PM
Bean Bag
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/24/11 4:59 PM
Bean Bag -  Officially in NEOP (Neoprobe Corp) @ $2.44
The runup on this one should be sweet and I will be holding long term. 
NEOP Alpha Article

NEOP blog

Put Biodel (BIOD) on your watch lists.  It is up $.34 to $2.30.  Might be a short sqeeze. I love there insulin medication (Viadel) but hate their management.  I will selling soon unless there is a chance of a buyout of BIOD.   

Sold CHRI.ob @ $.08 and tripled my original investment.  I am putting a limit order in @ $.06.
NEOP.ob up 14.75% today on 0 news.  It could be a great week if there is enws behind the big move today.  I expect big things from NEOP.ob.

CHRI.ob had a sell off today, as expected.  It went as low as $.055 before recovering back to $.07.  I had a AON order in at $.06 that got no respect.  

PDO continues to work its way back towards $6 with an $.18 gain today.

RGEN up $.36 and keeps flying.  I might set a sell order at $5.40 tomorrow.

CLQMF is taking a dump.  It was down another 6% today.

I am looking at some earnings plays that are coming up.  I am going to do some research this week to see  which side I will take (calls or puts).  Watching DNR and few others for calls.

1/24/11 5:16 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

i have been watching neop. good calls bean bag.

i am conservative, so i am in cash now. but keep the calls coming.

once there is a pullback and sentiment is rebalanced, i will start giving more picks.

for those that believe teh market will continue higher, keep holding solars.

1/25/11 11:19 AM
Bean Bag
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NEOP.ob up another 7% to $3 but it is having trouble fighting past the psychological barrier.  It should move towards $3.50 if there is news behind the movement.

SLW is blowing past resistance levels.  Next stop is $26-27.  Silver and other metal commodities are losing ground fast but are easily manipulated.

UCO (Ultra Crude Oil ETF) is failing and I will be loading up the truck if it hits the $10.50 range.  This is an IRA buy only for me because the tax hit on a regular account is crazy. 

CHRI.ob is losing ground fast.  I have a buy order in at $.05 but this stock could fall to $.01 overnight and stay there for months.  Like most pennies, it needs positive news a couple of times each quarter to maintain a good price or it drops fast.

I will be looking at earnings plays but I am only going for strong stock plays that meet all of my criteria.  EY is right about the market.  The market is treading water right now and is looking for a reason to break down.
1/25/11 11:35 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

i'm not looking for any plays now.

just waiting on the sidelines, and waiting to short the shit out of some stocks.

1/28/11 8:37 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

the penny stock strategies that worked last month are not working this month. not as well at least. what we are seeing is a breakdown of the microcaps, small caps in anticipation of a market correction.

2/1/11 10:36 AM
Bean Bag

PDO is keeps reaching higher and higher.  I have a sell set at $6.50 which will give me a 40% gain in less than 2 months.  If you are going to invest in this market, look at oil and gas stocks. 
2/1/11 10:40 AM
Bean Bag

Edited: 02/01/11 12:25 PM
%

2/1/11 11:40 AM
ptper

I doubled my position in SDCJF first thing this morning.

It didn't run like I thought it would. Still should be a good one, though.
2/1/11 12:24 PM
Bean Bag

Edited: 02/01/11 12:24 PM
_

2/1/11 1:44 PM
Bean Bag

Bean Bag -

I am looking at some earnings plays that are coming up.  I am going to do some research this week to see  which side I will take (calls or puts).  Watching DNR and few others for calls.

DNR has started a strong earnings run, up $2 to $20.86.  I missed this one even though I had a buy date 2/26.
So be it~
2/2/11 5:48 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

JASO got a 400 MW contract.

HUGE. guaranteed revenue for the next 3 years.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.