UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Penny stocks anyone? Your 2011 picks?

1/3/11 10:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vegasdolphin
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you. But what is a known grain stock symbol anyway? Where do you see the market going overall this week ? 
vegasdolphin
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you. But what is a known grain stock symbol anyway? Where do you see the market going overall this week ? 
vegasdolphin

1/3/11 10:58 PM
EVILYOSHIDA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for grains jjg, gru

these are etfs

they track the futures
1/3/11 11:12 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

hard to say where the market will go as it is creeping up every day on shitty volume.

i can tell you when the market is going to correct steeply and when it's about to, i will give you a heads up.

1/4/11 8:47 AM
salyer36
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EVIL-

I agree with you. I am basically suring up my investment positions and trying to learn about trading along the way.
1/4/11 11:50 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

chgy did not confirm.

new pick CELM.

1/4/11 12:32 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

3.5% correction in silver today.

huge.

what did i say people?

WHAT DID I SAY?!?!?!?!
1/4/11 12:39 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

slv down almost 4%.

1/4/11 12:44 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

buy back silver after this correction

might last 1-2 more days
1/4/11 12:57 PM
Kakkarotto_san
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/04/11 12:57 PM
ey, what do you think of Citigroup long term? It's considered a penny stock right now, and I think once it breaks 5 bucks, a lot of big guys will get into it and drive the price up.

Thoughts?
1/4/11 2:36 PM
WEB

evil - what do you think of adxs.ob, overall opinions on biotech stocks?
1/4/11 3:44 PM
Bean Bag
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch out buying commodity ETF's.  There are tax implications unless you buy them in an IRA.

Does anyone have a good lithium stock to recommend?  The ETF LIT has been a skyrocket.  I am looking at CLQMF but I need to do more research.
1/4/11 5:43 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

web,

my opinion of adxs is this.

it spiked up nearly 50% 1-2 weeks ago, you will have to wait a little bit longer for a similar spike. very low volume.

this is a higher probability trade, but not the highest.

biotech stocks are the lottery tickets of the penny stock world but are highly dependent on trials, announcement etc. be careful with holding too long as they dilute dilute dilute.

what you want to look for is a quick gain

i would wait for adxs if i were you if volume picks up, pile on.

volume is the gas of the market, without it, price cannot go up. you canot simply look at price.

1/4/11 6:45 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

Kakkarotto_san - ey, what do you think of Citigroup long term? It's considered a penny stock right now, and I think once it breaks 5 bucks, a lot of big guys will get into it and drive the price up.

Thoughts?

yah usually when a penny stock breaks 5 the institutions step in, but c is a widely visible stock and i'm sure many institutions are holding, so i don't think 5 dollar effect will apply here.

i see slow and steady appreciation for C. a decent long term hold with little downside at this point. their global expansion is continuing.

but you probably won't see stratospheric gains. it really depends what your risk tolerance is.

1/4/11 10:22 PM
Bean Bag
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally love biotechs but i would not touch a biotech stock that didn't have an expected catalyst date and I sell it before the news.  A lot of biotechs have great stories or medications that never make past phase III studies.  It has been said that a good med will cost $1 billion to get approved by the FDA.  That is a lot of risk that is usually distributed to the share holders. 
As far as ADXS is concerned, I looked into the stock a few months ago.  I did not like what I found out.  They have CEO that was charged by the SEC a few years ago (Litigation Release No. 19376). There med is going through phase II trials in the US and in India which doesn't leave them many options if phase II or III finds issue.  If the drug has any effacy issues, the FDA will vote against it.
They have a safty board meeting this month but do not have anything scheduled or expected until the summer.  Dead periods for biotechs are aweful for the long term investor. 
Personally, I won't consider them until they are successfully in phase three of trials and show that they have plenty of money to make to the approval date without dilution.  Dilution is the worst with biotechs.  I had one biotech stock that told everyone that they wouldn't dilute during a quarterly conference call only to dilute a month later. 
1/5/11 8:53 AM
jd11b
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OPXA up ~80% in pre-market.  Recently took this one off of my watch list.  Wish I wouldn't have.
1/5/11 11:15 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

good stuff!

look at my celm call
1/5/11 11:49 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

just like i predicted, nuro is in the 55 cent consolidation range. if it holds around this level for a few days, it's a buy
1/5/11 12:06 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

lvlt continues it's onward trek.

people may get a few more session of green and then kerplatt lol
1/5/11 12:15 PM
Kakkarotto_san
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EVILYOSHIDA - lvlt continues it's onward trek.

people may get a few more session of green and then kerplatt lol

EY, is it too late to get in on this? Buy now, or forget about it?
1/5/11 12:26 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

kakk, you can get a safe 5-10% on lvlt.

75% probability.

beyond that, set your stops.

like i said if it breaks 1.20 then it goes up more.

1/5/11 12:37 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

let this thread be a testamant to the raw power of technical trading.

if people bought all my recommendations and sold at the first pop, they would have destroyed warren buffet's one year return.

i actually encourage people not to believe in technical analysis, because it makes it easier for me.

60% of the time i don't even know the name of the company or what it does. i only know the ticker and its price history. LOL

fuck fundamentals and this is coming from a guy witha masters degree in finance.

1/5/11 12:37 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

LVLT soaring. do people just love my predictions?

i said new year's pop. first week.

1/5/11 12:41 PM
Kakkarotto_san

EY, where do I set my stop on LVLT? It's currently at $1.09

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.