UnderGround Forums

Money, Business & Finance Ground >> Penny stocks anyone? Your 2011 picks?

1/8/11 3:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EVILYOSHIDA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

using my elliot wave analysis, the market is due for an abc correction anytime.

mid to late jan. i think. there is still some new year's exuberance that will last a wee bit longer. i am ready to liquidate my positions.

1/9/11 11:27 AM
jd11b
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/09/11 11:44 AM
EVILYOSHIDA - jd11b, what does telechart have that tradestation doesnt' have?

just wondering.

Haven't used tradestation, so I'm not sure.

If we need me to temp change my login so you can take a look I'm willing.

edit:
from quick glance, I'm assuming tradestation is an actual trading platform?  this isn't.
1/9/11 3:09 PM
jd11b
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EVILYOSHIDA - using my elliot wave analysis, the market is due for an abc correction anytime.

I see what you're saying and it does appear to be forming that pattern.

Now that we're seeing 3 year highs in NASDAQ and S&P, do you feel that old resistance has become support?  Stochastics are indicating overbought...

1/9/11 9:09 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

yes we are currently on the 5th impulse wave, then we head down with an ABC pattern that should last for weeks.

also jd11b, yeah if you can private message me ur login just for sec. i'd like to check it out. thanks.
1/10/11 9:32 AM
jd11b

EVILYOSHIDA - yes we are currently on the 5th impulse wave, then we head down with an ABC pattern that should last for weeks.

also jd11b, yeah if you can private message me ur login just for sec. i'd like to check it out. thanks.
I'll shoot a PM here in a bit.

I just got the key to download the 2011 beta, curious to see how it compares to the old one.

I'm keeping an eye on COIN today.  Lot of pre-market volume.

TO EVERYONE:
I'm willing to setup a private forum on my server if we'd like to move our discussions from here out of a single thread and into something more manageable.   If there's enough people here interested I'll get it up today/tomorrow.

1/10/11 10:25 AM
jd11b

Hah, COIN up 8.54%
1/10/11 10:52 AM
jd11b

Got out of COIN at .449 (+9.51%).

Had my eye on JSDA yesterday when I was looking at scans, wish I would have jumped in this morning, it's up ~15%
1/10/11 11:06 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

Edited: 01/10/11 11:08 AM
WOW. nice call for COIN<br /><br />shoulda logged on earlier would've hopped onto COIN.
<br /><br />i was getting out of SOL, made a nice 20%<br /><br />
1/10/11 11:14 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

yo jd,

i'd be interested in joining the private forum. so we can shoot potential trades back and forth.

you have good calls as well. we can help each other.

how are you scanning for breakouts? candlestick formations or volume?
1/10/11 11:35 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

good thing you got out of COIN, company is dogshit.

1/10/11 11:53 AM
jd11b

EVILYOSHIDA - yo jd,

i'd be interested in joining the private forum. so we can shoot potential trades back and forth.

you have good calls as well. we can help each other.

how are you scanning for breakouts? candlestick formations or volume?
Thanks man, I still consider myself very very raw, didn't jump into until '08 or so, but have always kept an eye on the markets.  I started really taking interest in the late 90's when I worked at a dialup ISP.  We rented an office to a day trader and I was really impressed with his setup, so I annoyed/picked his brain a good bit.  I actually had an invite for the Redhat IPO in Aug of 99 thanks to being a super nerd, but I didn't realize what I had obtained (it was just before my 17th birtday).  My daytrader guy was willing to take care of it and float me cash for a piece of the pie, but it was too late. I'm still pissed about that one.  I was still interested during my years in the Army, but didn't trade since I was always on the move.  Reading tradermike.net up and down has helped a lot, too.  Currently, I think writing software for a living helps get me in a nice analytical mindset, but the market has done a great job slapping me around (I think my emotions are under control now, we'll see).

I always use candlesticks, I feel that they show the true flow of the market.  I'm still playing with Telechart and trying to get a feel on it.  Most of of scans this weekend were looking for doji's, BB squeezes, Fibnonacci retracements, and recent 52 week lows (how I found COIN).   I've imported all of tradermike's scan types into Telechart and he has an enormous amount of criteria, very awesome.  I'll PM you my temp login for TC shortly with a link to Mike's scripts.

Anyway, once I find some candidates, I take a good look at the chart, if it looks interesting, it goes on the watchlist.  After that, I check pre-market, see whats happening with price/vol/news and make a decision based on that.  I also hang around #stocks on EFNet irc, they have news bots and quote bots with futures, comms, etc, not to mention some smart guys chatting.

In the end, I still a peon, but I'm getting there.  I'm fortunate enough to be able to constantly monitor the market due to my job.

I'm setting up the forum on one of my servers now, I'll throw a link in here once I'm done.

1/10/11 11:53 AM
jd11b

Edited: 01/10/11 11:54 AM
EVILYOSHIDA - good thing you got out of COIN, company is dogshit.

Yeah there was no way I was holding overnight, I've learned that lesson the hard way.

1/10/11 12:26 PM
jd11b

Edited: 01/10/11 12:27 PM
Forum is up:
http://stocks.project93.com 

I've set everything private so membership has to be approved before you can view/post.
1/10/11 2:13 PM
WEB
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

id join the forum
1/10/11 2:26 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

i joined the forum
1/10/11 2:31 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

non penny related call.

assuming the market HOLDS and does not correct.

ALL SOLARS, especialy CHINESE SOLARS are going much higher.

SOL, TSL, YGE, JKS, JASO, CSUN, LDK and many others.

caution: as long as market holds.

my personal favs are SOL and JASO.

---

if alcoa beats earnings, the market may get a bit more juice and find a reason to go higher.

SOLAR is the place to be.

1/10/11 2:35 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

remember the most important thing is money management.

manage trade size. cut your losses quickly no exceptions, unless you preplanned buying something in tranches.

this game is not that hard if you love it and exercise discipline.

1/10/11 2:46 PM
jd11b

Forum should be up and rocking, I've got all sorts of bells and whistles configured it on it now.  Thanks for showing everyone interest everyone.  EY, I made you a mod.
1/10/11 3:07 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

thank you! i will make some posts shortly.
1/10/11 4:06 PM
vegasdolphin
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As i mentioned earlier, i have no knowledge of stocks. But reading these posts are very interesting. Great picks! 

I did see Silver & Gold back up a bit, do you think its the time the silver? Gold? 
1/10/11 4:07 PM
vegasdolphin
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm also shocked that thread isnt more active. So please keep your info coming
1/10/11 9:47 PM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

vegas-

i read this thread every day but I don't have anything to contribute yet.

Trying to step up my "trader" game
1/10/11 10:10 PM
vegasdolphin

salyer36 - vegas-

i read this thread every day but I don't have anything to contribute yet.

Trying to step up my "trader" game
cool man. Same here, reading everyday, my situation is way different though. Money & health is my problem right now. 
1/10/11 10:14 PM
salyer36
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

best of luck.... health should come before everything.
1/11/11 12:53 AM
jd11b

salyer36 - best of luck.... health should come before everything.
ditto

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.