UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Some Great Sticks You Need to Check

12/22/10 2:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joesonshuevos
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Viaje- Skull and Bones. They recently released series 2. Which will need some resting time, but 1st series was amazing.

Drew Estate Liga Privada- Another great stick. Pictured is the Flying Pig.

La Aurora Cien Anos- For you DR lovers, this is a special cigar. For those who don't commonly smoke DRs, this is an exception.

La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor- Great cigar, great size variety.

Nestor Miranda- Art Deco Nestor hits another home run with this 1. A little sweeter than his last offerings.

Tatuaje Cojonu- Pete Johnson and the boys have been coming out with much better stuff these days. Even their Cuban Classic is good with 2 years of age. The Cojonu is great coming out of the box.
12/22/10 5:30 PM
joesonshuevos
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't all comment at once. The Leon Jimenes fam is on a roll lately. The 100, 107, 2003 Puro Vintage, Guillermo Leon, 2001 Cameroon.....all great cigars.....for a Dom. LOL
12/28/10 10:17 PM
chadk
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the Liga Privada a lot also but it's pricey.
12/29/10 8:27 PM
joesonshuevos

That it is, brother. But, damn it's smooth. Traviata maduro is nice if on a budget, As is Murcielago.
12/29/10 11:54 PM
chadk
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I made a thread here awhile ago about the Traviata. Some listened, others scorned the CAO label. One day... they will learn.
12/30/10 3:44 AM
Captain America
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like the CAO MX2s and he Cohibas that come in the black box (don't know what they're called off the top of my head, I'm still kind of new to cigars), can I get some recommendations based on that?
1/5/11 1:30 AM
chadk

Alec Bradley makes some nice cigars for the price too.
1/5/11 2:13 AM
joesonshuevos

Yep check out the prensado and tempus lines first.
1/5/11 9:50 PM
joesonshuevos

Capt America, seems like you like earthy, yet rich. Those listed up top are all GREAT choices for you. il Famiglia is HUGE on Padrones also. So, try the regular PAdron maduros and eventually try the 64 32 and 45 eventually. 

And Def try the Aurora 107 and Guillermo Leon if you like the Cohiba.
1/5/11 9:55 PM
Captain America
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

joesonshuevos, thank you sir, I'll definitely check some of those out next payday Phone Post
1/7/11 3:15 PM
joesonshuevos

Excellent. Please feel free to post questions and your opinions once you have had a few of them. il Don had a birthday yesterday and burned:

1)Nestor Art Dec on the front nine at Wildfire Palmer (beautiful course)
2)Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor on the back nine
3)Liga Privada at the cigar shop with friends.

Off to Sedona for the weekend, packed with: Padron 26, AurorA Cien Anos, Skull and Bones and Cuban Montecristo 2s/ should be a good time....also bringing a bottle of Balvenie. Salud!
1/7/11 4:07 PM
Captain America

Do you buy your cigars online? If so where? I was looking around and I found some places that are cheap, but don't have much selection, and some places that have a wide variety, but cost an arm and a leg a your left nut. Phone Post
1/9/11 11:14 PM
joesonshuevos

Cubans primarily online. Nicaraguans and drs primarily brick and mortars.
3/15/11 2:30 PM
joesonshuevos

3/19/11 11:39 PM
Gforce
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - Alec Bradley makes some nice cigars for the price too.

Fuck these pieces of shit.

CRAP construction. My Prensado went out numerous times just as described in this review.

http://www.cigarinspector.com/alec-bradley/alec-bradley-prensado

I keep a braising torch at hand for touch ups--and had to use it a LOT.

I'll take Punch any day in that price range.
3/20/11 8:32 AM
chadk

Gforce - 
chadk - Alec Bradley makes some nice cigars for the price too.

Fuck these pieces of shit.

CRAP construction. My Prensado went out numerous times just as described in this review.

http://www.cigarinspector.com/alec-bradley/alec-bradley-prensado

I keep a braising torch at hand for touch ups--and had to use it a LOT.

I'll take Punch any day in that price range.

Really? I've not had a Prensado but have smoked Maxx, Tempus and Family Blend without any issues.
3/22/11 1:42 PM
joesonshuevos

Prensados are great, just pricey. The Maxx has a problem of burning horribly

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.